|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58 to 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the mood of Frida's cold weather image?
2. What does Lowe argue is Frida's overall feeling toward life?
(a) Worry over her husband.
(b) A feeling of pain and dispair.
(c) An interest in professional advancement keeps her going through difficulty.
(d) A sense of happiness and humor.
3. What is depicted on the first painted page of Frida's Diary?
(a) A kind of title page.
(b) Frida's favorite recipe.
(c) A poem.
(d) A favorite quotation.
4. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
(a) She becomes increasingly interested in expanding her artistic influences.
(b) She becomes more interested in her professional career as an artist.
(c) She declines physically.
(d) She becomes more and more reclusive.
5. What does Lowe write creates an "aura of illness" in one of the illustrations in the Diary?
(a) The color of dried blood.
(b) The reflection of a doctor's office in Frida's eyes.
(c) Images of decomposing food.
(d) Images of hospital halls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Mexico does Fuentes compare to Frida's body?
2. What does Frida place in an icy landscape?
3. How does Lowe describe Frida's planning of the paintings in her Diary?
4. What line of work was Frida's father in?
5. Which of the following techniques does Lowe write that Kahlo used?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)