|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58 to 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the Mexican Revolution, what culture does Fuentes write influenced Mexico and Latin America?
(a) German culture.
(b) Italian culture.
(c) Haitian culture.
(d) French culture.
2. Frida created an list of words beginning with the same letter. What letter did she use?
3. What does the use of the "third eye" signify in the "Portrait of Neferunico"?
(a) "Her love of foreign things."
(b) "The power of her intuitive insight."
(c) "Her connection to India."
(d) "Her interest in unusual biological forms."
4. Who is the Olmedo that Kahlo refers to in the first few pages of her poem?
(a) Juan Olmedo, a doctor.
(b) Dolores Olmedo, a friend.
(c) Ines Olmedo, a model.
(d) Francisco Olmedo, a boyfriend from her youth.
5. What writing reveals that, as Lowe writes, "Kahlo came to her senses"?
(a) Her writing that Diego "belongs to himself."
(b) Her writing "my body will not give out unless my spirit dims."
(c) Her statement "I am responsible for myself."
(d) Her statement that "he has brought me more pain than joy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes how Fuentes characterizes Frida's speech?
2. How does Lowe write that students remembered Frida?
3. What are the carpas that Fuentes describes?
4. Which of the following describe the mood of Frida's depiction of her animals.
5. Who does Lowe write does Frida draw in the Diary and use in a painting titled Moses?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)