|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 33 to 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What civilizations does Lowe wright were part of Kahlo's understanding of her "personal past"?
(a) The Mayans.
(b) The Surrealists in France.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Olmecs, Aztecs, and Toltecs.
2. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
(a) She becomes more interested in her professional career as an artist.
(b) She declines physically.
(c) She becomes more and more reclusive.
(d) She becomes increasingly interested in expanding her artistic influences.
3. Who is Jose Guadalupe Posada?
(a) Frida's first husband.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rebvolutionary leader.
(d) A graphic artist.
4. Which of the following best describe Frida's feeling for her husband?
5. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
(a) An indigenous geometric style.
(b) An Italian ornate style.
(c) A German born style emphasizing contrast.
(d) A surrealist style that influenced architecture at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Frida write in (in what Lowe points out is the only time she cites a source other than herself)?
2. Who is Xipe Totec?
3. Who does Frida address an eight page letter to in the Diary?
4. What does Lowe claim was the guiding principal behind Surrealism?
5. Which of the following techniques does Lowe write that Kahlo used?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)