|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 33 to 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fuentes write that Frida experienced in a painting she created for the American Clare Booth Luce (which other Mexican artists also experienced when selling art to Americans)?
(a) Lack of payment.
(c) Misunderstandings about specifications.
(d) Unfair working conditions.
2. Who does Lowe write does Frida draw in the Diary and use in a painting titled Moses?
(a) Andre Breton.
3. What Tiffany art object does Carlos Fuentes describe?
(a) A glass curtain.
(b) Frida's earrings.
(c) A diamond studded leash.
(d) A beautiful lamp shade.
4. In Frida's "Portrait of Neferunico," who does the portrait most resemble?
(a) Frida herself.
(b) Diego Rivera.
(c) Jacqueline Lamba.
5. What characterizes the poems on the first several pages of the Diary?
(a) Long strings of unrelated words.
(c) Aztec influences.
(d) Colorful, erratic writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lowe write that Frida's work was first taken seriously (where she "made a decisive shift from amateur to professional painter")?
2. What does Lowe write about Frida's relationships with women?
3. What kinds of metaphors does Lowe write that Frida made frequent use of?
4. How does Lowe write that the text Kahlo includes in the images in her Diary affect the viewers understanding of the image?
5. What does Lowe write creates an "aura of illness" in one of the illustrations in the Diary?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)