|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 33 to 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Frida's "Portrait of Neferunico," who does the portrait most resemble?
(a) Jacqueline Lamba.
(c) Frida herself.
(d) Diego Rivera.
2. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
(a) An Italian ornate style.
(b) An indigenous geometric style.
(c) A German born style emphasizing contrast.
(d) A surrealist style that influenced architecture at the time.
3. What does Fuentes claim have been the worst traumas for Mexico?
(a) The Hacendado's abuses of power.
(b) Foreign interventions.
(d) Sexism in the arts.
4. Where does Lowe write that Frida's work was first taken seriously (where she "made a decisive shift from amateur to professional painter")?
(a) On a trip to Puerto Rico.
(b) In the United States.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In Mexico City, where Ines Amor organized an important exhibit.
5. What aspect of Rembrandt and Van Gogh's work does Lowe compare to Kahlo's?
(a) Their reception.
(b) The use of the eyes to convey pain.
(c) Use of costume to convey a message.
(d) Use of coded symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
2. Who is Xipe Totec?
3. Which of the following best describe Frida's feeling for her husband?
4. Which of the following qualities does Lowe claim Frida shares with Surrealism?
5. How does Carlos Fuentes claim he first met Frida Kahlo?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)