|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essay by Sarah M. Lowe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What line of work was Frida's father in?
2. How does Lowe explain that reading the Diary may affect our viewing of Kahlo's paintings?
(a) We may begin to grasp how much time Frida spent alone, and why she painted self-portraits.
(b) We may understand just how much Frida lived in her husband's shadow.
(c) We may see Frida as more human.
(d) We may understand how physical pain limited Frida.
3. What does Fuentes claim have been the worst traumas for Mexico?
(a) Foreign interventions.
(b) Sexism in the arts.
(d) The Hacendado's abuses of power.
4. Who does Lowe write "cemented" the association of Frida and Surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Jose Clemente Orozco.
(c) Jose Vasconcelos.
(d) Diego Rivera.
5. How does Lowe describe Kahlo as a reader?
(a) She did not read, but collected and flipped through inumerable art books.
(b) She was more interested in learning from experts than reading.
(c) She was a "voracious" reader.
(d) She was an "average reader," but enjoyed learning from other sources as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fuentes characterize the kinds of escapes from reality Andre Breton "was legislating as law" in France compared to Latin America?
2. What Tiffany art object does Carlos Fuentes describe?
3. What year does Fuentes write that the Mexican Revolution began?
4. How does Carlos Fuentes claim he first met Frida Kahlo?
5. Which best describes how Fuentes characterizes Frida's speech?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)