|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essay by Sarah M. Lowe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fuentes write is like Frida, "hiding her tortured body"?
(a) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
(b) Maria Izquierdo.
(c) A broken Cleopatra.
(d) Adelitas, women involved in the Mexican Revolution.
2. What Tiffany art object does Carlos Fuentes describe?
(a) A diamond studded leash.
(b) Frida's earrings.
(c) A glass curtain.
(d) A beautiful lamp shade.
3. How does Lowe describe Frida's planning of the paintings in her Diary?
(a) They were meticulously planned.
(b) They were unplanned.
(c) They were, themselves, used to plan more formal paintings.
(d) They were planned in writing.
4. What aspect of Rembrandt and Van Gogh's work does Lowe compare to Kahlo's?
(a) Their reception.
(b) Use of coded symbols.
(c) The use of the eyes to convey pain.
(d) Use of costume to convey a message.
5. What year does Fuentes write that the Mexican Revolution began?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a retablo?
2. Who is Jose Guadalupe Posada?
3. What does Fuentes cite Virgina Woolf as writing on pain?
4. How does Lowe describe Kahlo as a reader?
5. How does Lowe write that Frida's understanding of Communism changes?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)