|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essay by Sarah M. Lowe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Mexico does Fuentes compare to Frida's body?
(a) It's wars.
(b) It's music.
(c) It's wounds.
(d) It's art.
2. What did Andre Breton describe Frida Kahlo as?
(a) A lion, waiting on the bookshelf.
(b) The most important woman in Mexican history.
(c) A ribbon around a bombshell.
(d) The best painter of our century.
3. Where does Lowe write that Frida's work was first taken seriously (where she "made a decisive shift from amateur to professional painter")?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In Mexico City, where Ines Amor organized an important exhibit.
(d) On a trip to Puerto Rico.
4. How does Lowe write that students remembered Frida?
(a) Always interested in romance.
(b) Full of vitality.
(c) Full of vulgarity.
(d) Always curious about life.
5. What does Lowe claim was the guiding principal behind Surrealism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Xipe Totec?
2. What did Frida's students note about Frida's Spanish?
3. How long does Lowe write that Frida kept this Diary?
4. Who does Fuentes write is like Frida, "hiding her tortured body"?
5. What "path" does Lowe write that Frida illuminates in this Diary?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)