|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essay by Sarah M. Lowe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carlos Fuentes first meet Frida?
(a) At a Mexico City gallery called the Gallery of Mexican Art.
(b) In a restaurant called Sanborns.
(c) In the Alameda Park.
(d) In the Palace of Fine Arts.
2. Who does Fuentes quote as having called pain "Dog"?
(b) Diego Rivera.
3. What does Fuentes write happened in September of 1925 that changed Frida's life?
(a) Her foot was amputated.
(b) She miscarried.
(c) An accident.
(d) She divorced for the first time.
4. What Tiffany art object does Carlos Fuentes describe?
(a) A glass curtain.
(b) A diamond studded leash.
(c) A beautiful lamp shade.
(d) Frida's earrings.
5. What does Lowe argue is Frida's overall feeling toward life?
(a) Worry over her husband.
(b) A feeling of pain and dispair.
(c) A sense of happiness and humor.
(d) An interest in professional advancement keeps her going through difficulty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Rembrandt and Van Gogh's work does Lowe compare to Kahlo's?
2. What are the carpas that Fuentes describes?
3. How long does Lowe write that Frida kept this Diary?
4. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
5. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)