|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essay by Sarah M. Lowe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fuentes compare the bloodshed of the Mexican Revolution and the "executions ordered by Hitler and Stalin"?
(a) As "on par."
(b) As "small beer."
(c) As "globally less important."
(d) As "more frequently over looked by historians, but no less important."
2. What does Lowe write happened in Kahlo's life just before beginning the Diary?
(a) Diego had an affair with her aunt.
(b) Her house burned down.
(c) Her father died.
(d) Her foot was amputated.
3. How long does Lowe write that Frida kept this Diary?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What did Frida's students note about Frida's Spanish?
(a) She enjoyed using double entendres.
(b) She had a uniqe way of speaking.
(c) They could never hear her.
(d) She liked listening more than speaking.
5. What year does Fuentes write that the Mexican Revolution began?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Tiffany art object does Carlos Fuentes describe?
2. What are the carpas that Fuentes describes?
3. What part of Mexico does Fuentes compare to Frida's body?
4. How does Lowe write that the text Kahlo includes in the images in her Diary affect the viewers understanding of the image?
5. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)