|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essay by Sarah M. Lowe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a retablo?
(a) A colonial style table.
(b) A revolutionary song used to spread news.
(c) A painting.
(d) A kind of poem.
2. Lowe quotes Kahlo as writing that anguish and pain were both which of the following?
(b) Necessary parts of life.
(d) Never fully embraced.
3. Who does Fuentes quote as having called pain "Dog"?
(d) Diego Rivera.
4. How does Fuentes compare the bloodshed of the Mexican Revolution and the "executions ordered by Hitler and Stalin"?
(a) As "small beer."
(b) As "globally less important."
(c) As "on par."
(d) As "more frequently over looked by historians, but no less important."
5. What line of work was Frida's father in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lowe write that Frida's understanding of Communism changes?
2. What does Fuentes write that Frida experienced in a painting she created for the American Clare Booth Luce (which other Mexican artists also experienced when selling art to Americans)?
3. How does Fuentes characterize the kinds of escapes from reality Andre Breton "was legislating as law" in France compared to Latin America?
4. How does Lowe describe Frida's planning of the paintings in her Diary?
5. What does Lowe claim was the guiding principal behind Surrealism?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)