|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the monstrous creature that Frida paints in green, wrapped with red ribbons?
(a) An "Eyesaurus."
(b) An "Ooglersaurus."
(c) A "Boogie Man," called "El coco" in Spanish.
(d) The ghost of a dead child.
2. How does Lowe explain that reading the Diary may affect our viewing of Kahlo's paintings?
(a) We may see Frida as more human.
(b) We may understand just how much Frida lived in her husband's shadow.
(c) We may begin to grasp how much time Frida spent alone, and why she painted self-portraits.
(d) We may understand how physical pain limited Frida.
3. Who does Frida dedicate two pages to?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Leon Trotsky.
(c) Diego Rivera.
(d) Emiliano Zapata.
4. What kinds of metaphors does Lowe write that Frida made frequent use of?
(a) Clouds and water.
(b) Sexual metaphors.
(c) Leaves and branches.
(d) Veins and roots.
5. Who is the Olmedo that Kahlo refers to in the first few pages of her poem?
(a) Juan Olmedo, a doctor.
(b) Ines Olmedo, a model.
(c) Francisco Olmedo, a boyfriend from her youth.
(d) Dolores Olmedo, a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the central image in a page labeled "I love Diego"?
2. What does Fuentes write happened in September of 1925 that changed Frida's life?
3. Frida created an list of words beginning with the same letter. What letter did she use?
4. What does Lowe write is a "favorite device" of Frida's?
5. Which of the following best describe Lowe's tone in her writing about Kahlo?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)