|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lowe write that a dot within a circle symbolized to the Aztecs?
(a) A single unit.
(b) Eggs, fertility, and birth.
2. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
(a) A surrealist style that influenced architecture at the time.
(b) An indigenous geometric style.
(c) An Italian ornate style.
(d) A German born style emphasizing contrast.
3. What did Frida's students note about Frida's Spanish?
(a) They could never hear her.
(b) She enjoyed using double entendres.
(c) She liked listening more than speaking.
(d) She had a uniqe way of speaking.
4. What number repeats in Frida's diary?
5. Frida creates two images of death. One includes roots that above ground turn to flames. Which of the following best describes the mood of the image?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1944, Lowe writes that Kahlo painted herself with someone else, merged into a single head. Who was this?
2. Where did Carlos Fuentes first meet Frida?
3. What "path" does Lowe write that Frida illuminates in this Diary?
4. What does Frida equate with being alive?
5. How does Lowe write that students remembered Frida?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)