|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 33 to 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lowe write that the text Kahlo includes in the images in her Diary affect the viewers understanding of the image?
(a) They do not illuminate the meaning, but add to their complexity.
(b) They frequently describe what is happening in the image, as in a retablo.
(c) They generally are unrelated.
(d) For the most part, they are quotes from books.
2. Which of the following subjects does Frida mention in a letter to her husband in the Diary?
(d) The Day of the Dead.
3. Who does Fuentes quote as having called pain "Dog"?
(d) Diego Rivera.
4. What "path" does Lowe write that Frida illuminates in this Diary?
(a) "The path toward love."
(b) "The path toward death."
(c) "The artist's path."
(d) "The path of a consummate artist."
5. One of the first images creates in her diary is "connect-the-dots ink drawing." Which of the following figures can be found in the drawing?
(a) The solar system.
(b) A dog.
(c) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) A rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lowe write that students remembered Frida?
2. Who did Frida write many letters to in the Diary?
3. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
4. What does Lowe claim was the guiding principal behind Surrealism?
5. Which of the following qualities does Lowe claim Frida shares with Surrealism?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)