|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 33 to 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Rembrandt and Van Gogh's work does Lowe compare to Kahlo's?
(a) Their reception.
(b) Use of coded symbols.
(c) The use of the eyes to convey pain.
(d) Use of costume to convey a message.
2. Which of the following best describe Lowe's tone in her writing about Kahlo?
(b) Concern for her physical problems.
(c) Respect and admiration.
(d) Disrespect for her political simplicity.
3. Who does Lowe write "cemented" the association of Frida and Surrealism?
(a) Jose Clemente Orozco.
(b) Jose Vasconcelos.
(c) Diego Rivera.
(d) Andre Breton.
4. What does Lowe write happened in Kahlo's life just before beginning the Diary?
(a) Her father died.
(b) Her foot was amputated.
(c) Diego had an affair with her aunt.
(d) Her house burned down.
5. What does Lowe write that Surrealists believed "automatic drawing" was useful for?
(a) Party games.
(b) Creating new ways of looking at things.
(c) Accessing the subconscious.
(d) Finding surprising combinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lowe write that Frida feels about Nefertiti?
2. One of the first images creates in her diary is "connect-the-dots ink drawing." Which of the following figures can be found in the drawing?
3. What exercise does Frida do with colored pencils in the Diary?
4. How does Fuentes compare the bloodshed of the Mexican Revolution and the "executions ordered by Hitler and Stalin"?
5. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)