|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 84 to 107.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describe the mood of Frida's depiction of her animals.
2. What obsession does Frida reveal in a long list?
(a) Her obsession with Surrealism.
(b) Her obsession with cooking.
(c) Her obsession with Diego Rivera.
(d) Her obsession with red paint.
3. What does Lowe write creates an "aura of illness" in one of the illustrations in the Diary?
(a) Images of decomposing food.
(b) The color of dried blood.
(c) Images of hospital halls.
(d) The reflection of a doctor's office in Frida's eyes.
4. What does Lowe notice about Kahlo's images of nude women?
(a) They are stronger figures than her vulnerable male nudes.
(b) They are "virtually never shown as objects of desire."
(c) They are all painted in a very different manner from her own nude self-portraits.
(d) They are "strewn about in a vulgar manner," and they are "perhaps overly used."
5. What part of Mexico does Fuentes compare to Frida's body?
(a) It's wars.
(b) It's music.
(c) It's art.
(d) It's wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Frida's "portrait of Nefertidos," which cultures does Frida combine?
2. What pets does Lowe mentioned Frida keeps?
3. How does Lowe describe Frida's planning of the paintings in her Diary?
4. What aspect of Rembrandt and Van Gogh's work does Lowe compare to Kahlo's?
5. Who did Frida write many letters to in the Diary?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)