|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 84 to 107.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lowe write does Frida draw in the Diary and use in a painting titled Moses?
(c) Andre Breton.
2. What kinds of metaphors does Lowe write that Frida made frequent use of?
(a) Veins and roots.
(b) Leaves and branches.
(c) Clouds and water.
(d) Sexual metaphors.
3. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
(a) She becomes more and more reclusive.
(b) She becomes increasingly interested in expanding her artistic influences.
(c) She becomes more interested in her professional career as an artist.
(d) She declines physically.
4. What does Lowe write that "naturaleza muerta" translates to in English?
(a) "Nature in death."
(b) "Natural death."
(c) "Day of the Dead altar."
(d) "Still life."
5. Who did Frida write many letters to in the Diary?
(a) Diego Rivera.
(b) Dolores Olmedo.
(c) Ana Kahlo, her sister.
(d) Juan Olmedo, her doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following subjects does Frida mention in a letter to her husband in the Diary?
2. What story does Lowe liken Frida's childhood memory to?
3. What figures can be found in the image that Frida labeled "Naturaleza bien muerta"?
4. Which best describes how Fuentes characterizes Frida's speech?
5. What does Frida write is the most precious thing?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)