|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 108 to 131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Frida mentions as having passed between 1950 and 1951?
(a) Diego Rivera opens his museum.
(b) Her father dies.
(c) The presidential elections.
(d) She has 7 surgeries.
2. Which of the following does Frida use in her Diary?
(a) Oil paints.
3. What does Lowe argue is Frida's overall feeling toward life?
(a) An interest in professional advancement keeps her going through difficulty.
(b) A sense of happiness and humor.
(c) Worry over her husband.
(d) A feeling of pain and dispair.
4. Which of the following best describes the connection between entries in Frida's diary.
(a) They show her maturing, over the course of about 15 years.
(b) They deal with the current trauma in her life.
(c) There is little continuity.
(d) They are themed.
5. What does Frida label her cold climate image?
(a) Remote Snows.
(b) Arctic Foot.
(c) Polar landscape.
(d) Snowy Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frida use to create the central images of the icy landscape in her diary?
2. How does Lowe write that Frida changes as she writes this Diary?
3. As Frida's health declined, what does Lowe claim she painted more and more of?
4. What "path" does Lowe write that Frida illuminates in this Diary?
5. What civilizations does Lowe wright were part of Kahlo's understanding of her "personal past"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)