|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the young priest feel youthful for the first time in his life?
(a) Riding on M. Olivier's motorbike
(b) Lying in a field of flowers
(c) Playing soccer with the school boys
(d) Walking on a spring morning
2. What is the only beverage the priest drinks now?
3. Where does the doctor examine the priest?
(a) In his office
(b) In the hospital
(c) In his home
(d) In a clinic
4. Who comes to catechism class with a limp?
(b) Mlle Louise
(d) Mlle Chantal
5. What does Seraphita leave behind in the classroom?
(a) A backpack
(b) A handkerchief
(c) A hat
Short Answer Questions
1. With what had Mme la Comtesse been suffering for quite awhile?
2. Why does the priest tell Seraphita that he is sad?
3. Why is Seraphita sad when she talks to the priest?
4. What makes the priest feel uncomfortable?
5. What does Mlle Chantal tell the priest about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret and personal pain does Mme la Comtesse reveal to the priest?
2. Why was the priest uncomfortable in the presence of the doctor?
3. How does the priest attempt to break down the emotional barriers Mme la Comtesse has set up around herself?
4. What is the diagnosis of the young priest's disease?
5. How does the young priest suffer a crisis of confidence in himself and in his work?
6. What does the priest note about his illness in Chapter 6?
7. What is odd about the way the priest is treated at the Chateau after the death of Mme la Comtesse?
8. What does the priest learn from the sacristan regarding the general perception people have of him?
9. What advice does the doctor give the priest?
10. In what circumstances does the priest feel youthful for the first time in his life?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)