|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest see in the confessional where nothing is ever clearly seen?
(a) A rosary
(b) A crucifix
(c) Mlle Chantal's face
(d) Jesus' face
2. The young priest thinks that the elder priests _________________________________.
(a) are too strict
(b) are out of touch with the times
(c) are too tired to minister properly
(d) don't believe in the things they preach
3. The Cure de Torcy says a priest should not so much seek __________________________ as to be honored and respected.
(b) worldly goods
(c) to be loved
(d) to be emulated
4. What causes more and more distress for the young priest?
(a) Letters from home
(b) Stomach pains
(c) Family illness
(d) His old clothes
5. What does M. le Comte tell the priest about Sulpice Mitonnet?
(a) He is engaging in loose behavior
(b) He wants to become a priest
(c) He is going to college in America
(d) He has been killed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest think the parishioners think about him now?
2. What does the priest write about himself?
3. What does the Cure de Torcy tell the young priest?
4. What becomes of the young priest's sports group?
5. What does the Dean of Blangermont chide the young priest about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the embarrassing situation the priest has with a local grocer.
2. How does the theme of pride emerge and how does the young priest perceive it?
3. Explain the circumstances of the suspicion encircling the boy, Sulpice Mitonnet.
4. In addition to his illness, what indignity must the young priest now manage?
5. What are the supernatural events that occur during Mlle Chantal's confession?
6. What is the Cure de Torcy's view on how the world would be a better place?
7. Dr. Delbende, the young priest's physician, dies from a gunshot wound which supposedly occurred while cleaning the gun. What is the unofficial story of the doctor's death?
8. What are the priest's thoughts about keeping a diary?
9. Explain Dr. Delbende's position on religion as he explains it to the young priest.
10. What information does Mlle Louise share with the priest and how does he feel about knowing it?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)