|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the housekeeper's personality?
2. Who is Maxim Gorki?
(a) A Hungarian author
(b) A Russian writer
(c) A Russian dancer
(d) A Russian government agent
3. Where does Mlle Chantal meet with the priest?
(a) The bakery
(b) The school
(c) At church
(d) The coffee shop
4. What does the priest think the parishioners think about him now?
(a) Unhappy with him
(b) Unsure of him
(c) No opinion
(d) Thrilled with him
5. What does Mlle Louise tell the priest about Mlle Chantal?
(a) She is boy crazy
(b) She is smoking in her room
(c) She is becoming more difficult
(d) She is not studying at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulpice do for the young priest?
2. What is taking its toll on the young priest?
3. What does the priest note about the handwriting inside Mlle Louise's prayer book found lying in the aisle at church?
4. What does the young priest feel men must do to have honor and respect?
5. What did the grocer send to the young priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the young priest behave after he learns from the Cure de Torcy how the parishioners feel about him?
2. What are the supernatural events that occur during Mlle Chantal's confession?
3. Where is the young priest's parish and how long has he been there?
4. What is the Cure de Torcy's view on how the world would be a better place?
5. How are the young priest's attempts to help Seraphita poorly received by the girl's mother?
6. What is the Cure de Torcy's perspective on how Jesus views monks and priests?
7. Who is Mlle Louise?
8. In addition to his illness, what indignity must the young priest now manage?
9. Explain how the Dean of Blangermont lectures to the young priest about balancing religion and business.
10. What advice does the young priest receive from M. le Comte from the Chateau?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)