|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest note about the handwriting inside Mlle Louise's prayer book found lying in the aisle at church?
(a) It it completely illegible
(b) It is the same handwriting of the letter asking for the priest's resignation
(c) It is small and well-formed
(d) It is large and scrawling
2. Why is Mlle Chantal being sent away to a boarding school?
(a) To learn etiquette
(b) To preserve a secret
(c) To travel
(d) To get a rich husband
3. What does Mlle Chantal speak about with the priest?
(a) Organizing a fundraiser
(b) Becoming a num
(c) Getting a scholarship
(d) Killing someone or herself
4. What does M. le Comte tell the priest about Sulpice Mitonnet?
(a) He is engaging in loose behavior
(b) He is going to college in America
(c) He has been killed
(d) He wants to become a priest
5. What is another subject the young priest thinks he should study?
(c) Stamp collecting
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Cure de Torcy attend seminary school?
2. What decision does the young priest's housekeeper make?
3. Who has told the Dean about the gossip?
4. What else does the Dean lecture the young priest about?
5. What did the grocer send to the young priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the young priest's attempts to help Seraphita poorly received by the girl's mother?
2. How has the young priest come to think about his parish so far?
3. How does the priest feel about the decision to hire a housekeeper?
4. What advice does the young priest receive from M. le Comte from the Chateau?
5. What is the Cure de Torcy's view on how the world would be a better place?
6. How does the priest first address being ill in his diary?
7. How does the young priest behave after he learns from the Cure de Torcy how the parishioners feel about him?
8. Where is the young priest's parish and how long has he been there?
9. What information does Mlle Louise share with the priest and how does he feel about knowing it?
10. What is the premise of the novel, The Diary of a Country Priest?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)