|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverages seem to increase the young priest's stomach pains?
(a) Coffee and gin
(b) Bourbon and wine
(c) Coffee and whiskey
(d) Sangria and gin
2. When does the young priest feel youthful for the first time in his life?
(a) Playing soccer with the school boys
(b) Riding on M. Olivier's motorbike
(c) Walking on a spring morning
(d) Lying in a field of flowers
3. What does the priest do regarding his health this morning?
(a) He begins an exercise regimen
(b) He takes extra strength antacids
(c) He makes an appointment with a doctor
(d) He takes vitamins
4. Why does Mme la Comte say her daughter is being sent away?
(a) She wants to travel
(b) She wants her to find a rich husband
(c) She needs an advanced education
(d) She is jealous of her governess
5. To what has Mme la Comtesse adapted in her life?
(a) Vicious rumors
(b) Grief for her son
(c) The lack of love
(d) Hard work
6. What does the Cure de Torcy tell the young priest about his stomach pains?
(a) It is all in his head
(b) He should see a specialist
(c) He should eat better
(d) He should take an antacid
7. What does the priest ask the sacristan of the church later that day?
(a) What the parishioniers think about him
(b) If the funeral flowers have been ordered
(c) If the choir has practice tonight
(d) If there are enough candles for mass
8. Without the priest's assistance, Mme la Comtesse would have died _________________________.
(a) with hatred toward God
(b) without the Last Rites
(c) a long, painful death
9. What does Mlle Chantal tell M. le Comte in front of the priest?
(a) To dismiss the governess, Mlle Louise, immediately
(b) That the music for the funeral has been decided
(c) That she hates her father
(d) That the priest tried to seduce her
10. What does the priest tell Mlle Louise to do?
(a) Move to another part of the country
(b) Pray to Mary
(c) Demand that her wages be paid
(d) Hire an attorney
11. What does the doctor advise the priest to eat?
(c) Milk and water with sugar
12. Where does the priest spend the night?
(a) A hotel
(b) Louis' house
(c) An inn
(d) A hospice
13. What does the Cure de Torcy tell the young priest about prayer?
(a) He should pray the rosary twice a day
(b) He should focus on praying to the Holy Spirit
(c) He should lead prayer groups in the evenings
(d) At least go through the motions until the sincerity returns
14. What is the only beverage the priest drinks now?
15. What does the priest now think is the source of his pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the canon warn the priest about regarding Mlle Chantal?
2. With whom had Mme la Comtesse made peace before her death?
3. The priest gets a revelation that he received his calling at _______________________.
4. What is in the medallion around Mme la Comtesse's neck?
5. Of what does the priest convince Mme la Comtesse?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)