|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mme la Comte say her daughter is being sent away?
(a) She wants her to find a rich husband
(b) She needs an advanced education
(c) She wants to travel
(d) She is jealous of her governess
2. What does the priest ask the sacristan of the church later that day?
(a) What the parishioniers think about him
(b) If the funeral flowers have been ordered
(c) If there are enough candles for mass
(d) If the choir has practice tonight
3. Who comes to catechism class with a limp?
(c) Mlle Chantal
(d) Mlle Louise
4. The priest gets a revelation that he received his calling at _______________________.
(a) during catechism
(c) the Vatican
(d) the Garden of Gethsemane
5. What does the priest now think is the source of his pain?
6. What does Mlle Chantal do at the priest's house before he leaves for Lille?
7. What happens to the priest one day as he is making his visits to parishioners?
(a) He gets lost
(b) He decides to quit early
(c) He has a picnic lunch
(d) He faints and coughs up blood
8. What does the priest recall about his life?
(a) No one has treated him with injustice
(b) He is angry about his childhood
(c) He has always felt loved
(d) He regrets his choice of profession
9. Where did the priest go immediately after his doctor's appointment?
(a) A movie
(b) A pub
(c) A church
(d) A restaurant
10. When does the young priest feel youthful for the first time in his life?
(a) Walking on a spring morning
(b) Lying in a field of flowers
(c) Playing soccer with the school boys
(d) Riding on M. Olivier's motorbike
11. What does the priest note about himself at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) His short-term memory is getting bad
(b) He needs new shoes
(c) He has a wart on his right hand
(d) His hair is thinning
12. What beverages seem to increase the young priest's stomach pains?
(a) Coffee and gin
(b) Coffee and whiskey
(c) Bourbon and wine
(d) Sangria and gin
13. What does the Cure de Torcy tell the priest about Mlle Chantal?
(a) She has fired the governess
(b) She eavesdropped on the conversation between the priest and her mother
(c) She has run away from home
(d) She has killed her father
14. What happens to Mme la Comtesse later that night after her visit with the priest?
(a) She converts
(b) She dies
(c) She reconciles with her daughter
(d) She goes to confession
15. How does the priest injure his fingers and arm?
(a) Trying to retrieve the medallion from the fire
(b) Chopping wood
(c) Washing dishes in scalding water
(d) Using a very sharp kitchen knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only beverage the priest drinks now?
2. What does Louis do after the priest vomits blood?
3. How does Mlle Chantal behave toward the priest?
4. What does Mme la Comtesse tell the priest about her husband?
5. Why does the Cure de Torcy scold the priest regarding Mme la Comtesse?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)