|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest tell Mme la Comtesse about her daughter?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is in love with a boy at school
(c) She has run away
(d) She may try to harm herself
2. What does Mlle Chantal tell M. le Comte in front of the priest?
(a) That the music for the funeral has been decided
(b) That the priest tried to seduce her
(c) To dismiss the governess, Mlle Louise, immediately
(d) That she hates her father
3. What has Seraphita done to her leg?
(a) Cut it while working
(b) Broken it when falling into a ditch
(c) Scraped it by falling off her bike
(d) Tied a string around it to cut off the circulation
4. What does M. le Comte find in the priest's papers that upsets him?
(a) A written confession
(b) The church budget
(c) His resignation
(d) Mme la Comtesse's letter
5. What does the Cure de Torcy tell the young priest about his stomach pains?
(a) It is all in his head
(b) He should see a specialist
(c) He should take an antacid
(d) He should eat better
6. What does the canon see on the priest's kitchen table?
(a) Dirty dishes
(b) A diary
(c) A bowl of fruit
(d) A bottle of wine
7. Where did the priest go immediately after his doctor's appointment?
(a) A church
(b) A movie
(c) A pub
(d) A restaurant
8. What does Louis do after the priest vomits blood?
(a) Gets the priest's prescription filled
(b) Takes him to a doctor
(c) Cleans him up
(d) Gives him clean clothes
9. What does the priest force Mme la Comtesse to acknowledge?
(a) Her husband's sins
(c) Her sins
(d) The devil
10. What does Mme la Comtesse tell the priest about her husband?
(a) He is a homosexual
(b) He is a devoted husband
(c) He has a terminal illness
(d) He has had many affairs
11. What secret does Mme la Comtesse tell the priest?
(a) Her husband is not the father of her daughter
(b) She had a son who died at 18 months
(c) The family has run out of money
(d) She was pregnant when she married
12. What does the priest note about himself at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) His short-term memory is getting bad
(b) His hair is thinning
(c) He needs new shoes
(d) He has a wart on his right hand
13. What does the priest ask the sacristan of the church later that day?
(a) What the parishioniers think about him
(b) If the choir has practice tonight
(c) If the funeral flowers have been ordered
(d) If there are enough candles for mass
14. How does Mlle Chantal behave toward the priest?
(a) She is in shock
(b) She will not leave his side
(c) She ignores him
(d) She weeps on his shoulder
15. How does the priest keep track of recent events?
(a) Writes them in his diary
(b) Writes on napkins and scraps of paper
(c) Dictates to a secretary
(d) Records them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cure de Torcy lecture the young priest on?
2. How does the priest injure his fingers and arm?
3. Where is the doctor that the young priest wants to see?
4. What does the priest hear on a walk to Mezargues?
5. With whom does the priest meet to arrange Mme la Comtesse's funeral?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)