|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest do with the letter taken from Mlle Chantal?
(a) Translates it into English
(b) Gives it back to her
(c) Puts it in his pocket
(d) Throws it into the fire
2. How does the priest spend the night after meeting with M. le Comte?
(a) Writing sermons
(c) Drinking wine
(d) Not able to sleep
3. To what has Mme la Comtesse adapted in her life?
(a) Vicious rumors
(b) Hard work
(c) Grief for her son
(d) The lack of love
4. What is the sacristan's reply to the priest?
(a) That the choir practice time has been changed
(b) That more candles have been ordered
(c) That the funeral flowers will be delivered this afternoon
(d) That the priest should wait for people to come to him instead of vice versa
5. Why does the priest think most people are unhappy?
(a) They do not like themselves
(b) They don't make enough money
(c) They had bad childhoods
(d) They marry the wrong person
6. How does Mlle Chantal behave toward the priest?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She will not leave his side
(c) She weeps on his shoulder
(d) She is in shock
7. With whom does the priest meet to arrange Mme la Comtesse's funeral?
(a) The canon
(b) The Bishop
(c) The funeral director
(d) The altar boys
8. What does the priest do regarding his health this morning?
(a) He makes an appointment with a doctor
(b) He takes extra strength antacids
(c) He takes vitamins
(d) He begins an exercise regimen
9. What does the Cure de Torcy tell the young priest about prayer?
(a) At least go through the motions until the sincerity returns
(b) He should focus on praying to the Holy Spirit
(c) He should pray the rosary twice a day
(d) He should lead prayer groups in the evenings
10. What torments the priest at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) His inability to pray
(b) The vindictive parishioners
(c) The gossiping girls
(d) The suicide of Dr. Delbende
11. Where does the doctor examine the priest?
(a) In his office
(b) In a clinic
(c) In the hospital
(d) In his home
12. What does the priest hear on a walk to Mezargues?
(b) A motorbike
13. How does M. le Comte behave toward the priest?
(b) Very cold
14. Where is the priest at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) At home
(b) Saying mass
(c) The doctor's office
(d) A pub
15. What does the priest force Mme la Comtesse to acknowledge?
(a) Her sins
(c) The devil
(d) Her husband's sins
Short Answer Questions
1. What diagnosis does the doctor give the priest?
2. What has Seraphita done to her leg?
3. What does M. le Comte find in the priest's papers that upsets him?
4. What does the Cure de Torcy think about the young priest when he visits his home?
5. Who is the priest's doctor in Lille?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)