|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Cure de Torcy, what does the world need to overthrow the devil?
(a) Holy Water
(b) A crucifix
(c) A rosary
2. What does the priest write in his diary about his health at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is feeling better
(b) He has only a few months to live
(c) He is cured
(d) He is in horrible pain every day
3. How does the priest describe the look on Mitonnet's face when the priest enters the presbytery?
(b) The will to lie
4. What does the young priest teach the children of the parish?
5. What does Mlle Chantal speak about with the priest?
(a) Getting a scholarship
(b) Becoming a num
(c) Organizing a fundraiser
(d) Killing someone or herself
6. According to the Cure de Torcy, Jesus is not as happy with _____________ as He is with priests.
(c) lay people
7. What else does the Dean lecture the young priest about?
(a) The state of disrepair of the church
(b) Outbursts against business and business owners
(c) His housekeeper's wages
(d) His catechism lesson plans
8. What causes more and more distress for the young priest?
(a) Family illness
(b) Letters from home
(c) His old clothes
(d) Stomach pains
9. What has concerned the priest about the girl, Seraphita?
(a) She is the butt of jokes at school
(b) She is not learning like she should
(c) She has a hearing problem
(d) She is very flirtatious
10. What does the priest write about himself?
(a) He is questioning his vocation
(b) He wants to transfer to another parish
(c) He is really bored in this small town
(d) He is aware that he is very ill
11. What have the children of the parish lost?
(a) Soccer field
(b) Science books
(c) School library
12. How is the Cure de Torcy's bedroom furnished?
(d) No furnishings
13. What was Mlle Louise's original career goal?
14. Who is Cure de Torcy?
(a) An older fellow priest
(b) The Archbishop
(c) The local baker
(d) A seminary instructor
15. What does the young priest describe as the novel begins?
(a) His childhood
(b) His love of God
(c) His education
(d) His parish
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest pause to reconsider?
2. What does the Dean of Blangermont chide the young priest about?
3. What decision does the young priest's housekeeper make?
4. The priest feels that the parishioners are full of ___________________.
5. What does the Cure de Torcy believe about Dr. Delbende's death?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)