|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sulpice Mitonnet?
(a) A local baker
(b) A boy from the parish
(c) A farmer
(d) A groomsman
2. What does the priest note about the handwriting inside Mlle Louise's prayer book found lying in the aisle at church?
(a) It is the same handwriting of the letter asking for the priest's resignation
(b) It it completely illegible
(c) It is large and scrawling
(d) It is small and well-formed
3. What does Mlle Louise think she should do with Mlle Chantal?
(a) Ground her
(b) Send her to boarding school
(c) Homeschool her
(d) Put her up for adoption
4. About what sacrament does the young priest wonder regarding his parishioners intentions?
(c) Holy Communion
(d) Last Rites
5. What does Mlle Chantal speak about with the priest?
(a) Becoming a num
(b) Getting a scholarship
(c) Organizing a fundraiser
(d) Killing someone or herself
6. What does M. le Comte tell the priest about Sulpice Mitonnet?
(a) He has been killed
(b) He wants to become a priest
(c) He is going to college in America
(d) He is engaging in loose behavior
7. What is the content of a letter received by the young priest?
(a) An anonymous confession
(b) A suggestion for a sermon
(c) A request for his resignation
(d) A large donation for the church
8. The priest feels that the parishioners are full of ___________________.
9. Where does Mlle Chantal meet with the priest?
(a) At church
(b) The school
(c) The coffee shop
(d) The bakery
10. When would the young priest be allowed to address the offending topic?
(a) With other priests
(b) When the housekeeper has gone
(c) With the Bishop
(d) In confession
11. What does the young priest feel about God in this difficult time?
(a) He rejects Him
(b) He is giving him the strength he needs
(c) He will provide inspiration when the time is right
(d) He has abandoned him
12. Who is M. Pamyre?
(a) The postmaster
(b) The school principal
(c) The head of the Knights of Columbus
(d) The local grocer
13. What could be any possible reasons for Dr. Delbende's suicide?
(a) Public humiliation
(b) Death of his wife
(c) News of a terminal illness
(d) Depression and loss of money
14. Who has been gossiping about the young priest?
(a) The other priests
(b) The nuns
(c) The school children
(d) The townspeople
15. What was Mlle Louise's original career goal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does the young priest reverse?
2. What does the priest now put in his wine?
3. What does the young priest feel about his parish?
4. How does the priest describe the look on Mitonnet's face when the priest enters the presbytery?
5. In what area does the Cure de Torcy encourage the young priest?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)