|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young priest says his parishioners are _____________________.
(c) bored stiff
2. What does the meeting with Mme Dumouchel make the young priest reconsider?
(a) His role in the catechism class
(b) The ranking of the school
(c) His vocation as a priest
(d) The urgency of the church fundraiser
3. Why is Seraphita sad when she talks to the priest?
(a) She told Mlle Chantal about caring for the priest on the road
(b) She broke up with her boyfriend
(c) She will not be having a graduation party
(d) She has flunked math
4. Why does the priest think most people are unhappy?
(a) They do not like themselves
(b) They had bad childhoods
(c) They marry the wrong person
(d) They don't make enough money
5. What does the priest contemplate at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Surrendering his parish
(b) Revising the catechism curriculum
(c) Holding a fundraiser
(d) Leaving the priesthood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest now think is the source of his pain?
2. What does the act of throwing the medallion into the fire symbolize for Mme la Comtesse?
3. How does the priest injure his fingers and arm?
4. Who does the priest visit on the evening he gets his diagnosis?
5. What does the priest think the parishioners think about him now?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)