|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the priests' conversation turns to ________________, the young priest feels lost.
(a) money and savings
(d) adult relationships
2. What did the grocer send to the young priest?
(a) Ripe fruit
(b) Aged cheese
(c) Elderberry wine
(d) Fresh baguettes
3. Who has told the Dean about the gossip?
(a) Dr. Lavigne
(b) Mlle Louise
(c) Dr. Delbende
(d) Mme Pamyre
4. What were the priest's last words?
(a) "Grace is everywhere."
(b) "I am heartily sorry."
(c) "Mother Mary, pray for me."
(d) "It is finished."
5. What does Mlle Chantal speak about with the priest?
(a) Organizing a fundraiser
(b) Becoming a num
(c) Getting a scholarship
(d) Killing someone or herself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest see in the confessional where nothing is ever clearly seen?
2. According to the Cure de Torcy, what does the world need to overthrow the devil?
3. What does the act of throwing the medallion into the fire symbolize for Mme la Comtesse?
4. What does the priest note about the handwriting inside Mlle Louise's prayer book found lying in the aisle at church?
5. Who is Sulpice Mitonnet?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)