|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the grocer send to the young priest?
(a) Ripe fruit
(b) Fresh baguettes
(c) Aged cheese
(d) Elderberry wine
2. What is the foundation of the young priest's plan?
(a) Increase the number of converts
(b) Visit every parish family at least once every three months
(c) Increase the number of young men entering the priesthood
(d) Develop a fundraising initiative
3. What topic seems to make the faces of the parishioners cloud over?
(a) School rankings
(c) Repairs needed at the church
(d) Catechism classes
4. What does the young priest learn about his friend, Duprety?
(a) He has been transferred to another parish
(b) He has died
(c) He has a terminal illness
(d) He is no longer working as a priest
5. The young priest realizes that the problems of ordinary people are more difficult than those of ________________________.
(a) barnyard animals
(b) priests and bishops
(c) wealthy people
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been gossiping about the young priest?
2. Who is M. Pamyre?
3. What is the topic of the diary entry the young priest gives to the Cure de Torcy to read?
4. What does the young priest teach the children of the parish?
5. How do the parishioners overcome their boredom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)