1. The young priest serves as the __________ of the story.
2. What does the young priest describe as the novel begins?
(a) His parish
(b) His education
(c) His love of God
(d) His childhood
3. The young priest says his parishioners are _____________________.
(a) bored stiff
4. The priest feels that the parishioners are full of ___________________.
5. The parishioners are waiting for ______________________.
(a) the weekend
(b) someone to lead them to safety and shelter
(c) the return of Christ
(d) the next pay day
6. How do the parishioners overcome their boredom?
(a) Playing cards
(d) Staying busy
7. The young priest thinks that the elder priests _________________________________.
(a) are out of touch with the times
(b) are too tired to minister properly
(c) are too strict
(d) don't believe in the things they preach
8. What does the priest pause to reconsider?
(a) Why he is writing a diary
(b) Why there is so much hate in the world
(c) Why people don't come to church
(d) Why he became a priest
This section contains 4,554 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)