|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Miranda surprised regarding her role in the Princess Nell ractive?
(a) She is surprised by the great amount of time the child is spending with her ractive.
(b) She is surprised that the client can afford to pay for so many hours of her services.
(c) She is surprised that the child is spending so little time with her ractive.
(d) She is surprised that the Primer has been duplicated.
2. In the video that Judge Fang views of a recent robbery, what was the robbers' mode of transportation?
(a) They rode high-tech bicycles.
(b) They drove an old car.
(c) They skated on nanoskates.
(d) They ran.
3. What item does Hackworth generate in Vancouver using the card given to him by Dr. X's courier?
(a) A mechanical horse that will fold into a suitcase.
(b) A mechanical horse that will fold into a chair.
(c) A mechanical donkey that will fold into a suitcase.
(d) A mechanical horse that will fold into a computer.
4. In the Primer, when Princess Nell returns with twelve keys to rescue Harv, what happens to Harv?
(a) Harv is killed.
(b) Harv wounds Princess Nell with an arrow.
(c) Harv imprisons Princess Nell.
(d) Harv is rescued.
5. After Nell and Harv escape to the Leased Territories, why can't they meet up with Harv's friends?
(a) Harv's friends have joined a rival gang, and they would kill Harv.
(b) If Dr. X learns that Nell has the Primer, he will kill Harv.
(c) Harv's friends would steal the Primer from Nell.
(d) Harv's friends will not travel to the Leased Territories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hackworth's code name for the Illustrated Primer project?
2. When Nell reads the Primer for the second time, who frees Princess Nell and her friends from the castle?
3. What name does Hackworth give to the item he generates in Vancouver using a card and a matter compiler?
4. In the Leased Territories, where do Nell and Harv sleep during their first night on the run?
5. What is the common name for the grid of microscopic sensors implanted in the bodies of ractors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "toner", as described in "Nell Sees Something Peculiar?"
2. In "Particulars of Nell's Domestic Situation," what happens when Harv brings home a scrap of woven fabric he found by the sea?
3. In "More Tales from the Primer," what is the significance of the story of Belle, Dojo, and Dinosaur?
4. When Bud visits a mod parlor, what upgrade does he choose and what sort of technology is involved?
5. As described in "Miranda," what is a full "Jodie" and why does Miranda go through sixteen hours of torture to obtain one?
6. In "The Torture Chamber of Judge Fang," what is unusual about the torture and the prisoner's response to that torture?
7. In "Judge Fang Goes for a Dinner Cruise," how does Dr. X first confirm the loyalty of Judge Fang, then place him in a dilemma?
8. Describe the birthday party of Princess Charlotte in "A Visit from Royalty," and explain how it further describes one aspect of nanotechnology.
9. What is the significance of Hackworth's actions in "Hackworth Compiles the Young Lady's Illustrated Primer?"
10. Compare Judge Fang's treatment of the young boy on trial in "A Young Hooligan before the Court of Judge Fang" with his treatment of Bud earlier in the novel.
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)