|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does Miss Stricken require girls to copy pages of historical documents?
2. In the Primer, why does Princess Nell return to the Dark Castle after outwitting King Coyote?
(a) To rescue Harv.
(b) To defeat the twelfth King.
(c) To find her magical friends.
(d) To dig a grave for her dead brother.
3. Dr. X tells Hackworth that his years with the Drummers served what purpose?
(a) To keep Hackworth from disabling the Primer.
(b) To prevent Judge Fang from executing Hackworth for his crimes.
(c) To distract Lord Finkle-McGraw from Dr. X's other activities.
(d) To integrate Hackworth's technical knowledge with the rest of the Drummers.
4. In the Primer, how does Princess Nell become the Duchess of Turing?
(a) With help from the Mouse Army, she defeats the Turing Army.
(b) She befriends the Black Knight, who kills the Duke of Turing.
(c) Using programming skills, she controls an army of robotic soldiers.
(d) She marries the Duke of Turing.
5. In "General Description of Life with the Constable," what lesson does Constable Moore teach Nell?
(a) War is preferable to peace.
(b) Painful experiences are just as valuable as good ones.
(c) Books are a good substitute for experience.
(d) Mediatrons are the best teachers.
6. For what purpose does Constable Moore use mediatrons?
(a) To stay abreast of current events.
(b) To relive his past as a warrior.
(c) To play interactive games.
(d) To recreate his past with new outcomes.
7. For how long was Carl Hollywood away in London, prior to the party in honor of his return?
(a) Two months.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
8. At the Cathay Hotel, what does Beck invite Miranda to do?
(a) Join the Fist of Righteous Harmony.
(b) Join the Victorians.
(d) Join him for a drink.
9. As Nell nears the end of the Primer, what does she wonder?
(a) Nell wonders if the Primer is a conduit between herself and another human who really loves her.
(b) Nell wonders if the Primer is forcing her into a role she does not want.
(c) Nell wonders if the Primer is a conduit between herself and the Feed.
(d) Nell wonders if the Primer is a conduit between herself and the Fist of Righteous Harmony.
10. When a grown-up Nell visits Harv in the Leased Territories, what does he ask her to do?
(a) Remember that he protected her from Tequila's many lovers.
(b) Remember that he gave her the book that helped her become a powerful woman.
(c) Find a cure for his health problems.
(d) Bring him a copy of the Primer.
11. Who does Carl Hollywood manage to remotely trick while sitting in a teahouse in Shanghai?
(d) Dr. X.
12. When a grown-up Nell visits Harv in the Leased Territories, in what condition does she find him?
(a) Harv breathes through a tube linked to a matter compiler due to ingesting too much food made of mites.
(b) Harv breathes through a tube linked to a matter compiler due to respiratory problems.
(c) Harv's forehead is linked to a matter compiler due to a bad experience at a mod parlor.
(d) Harv is linked to a matter compiler that regulates his heartbeat due to heart problems.
13. When Carl Hollywood returns to Shanghai for the first time in years, how is he dressed?
(a) As a chef.
(b) In fine Victorian attire.
(c) As a cowboy.
(d) As a security guard.
14. How does Nell protect herself from what the Drummers have implanted in everyone's blood?
(a) She cuts her wrist to drain some of the blood from her body.
(b) She quickly designs a counter-organism.
(c) She uses the power of free thought to fight the blood's influence.
(d) She brews and drinks a potion using a recipe from the Primer.
15. In China, Hackworth meets with Dr. X in what sort of building?
(a) The courtroom of Judge Fang.
(b) The Flea Circus of Dr. X.
(c) A former McDonald's.
(d) A former WalMart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn reveal to Hackworth regarding their divorce contract?
2. After being released from his dream-like prison, Hackworth learns that he has lost what?
3. What strategy does Constable Moore use to best Nell in a fight?
4. How old are the three girls with original Primers when they play together outside the manor of Elizabeth's grandfather?
5. At the end of the novel, how does Nell rescue Miranda from the Drummers?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)