|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theatrical company is performing on the barge that Hackworth and Fiona board?
(d) Dramatis Personae.
2. When a grown-up Nell visits Harv in the Leased Territories, what does he ask her to do?
(a) Remember that he protected her from Tequila's many lovers.
(b) Bring him a copy of the Primer.
(c) Find a cure for his health problems.
(d) Remember that he gave her the book that helped her become a powerful woman.
3. At what school does Lord Finkle-McGraw arrange for Nell to study?
(a) Miss Matheson's Academy of the Three Graces.
(b) Miss McGraw's Academy of the Four Spirits.
(c) Miss McGraw's Academy of the Four Graces.
(d) Miss Matheson's Academy of the Three Spirits.
4. What does Gwendolyn reveal to Hackworth regarding their divorce contract?
(a) The contract allows shared custody of Fiona.
(b) The contract is only valid if Hackworth agrees to sign it.
(c) The contract prohibits any relationship between Hackworth and his daughter.
(d) The contract grants Hackworth full custody of his daughter.
5. Hackworth and Fiona find a group called the "Reformed Distributed Republic" based on information obtained in what way?
(a) From a messenger of Dr. X.
(b) From an encoded message in Fiona's Primer.
(c) From a fortune cookie.
(d) From a mediatron.
6. Hackworth receives a message in Vancouver to seek whom?
(a) The Alchemist.
(b) Dr. X.
(c) The Arbitrator.
(d) Lord Finkle-McGraw.
7. What, according to Dr. X, caused the destruction of Chinese society prior to the time of this novel?
(a) Once thought came from the Feed, the people had no need to think.
(b) Once rice came from the Seed, the people had no need to plant.
(c) Once fabric came from matter compilers, the people had no need to weave.
(d) Once rice came from matter compilers, the people had no need to plant.
8. The adults conclude what, after watching the three girls play outside the manor of Elizabeth's grandfather?
(a) Elizabeth uses her knowledge and experience better than Fiona and Nell.
(b) Elizabeth and Fiona use their knowledge and experience better than Nell.
(c) Nell and Elizabeth use their knowledge and experience better than Fiona.
(d) Nell uses her knowledge and experience better than Fiona and Elizabeth.
9. For what purpose does Constable Moore use mediatrons?
(a) To stay abreast of current events.
(b) To recreate his past with new outcomes.
(c) To relive his past as a warrior.
(d) To play interactive games.
10. When Nell sees Colonel Napier falling asleep, what does she decide to do?
(a) Alter the girls' script to extract information from him.
(b) Serve him special drug-laced biscuits to make him tell the truth.
(c) Dance for him to gain his trust.
(d) Check his pockets for information.
11. Who watches the three girls with Primers play outside the manor of Elizabeth's grandfather?
(a) Lord Finkle-McGraw and Gwendolyn.
(b) Lord Finkle-McGraw and Judge Fang.
(c) Dr. X and Gwendolyn.
(d) Lord Finkle-McGraw, Judge Fang, and Gwendolyn.
12. In the Primer, how does Princess Nell become the Duchess of Turing?
(a) She marries the Duke of Turing.
(b) With help from the Mouse Army, she defeats the Turing Army.
(c) Using programming skills, she controls an army of robotic soldiers.
(d) She befriends the Black Knight, who kills the Duke of Turing.
13. What does Hackworth realize after watching a theatrical performance on a barge?
(a) Dr. X is the Alchemist.
(b) Fiona should return home to her mother.
(c) Hackworth should return home to Gwendolyn.
(d) Hackworth is the Alchemist.
14. Sitting in a teahouse, what does Carl Hollywood realize the Drummers are using to decipher codes?
(a) Infinite numbers to help them discover programming errors.
(b) Rituals to help them discover programming errors.
(c) Sexual rituals to help them discover large prime numbers.
(d) Programs to help them perform sexual rituals.
15. Carl Hollywood meets with Lord Finkle-McGraw after joining which phyle?
(a) The Atlantis phyle.
(b) The Parsi phyle.
(c) The Thetes.
(d) The Ashantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nell leaves the Academy, into what area does she travel?
2. From a park in Vancouver, Hackworth follows a mysterious woman where?
3. After Hackworth awakens from his dreams and crawls through the tunnels, what does he find?
4. Dr. X tells Hackworth that his years with the Drummers served what purpose?
5. In the Primer, by the time Princess Nell reaches the land of King Coyote, what happened to her two remaining magical friends?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)