|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Brad, who Nell and Harv have traveled to meet in Dovetail?
2. Why does Bud visit a mod parlor?
(a) To get a tattoo.
(b) To purchase retro clothing.
(c) To obtain a robot arm.
(d) To upgrade his skull gun to a state-of-the-art spray gun.
3. Why do Harv and his street gang make Tequila's boyfriend, Mark, disappear?
(a) Mark is a pedophile.
(b) Mark is a thief.
(c) Mark had a fight with Harv's mother.
(d) Mark does not allow Harv to play interactive pirates on the mediatrons.
4. Judge Fang believes that the two groups of mites searching for Nell's Primer were designed by whom?
(a) A Victorian and a matter compiler.
(b) Dr. X and a Thete.
(c) Dr. X and a Victorian.
(d) A matter compiler and a Thete.
5. In the Primer, who kills the Baron?
(b) The Queen.
6. What false information is given to Hackworth to lure him to the Flea Circus?
(a) Hackworth is told that Lord Finkle-McGraw is a friend of Dr. X.
(b) Hackworth is told that Lord Finkle-McGraw plans to turn Hackworth over to Judge Fang.
(c) Hackworth is told that Judge Fang has the stolen copy of the Primer.
(d) Hackworth is told that Dr. X has the stolen copy of the Primer.
7. In the video that Judge Fang views of a recent robbery, what was the robbers' mode of transportation?
(a) They drove an old car.
(b) They ran.
(c) They skated on nanoskates.
(d) They rode high-tech bicycles.
8. What does Harv decide to produce for his sister, Nell, on the matter compiler?
(a) A new mattress.
(c) A book.
(d) A recycler.
9. Why does Hackworth believe it took two years to track down the location of the Primer?
(a) The tracking mechanism may have been malfunctioning.
(b) The tracking mechanism may have been removed.
(c) It probably remained inside a building during that period.
(d) The person reading the Primer took precautions to keep it hidden.
10. Hackworth and Lord Finkle-McGraw communicate easily because they are both members of what?
(a) The Ashantis.
(b) The same phyle.
11. When Chang visits Hackworth at his home, what item does he bring?
(a) A book.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A note.
(d) A mostly destroyed hat.
12. What is the common name for the grid of microscopic sensors implanted in the bodies of ractors?
(a) A full Demi.
(b) A full Julie.
(c) A full Angelina.
(d) A full Jodie.
13. In "Nell Sees Something Peculiar", why is everything covered in black dust?
(a) The black dust is residue from the recycler.
(b) The black dust is the the bodies of dead mites, the result of a war between factions.
(c) No one knows why everything is covered in black dust.
(d) The black dust is a warning that war is imminent.
14. After Nell and Harv are beaten by their mother's newest partner, how does Nell incorporate the event into her Primer?
(a) Nell changes the name of the evil stepfather to Burt.
(b) Nell changes the name of the evil Baron to Bud.
(c) Nell changes the name of the evil Baron to Burt.
(d) Nell changes the name of the evil stepfather to Bud.
15. In the Primer, what does the raven say Nell must do in order to rescue Harv from the castle?
(a) Collect ten keys in the hands of ten kings and queens.
(b) Collect twelve keys in the hands of twelve trolls.
(c) Collect twelve keys in the hands of twelve kings and queens.
(d) Collect ten keys in the hands of ten trolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary technology in use in "The Diamond Age"?
2. What is the initial relationship between Miranda and Carl Hollywood?
3. The Causeway is a bridge connecting what two areas?
4. In "More Tales from the Primer," how does Nell use the lessons taught by Dinosaur to Princess Nell to help herself in real life?
5. In "Princess Nell in the City of King Magpie," how does a lesson from the Primer help Nell in real life?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)