|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Primer, the Dark Castle is guarded by whom?
2. When Chang shows the robbery video to Hackworth, in which his illegal copy of the Primer was stolen, what does Hackworth do?
(a) Hackworth tries to escape, but is arrested.
(b) Hackworth runs and escapes arrest.
(c) Hackworth tries to bribe Chang.
(d) Hackworth denies any knowledge of a robbery.
3. What is the common name for the grid of microscopic sensors implanted in the bodies of ractors?
(a) A full Julie.
(b) A full Angelina.
(c) A full Jodie.
(d) A full Demi.
4. Why does Hackworth believe it took two years to track down the location of the Primer?
(a) The tracking mechanism may have been removed.
(b) The person reading the Primer took precautions to keep it hidden.
(c) It probably remained inside a building during that period.
(d) The tracking mechanism may have been malfunctioning.
5. What does Demetrius Cotton give to Hackworth when he arrives at work?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A plan for a power supply.
6. When Harv brings a stolen Primer to Nell, why does she throw it on the floor?
(a) She does not want her brother to give her stolen property.
(b) She does not want her mother's boyfriend to see the book.
(c) The Primer begins telling the story of a girl named Elizabeth.
(d) The Primer begins telling the story of a girl named Fiona.
7. What does Harv do when he returns to see what Nell has done with the matter compiler?
(a) Harv repairs the matter compiler.
(b) Harv sends the extra items into the recycler.
(c) Harv tells his mother about Nell's mischief.
(d) Harv sends the broken matter compiler into the recycler.
8. What do the guards do to incapacitate Bud, after his assault and robbery, until the constable arrives?
(a) Wound him with their spray guns.
(b) Shrink-wrap him with their special guns.
(c) Handcuff him using nanotechnology.
(d) Detain him with brute force.
9. In the Primer, how are Princess Nell and Harv brought to their adoptive parents?
(a) By mermaids who found them floating at sea.
(b) By several animal friends who found them in the forest.
(c) By a raven who flew them across the sea.
(d) By a sea monster who carried them to shore.
10. In the Primer, what does the raven say Nell must do in order to rescue Harv from the castle?
(a) Collect twelve keys in the hands of twelve kings and queens.
(b) Collect ten keys in the hands of ten trolls.
(c) Collect ten keys in the hands of ten kings and queens.
(d) Collect twelve keys in the hands of twelve trolls.
11. In the torture chanber, PhyrePhox admits that his organization's ship carries what cargo?
(a) Women and children rescued from Atlantis/Shanghai.
(b) Skull guns and other contraband.
(c) Women and children to be used in human trading.
(d) Women and children rescued from inland China.
12. In the video that Judge Fang views of a recent robbery, what was the robbers' mode of transportation?
(a) They rode high-tech bicycles.
(b) They ran.
(c) They skated on nanoskates.
(d) They drove an old car.
13. What is the initial relationship between Miranda and Carl Hollywood?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She owns the theater company where he works.
(c) She works for his theater company.
(d) She and he are lovers.
14. What job does Miranda leave in order to become a ractor?
(b) Matter compiler.
15. In "Nell Sees Something Peculiar", why is everything covered in black dust?
(a) The black dust is residue from the recycler.
(b) The black dust is a warning that war is imminent.
(c) The black dust is the the bodies of dead mites, the result of a war between factions.
(d) No one knows why everything is covered in black dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modification does Judge Fang ask Hackworth to make to the Primer, against Hackworth's better judgment?
2. Why does Judge Fang decide to leave the Primer with Nell even though it is stolen property?
3. What do Harv and Nell conclude about the small piece of cloth Harv found near the sea?
4. How does the banker explain to Bud the penalties for missing payments on a line of credit?
5. When Nell reads the Primer alone in her room, who becomes its main character?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)