|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Three Girls Go Exploring | Miranda Receives an Unusual Ractive Message.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cloud that hangs over Atlantis/Shanghai?
(b) A dome that shields the area.
(c) A constant source of rain and gloom.
(d) Microscopic organisms that act as an immune system.
2. What does Harv do when he returns to see what Nell has done with the matter compiler?
(a) Harv sends the extra items into the recycler.
(b) Harv sends the broken matter compiler into the recycler.
(c) Harv repairs the matter compiler.
(d) Harv tells his mother about Nell's mischief.
3. What is Hackworth's code name for the Illustrated Primer project?
4. Lord Finkle-McGraw commissioned the Primer for his granddaughter for what reason?
(a) To raise her with some subversive culture.
(b) To help him communicate with her over long distances.
(c) To improve her reading skills.
(d) She wanted one for her birthday.
5. Where do Dr. X and Judge Fang first meet to discuss their mutual interest in the Primer?
(a) A teahouse on an island.
(b) The Flea Circus.
(c) Judge Fang's office.
(d) A theater in the French Quarter of Old Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Cathay Hotel, what do Carl Hollywood's friends propose to Miranda?
2. In "General Description of Life with the Constable," what lesson does Constable Moore teach Nell?
3. What do Harv and Nell conclude about the small piece of cloth Harv found near the sea?
4. Hackworth and Lord Finkle-McGraw communicate easily because they are both members of what?
5. What is the common name for the grid of microscopic sensors implanted in the bodies of ractors?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)