|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From the Primer, the Arrival of a Sinister Baron | Hackworth Departs from Shanghai | Nell and Harv at Large in the Leased Territories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dr. X and Judge Fang first meet to discuss their mutual interest in the Primer?
(a) A teahouse on an island.
(b) The Flea Circus.
(c) A theater in the French Quarter of Old Shanghai.
(d) Judge Fang's office.
2. What is the function of Source Victoria?
(a) Filtering dirty sea water and polluted air.
(b) Computer networking.
(c) Maintaining Victorian values.
(d) Artificial intelligence.
3. During their lunch, what option does Lord Finkle-McGraw offer to Hackworth in exchange for keeping quiet about Hackworth's illegal activities?
(a) Hackworth must agree to be a double agent for Dr. X, spying on Judge Fang.
(b) Hackworth must agree to be a double agent for the Victorians, spying on Dr. X.
(c) Hackworth must agree to be a double agent for Judge Fang, spying on Dr. X.
(d) Hackworth must agree to be a double agent for Dr. X, spying on the Victorians.
4. Why does Judge Fang decide to leave the Primer with Nell even though it is stolen property?
(a) Judge Fang plans to secretly steal the Primer from Nell.
(b) Books are unimportant to Judge Fang.
(c) Books are more important to children than to adults.
(d) Books are unimportant to Hackworth.
5. How does the banker explain to Bud the penalties for missing payments on a line of credit?
(a) He says Bud's credit card would self-destruct.
(b) He indicates a group of prisoners digging ditches.
(c) He points to a group of prisoners assembling jewelry.
(d) He explains that Bud's skull gun would be removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judge Fang notice about the hat that was recovered from a recent robbery?
2. In "Nell Sees Something Peculiar", why is everything covered in black dust?
3. What does Harv do when he returns to see what Nell has done with the matter compiler?
4. Bud steals money from a family who are members of what?
5. In the video that Judge Fang views of a recent robbery, what was the robbers' mode of transportation?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)