Part the First: A Thete Visits a Mod Parlor | Source Victoria | Financial Complications of Bud's Lifestyle
1. "The Diamond Age" is set in what era?
(a) The late twenty-first century.
(b) The late twenty-second century.
(c) The early twenty-second century.
(d) The early twenty-first century.
2. Why does Bud visit a mod parlor?
(a) To purchase retro clothing.
(b) To upgrade his skull gun to a state-of-the-art spray gun.
(c) To obtain a robot arm.
(d) To get a tattoo.
3. What is the primary technology in use in "The Diamond Age"?
(b) Computer networks.
(c) Artificial intelligence.
4. What is the function of Source Victoria?
(a) Artificial intelligence.
(b) Computer networking.
(c) Filtering dirty sea water and polluted air.
(d) Maintaining Victorian values.
5. Where do Peacock Bank customers keep their credit cards?
(a) Mounted on a bone near the surface of the skin.
(b) The bank does not issue credit cards.
(c) Implanted inside a skull gun.
(d) Custom wallets with electronic locks.
6. How does the banker explain to Bud the penalties for missing payments on a line of credit?
(a) He says Bud's credit card would self-destruct.
(b) He points to a group of prisoners assembling jewelry.
(c) He explains that Bud's skull gun would be removed.
(d) He indicates a group of prisoners digging ditches.
This section contains 6,860 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)