|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps to clear away the fog during the day?
2. What does Ray find outside of his cabin in the morning that makes him wonder if anyone can spot anything?
(c) Blue skies
(d) Dense trees
3. How does Ray get from Bremerton, Washington, over to Seattle, Washington?
(c) He walks
4. Where do Japhy and one of the owners of the house work during the day?
(a) Mining field
(b) Construction site
(d) Mountain lodge
5. Where does Ray hitchhike to after leaving his mother's house?
(d) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Ray realizes, "it was _____ not the void that changed."
2. For how long does Ray continue to meditate in the woods?
3. Japhy tells Ray: _____ karma automatically produces ________ karma.
4. What is the profession of the person who comments that El Paso gets 360 days of sunshine a year?
5. Where does Ray sleep after being pursued by a young homosexual man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ray help his mother and her illness?
2. Describe Rhoda's fiance as Ray sees him at their first meeting.
3. What does Ray's brother-in-law think about his time in the woods and in the house?
4. What is Japhy's reaction to Rhoda's fiance?
5. What does Ray refuse to do at a wild party at Sean and Christine's house?
6. What does a local confide to Ray when the two become drunk together?
7. Where is Japhy living when Ray finally finds him along his journey?
8. What do Ray and Japhy do to help out Sean as he is providing accommodations for the both of them?
9. What does Ray do as he stays in the shack behind Sean and Christine's home?
10. What does Japhy's father do when he arrives at the party for Japhy's going away?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)