|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girlfriend of the answer to #63?
2. Who starts the fire when the men wake up in the morning?
(d) No one
3. Where does Ray decide he will sleep instead of on a bed inside?
(a) In the car
(b) A couch on the porch
(c) The ground outside
(d) A tent in the backyard
4. What does the other bum on the train tell Ray can be cured by standing on one's head and drinking honey with milk?
5. What does Ray consider to be a waste and a destroyer of creative thinking and individuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the backwoods boy who grew up in a log cabin in the woods?
2. What color of eyes does Princess have?
3. How much were the flannel shirts Ray buys?
4. What kind of writer is Ray Smith, the main character and narrator of this story?
5. What does Japhy say he and Ray will follow in order to find their way through the boulders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the realization Ray has when he watches the way Japhy descends the mountain?
2. When the waitress asks the men where they will be hiking, what do the men reply?
3. Describe Princess as she is seen by Ray Smith when he arrives at Ray and Alvah's house.
4. How does Ray feel once they have reached a higher point of elevation as they hike up to Matterhorn?
5. Describe the character of Japhy Ryder.
6. What do the bums of San Francisco tell Ray there is great money to be made in doing?
7. What does Morley forget that makes him fall behind in the hiking, though Japhy and Ray continue on without him anyway?
8. Describe the house where Ray Smith is staying.
9. What does the bum tell Ray to do in order to cure arthritis?
10. How will Japhy and Ray find their way along the mountain trail, according to Japhy?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)