|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men get together at Japhy's small house?
2. What does Ray see as being the only decent activity left in the world?
(a) To think
(b) To pray
(c) To meditate
(d) To hike
3. What does the girlfriend in #64 rant about as Ray sits with her?
(a) The aluminum foil
(b) The police
(d) The trees
4. Who is the backwoods boy who grew up in a log cabin in the woods?
5. What does Morley do in order to show the other men where he is on the trail?
(d) Throws rocks
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ray staying before he arrives in Los Angeles at the beginning of the story?
2. Which university does Ray live near?
3. Who stops by to visit Ray and Alvah when Alvah is out?
4. What is the year in which the story begins?
5. What is the name of the professional truck driver Ray meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ray feel once they have reached a higher point of elevation as they hike up to Matterhorn?
2. How do Japhy and Ray find Morley again?
3. What kinds of stores do Japhy and Ray go to in order to find the best hiking equipment?
4. List the four men who sit together at Japhy's small home, drinking wine together and discussing poetry.
5. What happens later in the night which upsets Alvah, and rightfully so?
6. What are some of the ways Japhy shows he is generous?
7. How well prepared does Ray feel at the end of his shopping excursion with Japhy?
8. What does the bum tell Ray to do in order to cure arthritis?
9. Where does Ray decide to sleep once he arrives at his mother's house?
10. How will Japhy and Ray find their way along the mountain trail, according to Japhy?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)