|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the other bum on the train tell Ray can be cured by standing on one's head and drinking honey with milk?
2. How far ahead does Japhy get from Ray and Morley?
(a) 3 feet
(b) 10 feet
(c) 1/2 mile
(d) 1 mile
3. What does Japhy claim to have learned about from Ray?
4. How far does Morley decide to walk in order to drain the crankcase which he has forgotten to drain before starting the journey?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 6 miles roundtrip
(c) 8 miles roundtrip
(d) 4 miles
5. What do Princess and Ray do after they have sex?
(a) Buy wine
(b) Hitch a ride to Mexico
(c) Read together
(d) Take a bath
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to remain at the lake in order to sleep for the night instead of continuing the hike?
2. Where does Ray hike with his new equipment?
3. What does Ray find profound as he sits and contemplates the immensity of the mountains?
4. What color of eyes does Princess have?
5. What does Ray think about his life when he begins to contemplate Japhy's choices and outlook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of stores do Japhy and Ray go to in order to find the best hiking equipment?
2. What does Ray seem to believe about the ideas of Buddhism and Christianity?
3. What is Cody concerned about when Ray arrives to say his goodbyes?
4. Describe the way Japhy decides to descend the mountain.
5. Where does Ray decide to sleep once he arrives at his mother's house?
6. What are some of the ways Japhy shows he is generous?
7. How do Japhy and Ray find Morley again?
8. What does a transient in Riverside warn Ray about once he arrives?
9. What do the bums of San Francisco tell Ray there is great money to be made in doing?
10. What does Ray ask Japhy to help him do once Ray receives money?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)