|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city in Mexico does Ray walk to, finding people and drinking and smoking marijuana with them?
(a) Mexico City
2. Who does Ray see in a vision, calling to him from the Cascade Mountains?
3. What is the name of the dog Ray and his brother-in-law fight about?
4. Who do the men around him tell stories of when they realize who Ray knows?
5. Who comes to Japhy's party, but leaves quickly, disappointing Ray?
(a) His father
6. During the party, which character returns to his sleeping bag and decides to sleep alone?
7. Who accuses Ray of drinking too much?
8. What would the name of their press be, according to Japhy's plans for he and Ray's future?
(d) Dharma Press
9. What is the name of the ranger station where Ray arrives for his assignment?
10. What does Ray do to cheer himself up when he is bored?
(a) Thinks of Japhy
(b) Drinks wine
(c) Writes his novel
(d) Smokes hand-rolled cigarettes
11. Who is the character that remains calm throughout the arguments referred to in #130?
12. In what state is Ray's summer job as a fire lookout?
13. To what do Ray's mother and sister want him to return?
(a) The home
(b) The religion he was born with
(c) His writing job
(d) His old job
14. When Ray reaches Eugene, Oregon, he comments on the smoke produced by a __________.
(a) Paper mill
(b) Lumber mill
(c) Oil field
15. What helps to clear away the fog during the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Japhy's girlfriend that tries to go to Japan with him?
2. What do Ray and Japhy decide to do when they become bored of the party?
3. In what month does Ray finally leave for his summer job?
4. Who wants to introduce Ray to the lecture and discussion circuit?
5. In what city did Ray go to have a swim and some food over a nice wood fire in the sand?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)