|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers snide comments about other writers and poets?
2. When Ray reaches Eugene, Oregon, he comments on the smoke produced by a __________.
(b) Lumber mill
(c) Paper mill
(d) Oil field
3. What did Ray notice about the big Texan with whom he rides?
(a) He smells.
(b) He can't remember anything.
(c) He doesn't know where he's going.
(d) He's a fibber.
4. Where does Japhy intend to travel in order to study for a long period of time?
5. How does Ray keep in touch with the other stations?
(a) Phone calls
(c) 2-way radio
(d) Daily visits
6. What was the name of Japhy's girlfriend that tries to go to Japan with him?
7. Who becomes sick and assisted by Ray with an insight he has while meditating?
(a) His brother in law
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) The dog
8. Ray realizes he is empowered to remind people they are ______.
9. Who teases Ray about being the lazy one in the house?
10. Where does Ray stay for a little over a month after Japhy departs?
(a) A shack
(b) In the woods
(c) In a traincar
(d) At the bus station
11. Who do the men around him tell stories of when they realize who Ray knows?
12. Where does Ray hitchhike to after leaving his mother's house?
(d) New Mexico
13. Who cooks dinner for the owners of the house and for Japhy?
14. The local man says they spend all their time trying to appear __________.
15. How many days has Ray been up at Desolation Peak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues with the answer to #128 about her upcoming marriage?
2. What is Ray's shadow ringed by one day after a deluge of rain?
3. Where does Ray go when he is accused of drinking too much?
4. What was the name of the truck driver Ray rode with all the way up to Crescent City because the driver said he was lonely and wanted the company?
5. Where do Japhy and one of the owners of the house work during the day?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)