|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray do to pass the time in his cabin?
2. What is the place where Ray will be staying in order to spot fires?
(a) Solitude Spot
(b) Cascade Crescent
(c) Desolation Peak
(d) Archer's Alley
3. To what do Ray's mother and sister want him to return?
(a) The home
(b) His old job
(c) The religion he was born with
(d) His writing job
4. What would the name of their press be, according to Japhy's plans for he and Ray's future?
(a) Dharma Press
5. What month has begun at the beginning of this chapter?
6. Who does Ray find to be cynical and even jaded as they continue to talk?
7. Where do Japhy and one of the owners of the house work during the day?
(a) Mining field
(c) Mountain lodge
(d) Construction site
8. What does the slip Ray gives to Japhy say? May you use the _____________ of mercy.
9. What kind of writer has Ray gained a reputation as being?
(a) East Coast
(b) West Coast
10. What does Ray tell Japhy he wants more than anything else in the world at one particular moment?
(a) A Hershey bar
(b) A joint
(c) A Coke
(d) A glass of wine
11. Who accuses Ray of drinking too much?
12. Who do the men around him tell stories of when they realize who Ray knows?
13. Who shows up and dances wildly with a tall girl?
(a) Japhy's father
(d) Ray's father
14. To what city do Ray and Japhy go to visit for a day?
(a) San Francisco
15. Why don't the men do the thing that is the answer to #94? What are they afraid of being seen as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to sleep outside in the shack?
2. What was the name of the truck driver Ray rode with all the way up to Crescent City because the driver said he was lonely and wanted the company?
3. What are the first names of the owners of the house behind which Japhy sleeps?
4. What do Ray and Japhy do in order to help Sean?
5. Who notices Ray's peculiar habit of spending long periods alone in the woods?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)