|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the name of their press be, according to Japhy's plans for he and Ray's future?
(a) Dharma Press
2. For how long does Ray continue to meditate in the woods?
(a) 5 weeks
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 6 weeks
(d) 2 weeks
3. Japhy and Ray talk about how the _________ will meet the West.
4. Where does Ray stay for a little over a month after Japhy departs?
(a) A shack
(b) At the bus station
(c) In the woods
(d) In a traincar
5. What is Ray's shadow ringed by one day after a deluge of rain?
6. What is the first name of Japhy's sister who comes to visit?
7. Who offers snide comments about other writers and poets?
8. Ray realizes, "it was _____ not the void that changed."
9. The answer to #139 says that _________ is no good as a writer because he is always drunk.
10. Who shows up and dances wildly with a tall girl?
(a) Japhy's father
(c) Ray's father
11. To where does Ray hitchhike because he does not enjoy the trip with the drunk driver?
(c) El Paso
(d) Santa Fe
12. Who cooks dinner for the owners of the house and for Japhy?
13. Who comes to Japhy's party, but leaves quickly, disappointing Ray?
(b) His father
14. To what do Ray's mother and sister want him to return?
(a) His old job
(b) The home
(c) His writing job
(d) The religion he was born with
15. How many couples are at the party at Sean and Christine's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slip Ray gives to Japhy say? May you use the _____________ of mercy.
2. Who begins to drink at the beginning of this day trip and continues to drink until he becomes inebriated?
3. What does a man offer per hour to Ray in order to get some help moving a piano?
4. What do Ray and Japhy do in order to help Sean?
5. Who decides to sleep outside in the shack?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)