Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What kind of writer is Ray Smith, the main character and narrator of this story?
2. Where was Ray staying before he arrives in Los Angeles at the beginning of the story?
3. What is the year in which the story begins?
4. What does Ray purchase in order to share with the other hobo on the train with him?
5. Where is the other bum from, as Ray finds out during their conversation?
6. Who is the backwoods boy who grew up in a log cabin in the woods?
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. With whom does Ray live in a ramshackle house near the University?
8. Which university does Ray live near?
(b) UC at Irvine
(d) UC at Berkely
This section contains 3,452 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)