Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Ray arrives in LA, back from a trip in Mexico.
* Ray jumps on a train, hobo-style, to get out of LA.
* Ray meets a hobo and the two sit and talk for a while, sharing wine.
* Ray jumps off the train at Santa Barbara.
* Ray hitchhikes to San Francisco where he meets Japhy.
* Ray and Japhy go to a poetry reading at Gallery Six.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Ray lives with Alvah Goldbook near the University of California at Berkeley campus.
* Japhy lives on the other side of campus.
* As Ray and Japhy talk, Japhy mentions 'yabyum,' but does not explain its meaning.
* Alvah, Warren, Ray and Japhy all sit around, getting drunk, discussing poetry.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
* Japhy and a woman named Princess stop by Ray and Alvah's house.
* Ray encounters Japhy, Princess, and Alvah, all nude, in the state of yasyum, according to Japhy.
* Ray is...
This section contains 1,659 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)