Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Ray arrives in LA, back from a trip in Mexico.
• Ray jumps on a train, hobo-style, to get out of LA.
• Ray meets a hobo and the two sit and talk for a while, sharing wine.
• Ray jumps off the train at Santa Barbara.
• Ray hitchhikes to San Francisco where he meets Japhy.
• Ray and Japhy go to a poetry reading at Gallery Six.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Ray lives with Alvah Goldbook near the University of California at Berkeley campus.
• Japhy lives on the other side of campus.
• As Ray and Japhy talk, Japhy mentions 'yabyum,' but does not explain its meaning.
• Alvah, Warren, Ray and Japhy all sit around, getting drunk, discussing poetry.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Japhy and a woman named Princess stop by Ray and Alvah's house.
• Ray encounters Japhy, Princess, and Alvah, all nude, in the state of yasyum, according to Japhy.
• Ray is...
This section contains 1,659 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)