Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 Abstract
* Ray arrives in LA, back from a trip in Mexico.
* Ray jumps on a train, hobo-style, to get out of LA.
* Ray meets a hobo and the two sit and talk for a while, sharing wine.
* Ray jumps off the train at Santa Barbara.
* Ray hitchhikes to San Francisco where he meets Japhy...
This section contains 1,891 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)