|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Commandant remind Hannah of?
2. Who's hand does Hannah see is bandaged and bloody?
3. Why is Hannah told not to touch Tzipporah?
4. How many times does the train holding the Jewish villagers stop on its trip?
5. When does Hannah think her birthday is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hannah awakens in Chapter 13?
2. What do Hannah and Eva discuss in Chapter 19?
3. What happens to Reuven in Chapter 16?
4. Discuss the potential escape of the women.
5. Where are the women and children taken first at the camp and why?
6. What happens after the women and children are given a cold shower?
7. What does Gitl inform Hannah of?
8. Discuss the six men in chains.
9. Discuss Hannah's reaction to the first Choosing.
10. What does Hannah do with the bread she is given at meals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The celebration of Passover and Seder are shown in the novel. How are the Jewish holidays shown in the novel? What impact does this have on the novel? Why are they discussed?
Essay Topic 2
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel, and the role it plays in the overall story.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)