|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the concentration camp Gitl was in liberated?
2. What does one of the numbers on Eva's arm stand for?
3. Who drags the dead corpses away after being shot against a firing wall?
4. What does Shmuel do when he is lined in front of a wall to die?
5. How long does the train travel that holds the Jewish villagers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Reuven in Chapter 16?
2. What happens to Tzipporah in Chapter 13?
3. Discuss and describe the Commandant.
4. Who is described as the 'sorrowful' boy?
5. What does Rivka inform the women about their identification numbers?
6. Discuss the person in charge of the women and children.
7. What happens after the women and children are given a cold shower?
8. What does Hannah suddenly remember about the Jews?
9. Discuss Gitl's organization.
10. What does Gitl inform Hannah of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are character descriptions used in order to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The history of the Holocaust is displayed throughout the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Holocaust and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of helplessness is a strong foil in the story. How does helplessness prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)