|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eva say changed their name when coming to America?
2. How many times does the train holding the Jewish villagers stop on its trip?
3. What does Hannah awaken to that she first believes to be a clock radio?
4. Where are the women taken upon entering the concentration camp?
5. Who does the Commandant remind Hannah of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe where the women and children stay at the camp.
2. What does Rivka inform the women about their identification numbers?
3. Who is Rivka and what has been her experience at the camp?
4. What happens after the women and children are given a cold shower?
5. What does the author discuss in the section "What is True About This Book"?
6. What happens to Reuven in Chapter 16?
7. What do Hannah and Eva discuss in Chapter 19?
8. Discuss the journey of the train that the villagers go on to the camp.
9. Who is described as the 'sorrowful' boy?
10. What happens when Hannah daydreams about food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting in the novel and how it is displayed?
Essay Topic 3
Decide who you believe to be the protagonist and the antagonist in the story. Explain why you chose these characters. What classifies these characters as being a protagonist and an antagonist? What are the results of having a protagonist and antagonist in the story?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)