|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women told to do when first entering the concentration camp?
2. Who became a member of the Israeli senate after surviving the concentration camps?
3. What best describes the location that the Jewish villagers are taken to?
4. Who started an organization that helped camp survivors to cope and to locate whoever remained alive in their families after the Holocaust?
5. Why does Eva tell Hannah the rest of her life story later when they are alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hannah daydreams about food?
2. What happens when the Commandant comes in Chapter 15?
3. What does Rivka say should happen when the Commandant comes for a Choosing?
4. What happens to Reuven in Chapter 16?
5. Discuss the opening of Chapter 19.
6. What happens to Gitl and Yitchak after the war?
7. What does Hannah suddenly remember about the Jews?
8. Discuss Gitl's organization.
9. Discuss the six men in chains.
10. Discuss the potential escape of the women.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between Hannah and Eva with that of Chaya and Rivka.
Essay Topic 2
Heroism is shown when Chaya takes Rivka's place when Rivka is chosen to die while at the concentration camp. Discuss the idea of heroism and the way it is used in the novel
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)