|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired to make up rhymes, sing songs and tell fortunes?
2. What village does the wedding of Shmuel take place in?
3. Who is engaged to Fayge?
4. Who gives explanations from the Haggadah of stones concerning ancient Jewish history?
5. While Hannah is eating bitter herbs on Easter Sunday, what will her friend Rosemary be eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hannah's friends question about Rabbi Boruch?
2. Describe the place that the villagers are taken to by the Nazis.
3. What is Aaron's role in the ceremony of Seder?
4. What happens between Grandpa Will and Hannah when Hannah is young?
5. What does Hannah tell Shmuel that he finds to be a joke?
6. What do some of the villagers say they have heard about the resettlement of the Jews?
7. Describe Aaron's job at reciting the Haggadah.
8. What are Hannah's friends thoughts about her?
9. What happens when Hannah says someone needs to do something to stop the Nazis?
10. What behavior does Grandpa Will exhibit at Seder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting in the novel and how it is displayed?
Essay Topic 2
The history of the Holocaust is displayed throughout the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Holocaust and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel and how does the novel fall into this theme?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)