|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of story does Hanna tell Aaron on the way to their grandparents?
2. Who is described as a breathless girl?
3. While Hannah is eating bitter herbs on Easter Sunday, what will her friend Rosemary be eating?
4. What English word does Aaron mispronounce?
5. Who is said to be "almost married"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some of the villagers say they have heard about the resettlement of the Jews?
2. Describe the place that the villagers are taken to by the Nazis.
3. What happens to Hannah when the villagers climb into the Nazis trucks?
4. What happens when Hannah tries to warn the villagers of the Nazis?
5. Describe Aaron's job at reciting the Haggadah.
6. What does Hannah think about the badchan?
7. What does Hannah tell Shmuel that he finds to be a joke?
8. What is Hannah given to wear to Shmuel's wedding?
9. What does Hannah suddenly realize at the party in Viosk?
10. Who does Hannah become friends with before Shmuel's wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ethnic injustices are used against the Jews in the novel. In what ways are they used and what is the result of this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting in the novel and how it is displayed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Shmuel and Faygne and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)