|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dress Hannah is given to wear to the wedding look like?
2. While Hannah is eating bitter herbs on Easter Sunday, what will her friend Rosemary be eating?
3. What words best describe Hannah's thoughts on Passover dinner?
4. Where does Hannah live?
5. Who says the Nazis will gas everyone in ovens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some of the villagers say they have heard about the resettlement of the Jews?
2. Discuss Hannah's thoughts on the breakfast she has in Chapter 5.
3. What is Aaron's role in the ceremony of Seder?
4. Discuss the party in Viosk.
5. What holiday does Hannah celebrate at the beginning of the novel?
6. Discuss the daydream Hannah believes she is having in Chapter 12.
7. Who does Hannah become friends with before Shmuel's wedding?
8. What behavior does Grandpa Will exhibit at Seder?
9. Describe the place that the villagers are taken to by the Nazis.
10. What happens when Hannah is unable to sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The celebration of Passover and Seder are shown in the novel. How are the Jewish holidays shown in the novel? What impact does this have on the novel? Why are they discussed?
Essay Topic 2
How are character descriptions used in order to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hannah and Chaya. In what ways are they the same character, yet different characters in the story?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)