|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lost both of their parents to the Nazis?
2. What type of story does Hanna tell Aaron on the way to their grandparents?
3. Who is interested in Gitl?
4. Who approaches Hannah at the wedding whom she does not know?
5. Who makes predictions of doom involving the idea of going with the Nazi soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hannah says someone needs to do something to stop the Nazis?
2. Who does Hannah become friends with before Shmuel's wedding?
3. What holiday does Hannah celebrate at the beginning of the novel?
4. Where is the second night of Seder?
5. What happens when Hannah tries to warn the villagers of the Nazis?
6. What are Hannah's friends thoughts about her?
7. Who is Yitzchak and what is his role in Chapter 5?
8. Discuss the disturbance that occurs at the party in Viosk.
9. Discuss the daydream Hannah believes she is having in Chapter 12.
10. What does Hannah tell Shmuel that he finds to be a joke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ethnic injustices are used against the Jews in the novel. In what ways are they used and what is the result of this?
Essay Topic 2
The celebration of Passover and Seder are shown in the novel. How are the Jewish holidays shown in the novel? What impact does this have on the novel? Why are they discussed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel and how does the novel fall into this theme?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)