|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women lie down on while in the barracks?
(a) The floor.
(b) Wooden boxes.
(c) Old beds.
(d) Shelves of wood.
2. Who awakens Hannah one night and gives her a pair of shoes before taking her to the door?
3. Who does Eva say changed their name when coming to America?
(a) Grandpa Will.
(b) Aunt Rose.
(d) Grandma Belle.
4. What does Hannah agree to never do again in front of the German soldiers?
5. When Hannah looks behind her in Chapter 19, what does she see?
(a) A barren field.
(c) The barracks.
(d) A large table piled with food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is separated among the Jewish villagers by the German soldiers?
2. Who is Hannah asked to live for?
3. What does Gitl give Hannah for a birthday present?
4. When does Hannah think her birthday is?
5. Who is the only person not killed from Rivka's family while in the concentration camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hannah and Eva discuss in Chapter 19?
2. What happens when Hannah daydreams about food?
3. Discuss Gitl's organization.
4. Where are the women and children taken first at the camp and why?
5. What does the author discuss in the section "What is True About This Book"?
6. Who is described as the 'sorrowful' boy?
7. Discuss the potential escape of the women.
8. What happens when the Commandant comes in Chapter 15?
9. What does Gitl inform Hannah of?
10. What does Rivka inform the women about their identification numbers?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)