|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is alone in "Chapter 19"?
(b) Aunt Rose.
(c) Aunt Eva.
2. What does Hannah notice about the woman in the blue dress?
(a) She has only three fingers on her right hand.
(b) She is missing an arm.
(c) She is Jewish.
(d) She is missing a hand.
3. What was Eva's name before moving to America?
4. What does Rivka confide in the others?
(a) The grown-ups have a plan to escape.
(b) She will be chosen at the next Choosing.
(c) She is going to survive the war.
(d) Her brother has been killed.
5. What does the guard who enters the women's barracks in the morning tell them to do?
(a) Take showers.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Hurry if they want food.
(d) Get to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Rivka been in the camp?
2. What do the prisoners call the door the area that the wooden fence leads to?
3. What does Hannah look for while in the barracks?
4. What is demanded that Hannah give up when arriving at the concentration camp?
5. What does Hannah awaken to that she first believes to be a clock radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gitl inform Hannah of?
2. What happens to Reuven in Chapter 16?
3. Describe where the women and children stay at the camp.
4. Discuss the six men in chains.
5. What does Rivka say should happen when the Commandant comes for a Choosing?
6. Who is Rivka and what has been her experience at the camp?
7. Discuss the potential escape of the women.
8. What happens to Hannah after Rivka gives the women hints as to how to stay alive in the camp?
9. Who is described as the 'sorrowful' boy?
10. What does Hannah suddenly remember about the Jews?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)