|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to the women if they do not work hard?
(a) They will die.
(b) They will not be paid.
(c) They will not receive food.
(d) They will not be freed.
2. Where are the women taken upon entering the concentration camp?
(a) An amphitheater.
(b) A house.
(c) A prison cell.
(d) An apartment buildling.
3. What does one of the numbers on Eva's arm stand for?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother Wolfe.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who is bribed to leave the barracks door unlocked?
(a) A guard.
(b) The woman in the blue dress.
(c) The Commandant.
(d) Dr. Mengele.
5. What does Shmuel do when he is lined in front of a wall to die?
(a) He cries.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He tries to run.
(d) He kills a guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hannah asked to live for?
2. Who takes control of the women and children at the concentration camp?
3. Who does Hannah dress after her cold shower?
4. Who decides not to risk going with the other women who try to escape?
5. Who runs to Shmuel before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the journey of the train that the villagers go on to the camp.
2. Discuss the person in charge of the women and children.
3. What happens to Tzipporah in Chapter 13?
4. How does Hannah die?
5. Who is described as the 'sorrowful' boy?
6. Discuss the six men in chains.
7. What happens to Gitl and Yitchak after the war?
8. Who is Rivka and what has been her experience at the camp?
9. Discuss the opening of Chapter 19.
10. What does Hannah see when she turns around in Chapter 19?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)