|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the Nazis will gas everyone in ovens?
2. What does Hannah get to try on Passover?
3. Who was not in a concentration camp?
(a) Grandma Belle.
(b) Uncle Sam.
(c) Grandpa Will.
(d) Uncle Dan.
4. Who does Hannah say is her best friend?
5. What celebration is said to be about remembering?
(d) Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of conversation is said to occur between Rabbi Boruch, Shmuel and the Nazi leader?
2. Who gathers before soldiers at the wedding?
3. What do the Nazi's say they will look after when the villagers go with them?
4. Who screams at the television when it shows images of Nazi concentration camp victims and survivors?
5. What does Hannah complain that all Jewish holidays are about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some of the villagers say they have heard about the resettlement of the Jews?
2. What happens when Hannah is unable to sleep?
3. What is Hannah given to wear to Shmuel's wedding?
4. Discuss the role of Elijah at the ceremony of Seder.
5. What happens between Grandpa Will and Hannah when Hannah is young?
6. Describe Aaron's job at reciting the Haggadah.
7. Discuss the party in Viosk.
8. What happens when Hannah says someone needs to do something to stop the Nazis?
9. Who is Yitzchak and what is his role in Chapter 5?
10. Discuss Hannah's thoughts on the breakfast she has in Chapter 5.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)