|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memories does Hannah have when getting into the soldiers truck?
(a) Memories of her parents.
(b) Memories of Rosemary.
(c) Memories of her brother.
(d) Classroom memories of the Holocaust.
2. Who no longer thinks Eva is wise and magical?
(a) Grandpa Will.
(c) Grandma Belle.
3. What does Aaron search for when playing a Passover game?
(b) A cookie.
(d) A dreidel.
4. Who gathers before soldiers at the wedding?
(a) Other soldiers.
(b) The wedding party.
(c) The children.
(d) The villagers.
5. Who has children Hannah's age?
(a) Aunt Rose.
(b) Aunt Eva.
(c) Uncle Dan.
(d) Uncle Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah empty her wine into?
2. What does Grandpa Will display when watching TV?
3. Where will the next Seder be the following evening?
4. Who screams at the television when it shows images of Nazi concentration camp victims and survivors?
5. What type of story does Hanna tell Aaron on the way to their grandparents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aaron's role in the ceremony of Seder?
2. Who does Hannah become friends with before Shmuel's wedding?
3. Discuss Hannah's thoughts on the breakfast she has in Chapter 5.
4. Describe the place that the villagers are taken to by the Nazis.
5. What does Hannah think about the badchan?
6. What happens when Hannah tries to warn the villagers of the Nazis?
7. What holiday does Hannah celebrate at the beginning of the novel?
8. What does Hannah tell Shmuel that he finds to be a joke?
9. Where is the second night of Seder?
10. Who is lost in the Holocaust from Hannah's family?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)