|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sign read in German that stands over the gate where the Jewish villagers are taken?
(a) Work or die.
(b) Alive or dead.
(c) Death to Jews.
(d) Work makes you free.
2. What best describes the Commandant?
(a) Small, muscular, loud.
(b) Tall, muscular, loud.
(c) Tall, handsome, quiet.
(d) Small, handsome, quiet.
3. What does Rivka tell the others to remember?
(a) Their families at home.
(b) Their place in the world.
(c) Their identification numbers.
(d) To keep their strength.
4. Why do the women make a signal noise when the Commandant arrives?
(a) To signal the children to attack the Commandant.
(b) To signal the children to hide behind them.
(c) To signal the children to run to the midden.
(d) To signal the children to stand in line and stand up straight.
5. Who does Hannah dress after her cold shower?
6. How many times does the train holding the Jewish villagers stop on its trip?
(c) Every hour.
(d) Three times.
7. What do the prisoners call the door the area that the wooden fence leads to?
(a) Jasmine's Cave.
(b) Hannah's Cave.
(c) Lilith's Cave.
(d) Lily's Cave.
8. Where are the women and children taken for one hour at night?
(a) The bathrooms.
(b) An open area.
(c) The showers.
(d) A gas chamber.
9. Who gives Hannah a bowl to of water to wash her clothes with?
10. What does Hannah bang her head on when she awakens?
(a) The door.
(b) Gitl's head.
(c) The shelf below her.
(d) The shelf above her.
11. What does Hannah awaken to that she first believes to be a clock radio?
(b) A gun.
(c) A horn.
(d) A scream.
12. Who forgets to take their clothes off when jumping into the garbage for safety?
13. Whom does Hannah feel the officer looking at the prisoners reminds her of?
(a) Mr. Bradley.
(b) Mr. Joe.
(c) Mr. Unsward.
(d) Mr. Svea.
14. How much did Gitl weight when the concentration camp was liberated?
(a) 62 pounds.
(b) 81 pounds.
(c) 73 pounds.
(d) 59 pounds.
15. Who does Hannah see bending over Tzipporah?
(b) A guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rivka say is not done at night?
2. Who finished out the war fighting with the partisans in the forest against the Germans?
3. What does Hannah look for while in the barracks?
4. Where is roll call held?
5. Who does the Commandant remind Hannah of?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)