|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gitl give Hannah for a birthday present?
(a) A blue scarf.
(b) Red shoes.
(c) Blue shoes.
(d) A red scarf.
2. What is the marking on the door that Hannah stands in front of in "Chapter 19"?
3. Where do the women lie down on while in the barracks?
(a) The floor.
(b) Wooden boxes.
(c) Shelves of wood.
(d) Old beds.
4. Who finished out the war fighting with the partisans in the forest against the Germans?
(a) Grandma Belle.
(c) Grandpa Will.
5. Who awakens Hannah one night and gives her a pair of shoes before taking her to the door?
6. Where is roll call held?
(b) In the barracks.
(c) Inside an amphitheater.
(d) Lilith's Cave.
7. Who drags the dead corpses away after being shot against a firing wall?
(a) Dr. Mengele.
(d) The Commandant.
8. Who tells Hannah to sit down in a chair that is reserved for the prophet Elijah?
(a) Aunt Rose.
(b) Aunt Eva.
(d) Her mother.
9. Why does Eva tell Hannah the rest of her life story later when they are alone?
(a) Because Eva couldn't handle telling anyone else.
(b) Because nobody else wanted to hear it.
(c) Because nobody else would believe it.
(d) Because Hannah wanted to hear it in private.
10. How long has Rivka been in the camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six weeks.
11. What does the guard who enters the women's barracks in the morning tell them to do?
(a) Get dressed.
(b) Hurry if they want food.
(c) Take showers.
(d) Get to work.
12. When the Commandant arrives, what do the women and girls do?
(a) Clap their hands.
(b) Make clucking noises.
(d) Snap their fingers.
13. Who does Hannah see bending over Tzipporah?
(c) A guard.
14. Why is Hannah told not to touch Tzipporah?
(a) Tzipporah is dead.
(b) Tzipporah is contagious.
(c) Tzipporah is upset.
(d) Tzipporah doesn't like being touched.
15. What does Hannah try to remove from Tzipporah's cheek?
(b) A fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah give her bread to?
2. When Hannah looks behind her in Chapter 19, what does she see?
3. Who does the Commandant remind Hannah of?
4. Who forgets to take their clothes off when jumping into the garbage for safety?
5. What are the Jewish women told to dress in after their cold shower?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)