|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Shmuel is shot, who's head does he kiss?
2. What does Rivka tell the others to remember?
(a) To keep their strength.
(b) Their place in the world.
(c) Their identification numbers.
(d) Their families at home.
3. Who stares at the tattoo on Eva's arm?
4. How many Jewish people does Hannah suddenly remember die during the Holocuast?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Four million.
(c) Six million.
(d) Sixteen million.
5. Who walks away from Rivka, showing a lack of interest in her stories involving the concentration camp?
6. What does Gitl call the day of each Choosing?
(a) The Devil's playground.
(b) Lilith's Cave day.
(c) The Devil's arithmetic.
(d) The Devil's fun.
7. Where do the women lie down on while in the barracks?
(a) The floor.
(b) Shelves of wood.
(c) Wooden boxes.
(d) Old beds.
8. When Hannah asks Rivka about a Choosing, what does Rivka do?
(a) Answer Hannah's questions.
(b) Hits Hannah.
(c) Tells Hannah to be quiet.
(d) Ignores Hannah.
9. Who gives Hannah a bowl to of water to wash her clothes with?
10. Who decides not to risk going with the other women who try to escape?
11. What are the women told to do when first entering the concentration camp?
(b) Undress for a shower.
(c) Organize their belongings.
(d) Lie down.
12. Who is alone in "Chapter 19"?
(c) Aunt Rose.
(d) Aunt Eva.
13. What will happen to the women if they do not work hard?
(a) They will die.
(b) They will not be freed.
(c) They will not be paid.
(d) They will not receive food.
14. What best describes the Commandant?
(a) Small, muscular, loud.
(b) Tall, muscular, loud.
(c) Tall, handsome, quiet.
(d) Small, handsome, quiet.
15. Who's life does Hannah save by taking their place at Lilith's Cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Hannah a metal bowl for food, washing and drinking?
2. When the Commandant arrives, what do the women and girls do?
3. Who emigrated to Israel after surviving the concentration camps?
4. Who awakens Hannah one night and gives her a pair of shoes before taking her to the door?
5. Why is Hannah told not to touch Tzipporah?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)