|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is given to Hannah to put in her hair for the wedding?
(a) Pink ribbons.
(b) Yellow baretts.
(c) Blue baretts.
(d) Blue ribbons.
2. What name does Hannah say is not hers?
3. Who knocks on the door when Hannah is having breakfast?
(d) Uncle Sam.
4. Why is Shmuel unable to sleep?
(a) He is worried about Hannah.
(b) He is worried about the Nazis.
(c) He is worried about getting married.
(d) He is worried about Fayge's father.
5. What type of conversation is said to occur between Rabbi Boruch, Shmuel and the Nazi leader?
6. Who no longer thinks Eva is wise and magical?
(a) Grandpa Will.
(b) Grandma Belle.
7. What is the Seder game that is played supposed to uncover?
(a) Feelings of love.
(b) The order of the nations.
(c) True companionship.
(d) The order of the universe.
8. What does one woman realize about their child while crammed into a wooden boxcar?
(a) Her child can't speak.
(b) Her child is ill.
(c) Her child is dead.
(d) Her child is missing.
9. What story does Hannah tell her friends before the arrival of the soldiers?
(a) The Scrooge.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Hansel and Gretel.
10. Who helped raise Hannah's father?
(c) Grandpa Belle.
(d) Grandpa Will.
11. What does Hannah complain that all Jewish holidays are about?
12. Who does Hannah say can be her second best friend?
13. What does the badchan remind Hannah of?
(a) A court jester.
(b) A baby.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A soldier.
14. Who gathers before soldiers at the wedding?
(a) Other soldiers.
(b) The wedding party.
(c) The children.
(d) The villagers.
15. What does Hannah think the badchan is missing?
(b) A smile.
(c) A cap and bells.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not in a concentration camp?
2. What does Hannah taste in her mouth when she is taken away by the soldiers?
3. What does Grandpa Will display when watching TV?
4. Who is hired to make up rhymes, sing songs and tell fortunes?
5. What are the villagers herded into?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)