|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah taste in her mouth when she is taken away by the soldiers?
(b) Bitter herbs.
2. What does the badchan remind Hannah of?
(a) A baby.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A court jester.
3. Who lost both of their parents to the Nazis?
(a) Hannah's father.
(b) Grandma Belle.
(c) Hannah's mother.
(d) Grandpa Will.
4. Who is described as a breathless girl?
5. What ritual feast does Hannah and her family celebrate?
(a) Christmas Eve.
6. Who is hired to make up rhymes, sing songs and tell fortunes?
(b) A soldier.
(c) A badchan.
(d) A villager.
7. Who says the Nazis will prevent the marriage of Shmuel and Fayge?
8. How does the wedding party get to the wedding destination?
(a) By boat.
(b) By horse.
(c) By wagon.
(d) By walking and by wagon.
9. Why is Shmuel unable to sleep?
(a) He is worried about the Nazis.
(b) He is worried about Hannah.
(c) He is worried about getting married.
(d) He is worried about Fayge's father.
10. What religious text must Aaron recite from?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Scripture.
(d) The Haggadah.
11. Who are Yitzchak's children?
(a) Reuven and Gitl.
(b) Eva and Rose.
(c) Chaya and Tzipporah.
(d) Reuven and Tzipporah.
12. Who tells stories to their friends on the way to the wedding?
13. Who is Hannah introduced to?
(a) Rachel and Yente.
(b) Rachel and Esther.
(c) Shifre, Esther, Yente.
(d) Shifre and Yente.
14. What type of conversation is said to occur between Rabbi Boruch, Shmuel and the Nazi leader?
15. What village does the wedding of Shmuel take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the people must go with the Nazis in their trucks?
2. What does Aaron recite perfectly at Seder?
3. Where does Hannah live?
4. What does Hannah get to try on Passover?
5. What does one woman realize about their child while crammed into a wooden boxcar?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)