|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah taste in her mouth when she is taken away by the soldiers?
(a) Bitter herbs.
2. What story does Hannah tell her friends before the arrival of the soldiers?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) The Scrooge.
3. What does Hannah complain that all Jewish holidays are about?
4. What are the villagers herded into?
(a) A train.
(c) Wooden boxcars.
(d) A jail cell.
5. Where does Hannah live?
(a) Plymouth, MA.
(b) New York City, NY.
(c) Rochelle, MA.
(d) New Rochelle, NY.
6. What are Hannah's new friends thrilled by?
(a) Hannah's clothes.
(b) Hannah's ribbons.
(c) Hannah's smile.
(d) Hannah's stories.
7. Who is the rabbi's favorite child?
8. Who does Hannah say can be her second best friend?
9. What name does Hannah say is not hers?
10. When Hannah laughs at the badchan, what do the other girls do?
(a) Shake their heads at her.
(b) Laugh with her.
(c) Frown at her.
(d) Laugh at her.
11. Who lets Fayge marry for love instead of through a traditional, arranged marriage?
(a) Rabbi Bunst.
(b) Rabbi Bort.
(c) Rabbi Boruch.
(d) Rabbi Borsh.
12. Why is Shmuel unable to sleep?
(a) He is worried about getting married.
(b) He is worried about Fayge's father.
(c) He is worried about the Nazis.
(d) He is worried about Hannah.
13. What English word does Aaron mispronounce?
14. Who is hired to make up rhymes, sing songs and tell fortunes?
(a) A soldier.
(c) A badchan.
(d) A villager.
15. Why is Hannah instructed to open the front door at the Seder Ceremony?
(a) To let Elijah enter.
(b) The let a policeman enter.
(c) To let Uncle Dan in.
(d) To let Uncle Sam in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual feast does Hannah and her family celebrate?
2. What town do Hannah and Shmuel discuss?
3. What is taken from the villagers by the Nazi soldiers?
4. Who never married?
5. Who gathers before soldiers at the wedding?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)