|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shmuel unable to sleep?
(a) He is worried about Fayge's father.
(b) He is worried about the Nazis.
(c) He is worried about Hannah.
(d) He is worried about getting married.
2. What does Hannah empty her wine into?
(a) The kitchen sink.
(b) A goblet meant for Elijah.
(c) A potted plant.
(d) The toilet.
3. While Hannah is eating bitter herbs on Easter Sunday, what will her friend Rosemary be eating?
(d) Jelly beans.
4. Who lives with Will and Belle?
(a) Hannah's mother.
(d) Hannah's cousin.
5. What does the dress Hannah is given to wear to the wedding look like?
(a) A candy cane.
(b) An angel's garb.
(c) Peasant cloth.
(d) A sailor suit.
6. Who is the rabbi's favorite child?
7. What are Hannah's new friends thrilled by?
(a) Hannah's stories.
(b) Hannah's ribbons.
(c) Hannah's smile.
(d) Hannah's clothes.
8. Who makes predictions of doom involving the idea of going with the Nazi soldiers?
(d) The badchan.
9. What does Aaron search for when playing a Passover game?
(b) A dreidel.
(d) A cookie.
10. Where does one many say he heard the Jews were being resettled to?
11. Who drew numbers on their arm when they were young?
(c) Uncle Sam.
12. What does the badchan remind Hannah of?
(a) A baby.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A monkey.
13. Where do the trucks of villagers finally arrive?
(a) A farm.
(b) A pond.
(c) A train station.
(d) A lake.
14. What does Grandpa Will display when watching TV?
(a) His tattooed ankle.
(b) His scarred leg.
(c) The tattooed concentration camp number on his arm.
(d) His scarred arm.
15. When Hannah laughs at the badchan, what do the other girls do?
(a) Frown at her.
(b) Laugh at her.
(c) Shake their heads at her.
(d) Laugh with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers make the villagers do when they are taken out of the truck?
2. What ritual feast does Hannah and her family celebrate?
3. Who does Hannah say is her best friend?
4. How old is Hannah in the story?
5. Who helped raise Hannah's father?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)