Chapters 1 - 2
• Hannah is introduced; she is at home in New Rochelle, New York on the Jewish holiday of Passover.
• Hannah does not want to go to her grandparent's home for the first Seder of Passover because she knows it will be boring.
• Hannah says that all Jewish holidays are about remembering and she is tired of remembering.
• Hannah's little brother, Aaron, complains that he is worried about reciting a religious text called the Haggadah.
• Hannah arrives at her grandparent's house; it is made known that Hannah is thirteen.
• Grandpa Will sits in front of the TV screaming at images of Nazi concentration camp victims and survivors.
• Aunt Eva is introduced; she is said to have never married and lives with her brother, Will, and his wife, Belle.
• Hannah recalls a conversation with her friend, Rosemary, that involved them trying to guess why Eve never married.
• Hanna likes...
This section contains 1,983 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)