|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what do multiple times when she is in the office waiting for Miranda to arrive?
(a) Revises Miranda's schedule for the day.
(b) Checks herself in the mirror.
(c) Makes Miranda's breakfast.
(d) Calls Emily on the phone.
2. Where does Andrea go after seeing Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) Back to the Runway offices.
(b) Her own apartment.
(c) Miranda's to drop off The Book.
(d) To Alex's apartment.
3. After Andrea and Alex argue, what does Alex decide?
(a) That they should move in together.
(b) That Andrea should quit her job.
(c) That they should get engaged.
(d) That they need some time apart.
4. Where does Andrea go to buy coffee when she hears Miranda is on her way to the office in Chapter 9?
(a) The Runway cafeteria.
(b) The Coffee Bean.
(d) Café du Monde.
5. What does Miranda berate Andrea for after their elevator ride in Chapter 13?
(a) Taking so long when Miranda sends her on errands.
(b) Dropping Miranda's silk scarf on the floor.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Making personal calls at work.
6. Because Emily is ill, what must Andrea do in her stead?
(a) Interview girls for the position of nanny to Miranda's daughters.
(b) Pick up Miranda's daughters from school everyday.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Deliver The Book to Miranda every night.
7. What does Alex request of Andrea in an email in Chapter 12?
(a) That she meets him at noon.
(b) That she calls her mother when she gets home.
(c) That she calls him at 3:30.
(d) That she gets home by 10:00.
8. After not being able to find the article Miranda ordered her to locate, what does Andrea begin to dread in Chapter 13?
(a) Having to call the newspapers to inquire about it directly.
(b) Having to ask Emily to help.
(c) Having to look through dozens more newspapers.
(d) Having to ask Miranda for more information.
9. What does Lily have to say about Christian kissing Andrea?
(a) That it's old fashioned.
(b) That it's gross.
(c) That it's a bit forward.
(d) That it's no big deal.
10. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
(a) New York traffic.
(b) The weather.
(c) Her uncomfortable shoes.
(d) Working for Miranda.
11. Where does Miranda go for two weeks in Chapter 12?
12. What excuse does Andrea make for Lily's behavior in Chapter 9?
(a) Lily is sick.
(b) Lily's life is stressful.
(c) Lily is making up for lost time.
(d) Lily likes to have fun.
13. Who is Benjamin?
(a) A junior editor.
(b) Andrea's cousin.
(c) A doorman.
(d) Lily's ex-boyfriend.
14. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Watches her favorite TV show.
(b) Flirts with Christian.
(c) Goes drinking with Lily.
(d) Starts writing a short story.
15. What is Miranda's schedule of daily activities called?
(a) The book.
(b) The bulletin.
(c) The bible.
(d) The list.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Andrea made arrangements to do at the coffee shop?
2. What does Lily get angry at Andrea for in Chapter 11?
3. What does Miranda make Andrea do which ruins Andrea's dinner plans in Chapter 14?
4. What does Alex say he made arrangements for he and Andrea to attend?
5. What did Andrea notice about Miranda while she was at the Met?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)