|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrea sit alone after speaking to Alex at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Outside Miranda's office.
(b) On a street corner.
(c) On her balcony.
(d) In her bedroom.
2. What does Miranda make Andrea do which ruins Andrea's dinner plans in Chapter 14?
(a) Catalogue the photos a videos from Miranda's family vacation.
(b) Help out at a late night photoshoot.
(c) Clear up a miscommunication at the printing plant.
(d) Attend the party Miranda is throwing that evening.
3. Why does Miranda send Andrea to get her another coffee?
(a) Miranda thinks hers is too cold.
(b) Miranda doesn't like the taste of the one Andrea brought.
(c) Miranda wants a different coffee brand.
(d) Miranda spills the one Andrea brings her.
4. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
(a) One that sells grandfather clocks.
(b) One that sells imported rugs.
(c) One that sells antique dressers.
(d) One that sells vintage kitchenware.
5. What does Lily suggest when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) That they should all go for a drink.
(b) That they should go to a comedy club.
(c) That they should go get some coffee.
(d) They they should go for some Chinese food.
6. In Chapter 12, when does Andrea realize she forgot to do what Alex asked her to?
(a) The next morning.
(b) 11 o'clock.
(d) 9 o'clock.
7. What illness does Emily come down with in Chapter 15?
(b) The flu.
8. What is Alex excited about in Chapter 13?
(a) That Andrea will have three days off.
(b) A breakthrough with one of his students.
(c) A free trip he won to Atlantic City.
(d) His brother's engagement.
9. What does Andrea notice when Miranda goes away in Chapter 12?
(a) There is less work to do.
(b) The whole Runway office is more relaxed.
(c) Miranda becomes even more demanding.
(d) Emily is nicer to Andrea.
10. Because Emily is ill, what must Andrea do in her stead?
(a) Deliver The Book to Miranda every night.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Pick up Miranda's daughters from school everyday.
(d) Interview girls for the position of nanny to Miranda's daughters.
11. What condition is Lily in when Andrea finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) She is sick with a fever.
(b) She is high on drugs.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is drunk and babbling.
12. How long will Emily be away from work due to her illness?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Three weeks.
13. What kind of article does Andrea spend the morning trying to locate for Miranda in Chapter 13?
(a) A restaurant review.
(b) A piece about fashion week.
(c) A film review.
(d) An op-ed letter.
14. In which month does Emily say she will be going on a trip with Miranda?
15. What does Andrea take Lily out to celebrate in Chapter 13?
(a) Moving in together.
(b) Lily's new job.
(c) Lily's brithday.
(d) The end of Lily's school semester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Illana makes a comment about Miranda's behavior?
2. After not being able to find the article Miranda ordered her to locate, what does Andrea begin to dread in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 9, what do multiple times when she is in the office waiting for Miranda to arrive?
4. What does Miranda berate Andrea for after their elevator ride in Chapter 13?
5. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)