|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Andrea arrive at work at in Chapter 9?
(a) At noon.
(b) At 8:00 AM.
(c) Before 7:00 AM.
(d) At 9:30 AM.
2. What does Lily notice when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) That Christian looks like Alex.
(b) Christian is wearing a ring.
(c) Andrea's attraction to Christian.
(d) Andrea doesn't look happy to see him.
3. What does Andrea try to talk to Lily about in Chapter 14?
(a) The fight Andrea and Alex had.
(b) Her drinking problem.
(c) The trouble Andrea is having at work.
(d) That Lily is behind on rent.
4. In Chapter 9, what do multiple times when she is in the office waiting for Miranda to arrive?
(a) Makes Miranda's breakfast.
(b) Calls Emily on the phone.
(c) Revises Miranda's schedule for the day.
(d) Checks herself in the mirror.
5. What kind of article does Andrea spend the morning trying to locate for Miranda in Chapter 13?
(a) A piece about fashion week.
(b) An op-ed letter.
(c) A restaurant review.
(d) A film review.
6. Where does Andrea go to buy coffee when she hears Miranda is on her way to the office in Chapter 9?
(a) The Coffee Bean.
(c) The Runway cafeteria.
(d) Café du Monde.
7. Because Emily is ill, what must Andrea do in her stead?
(a) Deliver The Book to Miranda every night.
(b) Interview girls for the position of nanny to Miranda's daughters.
(c) Pick up Miranda's daughters from school everyday.
(d) Go to Paris.
8. What does Christian's agent tell Andrea to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Stand up to Miranda.
(b) Start submitting articles to magazines as a freelancer.
(c) Check out a column Christian will have in tomorrow's paper.
(d) Contact him when she's ready to have an agent.
9. What does Lily suggest when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) That they should all go for a drink.
(b) They they should go for some Chinese food.
(c) That they should go get some coffee.
(d) That they should go to a comedy club.
10. Where does Christian invite Andrea to go in Chapter 9?
(a) A book launch party.
(b) A jazz concert.
(c) An awards dinner for writers.
(d) A new restaurant.
11. Because of Emily's illness, what will Andrea not be able to do with Alex?
(a) Go to homecoming weekend.
(b) Attend his brother's wedding.
(c) Go home for Thanksgiving with him.
(d) Meet him for their weekly Wednesday dinners.
12. Where does the article Miranda wanted Andrea to find end up being?
(a) In the LA Times.
(b) In The New Yorker magazine.
(c) In the Chicago Tribune.
(d) In the Washington Post.
13. What does Jeffy bring Andrea in Chapter 10?
(a) A copy of Christian's latest work.
(b) A pile of paper work.
(c) Bags of clothes.
(d) A stack of Runway back issues.
14. What condition is Lily in when Andrea finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) She is sick with a fever.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is high on drugs.
(d) She is drunk and babbling.
15. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
(a) Working for Miranda.
(b) The weather.
(c) Her uncomfortable shoes.
(d) New York traffic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alex unhappy when Andrea meets him in Chapter 9?
2. What job does Miranda ask Emily to line up candidates for in Chapter 12?
3. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
4. What does Christian tease Andrea about on the phone in Chapter 9?
5. After hearing about what happened to Lily in Chapter 11, why is Andrea upset?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)