|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After not being able to find the article Miranda ordered her to locate, what does Andrea begin to dread in Chapter 13?
(a) Having to ask Miranda for more information.
(b) Having to ask Emily to help.
(c) Having to look through dozens more newspapers.
(d) Having to call the newspapers to inquire about it directly.
2. What does Andrea take Lily out to celebrate in Chapter 13?
(a) Moving in together.
(b) Lily's new job.
(c) Lily's brithday.
(d) The end of Lily's school semester.
3. What does Lily suggest when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) That they should all go for a drink.
(b) That they should go get some coffee.
(c) That they should go to a comedy club.
(d) They they should go for some Chinese food.
4. What does Lily notice when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) Andrea's attraction to Christian.
(b) Christian is wearing a ring.
(c) That Christian looks like Alex.
(d) Andrea doesn't look happy to see him.
5. Who is Miranda planning a dinner party for in Chapter 11?
(a) Runway's CEO.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her best friend.
6. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
(a) One that sells vintage kitchenware.
(b) One that sells imported rugs.
(c) One that sells antique dressers.
(d) One that sells grandfather clocks.
7. What did Andrea notice about Miranda while she was at the Met?
(a) Miranda has a lot of friends.
(b) Miranda was bored.
(c) Miranda really admired the art.
(d) Miranda seemed lonely.
8. What does Andrea try to talk to Lily about in Chapter 14?
(a) The fight Andrea and Alex had.
(b) That Lily is behind on rent.
(c) The trouble Andrea is having at work.
(d) Her drinking problem.
9. What amazes Andrea at the event at the Met?
(a) That Miranda commends her for her work.
(b) That there are so many famous people there.
(c) That Miranda is such a good hostess.
(d) That she actually looks like she fits in.
10. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
(a) She visits Andrea at work.
(b) She drinks.
(c) She goes to the movies.
(d) She sleeps.
11. What time does Andrea arrive at work at in Chapter 9?
(a) Before 7:00 AM.
(b) At 8:00 AM.
(c) At 9:30 AM.
(d) At noon.
12. What excuse does Andrea make for Lily's behavior in Chapter 9?
(a) Lily's life is stressful.
(b) Lily likes to have fun.
(c) Lily is making up for lost time.
(d) Lily is sick.
13. Why isn't Lily at the apartment when Andrea arrives to move in?
(a) She is out getting breakfast.
(b) She is still at home in bed.
(c) She has been arrested.
(d) She is at the hospital.
14. What does Lily call to tell Andrea as Andrea is making her second trip to the coffee shop?
(a) That Lily can't find her text book.
(b) That Lily wants to meet for lunch.
(c) That Lily has been evicted.
(d) That Lily is sick in bed.
15. Why is Alex unhappy when Andrea meets him in Chapter 9?
(a) Alex has been arguing with Lily.
(b) Lily is drunk.
(c) Andrea is three hours late.
(d) Andrea forgot it was their anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily ask to convince Miranda that she is very ill?
2. Where does Emily say she will be going on a trip with Miranda?
3. Who alerts Andrea to Miranda's impending arrival in Chapter 9?
4. What happens when Illana makes a comment about Miranda's behavior?
5. What does Lily have to say about Christian kissing Andrea?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)