|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex request of Andrea in an email in Chapter 12?
(a) That she calls her mother when she gets home.
(b) That she calls him at 3:30.
(c) That she meets him at noon.
(d) That she gets home by 10:00.
2. What does Alex say he made arrangements for he and Andrea to attend?
(a) A food and wine trade show.
(b) The World Series final.
(d) A rock festival.
3. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Watches her favorite TV show.
(b) Goes drinking with Lily.
(c) Flirts with Christian.
(d) Starts writing a short story.
4. Why does Lily get dumped by her boyfriend?
(a) Another man answered the phone when her boyfriend called.
(b) Lily refuses to see him until her school term is over.
(c) Lily stands him up three dates in a row.
(d) Her drinking is causing him problems.
5. What is 'the closet'?
(a) The nickname for Miranda's office.
(b) The room where Runway's personnel files are kept.
(c) The room where clothing for fashion shoots are stored.
(d) The library where Runway back issues are kept.
6. What condition is Lily in when Andrea finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is sick with a fever.
(c) She is high on drugs.
(d) She is drunk and babbling.
7. Where does Miranda go for two weeks in Chapter 12?
8. What is Miranda's schedule of daily activities called?
(a) The list.
(b) The bible.
(c) The book.
(d) The bulletin.
9. Who does Emily ask to convince Miranda that she is very ill?
(b) Emily's mother.
(d) Emily's doctor.
10. What does Christian tease Andrea about on the phone in Chapter 9?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her fashion sense.
(c) Her inability to keep track of time.
(d) Her coffee addiction.
11. Where does the article Miranda wanted Andrea to find end up being?
(a) In the Chicago Tribune.
(b) In the LA Times.
(c) In The New Yorker magazine.
(d) In the Washington Post.
12. Why does Miranda send Andrea to get her another coffee?
(a) Miranda wants a different coffee brand.
(b) Miranda doesn't like the taste of the one Andrea brought.
(c) Miranda spills the one Andrea brings her.
(d) Miranda thinks hers is too cold.
13. Who does Andrea find in bed with Lily in Chapter 14?
(b) Lily's ex-boyfriend.
(c) One of Lily's professors.
(d) A scrawny tattooed man.
14. What did Andrea notice about Miranda while she was at the Met?
(a) Miranda has a lot of friends.
(b) Miranda seemed lonely.
(c) Miranda really admired the art.
(d) Miranda was bored.
15. What does Christian's agent tell Andrea to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Check out a column Christian will have in tomorrow's paper.
(b) Contact him when she's ready to have an agent.
(c) Start submitting articles to magazines as a freelancer.
(d) Stand up to Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month does Emily say she will be going on a trip with Miranda?
2. What is Alex excited about in Chapter 13?
3. What kind of article does Andrea spend the morning trying to locate for Miranda in Chapter 13?
4. What job does Miranda ask Emily to line up candidates for in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Benjamin?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)