|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrea notice when Miranda goes away in Chapter 12?
(a) The whole Runway office is more relaxed.
(b) There is less work to do.
(c) Emily is nicer to Andrea.
(d) Miranda becomes even more demanding.
2. What image does Illana show to Andrea?
(a) Miranda's face on the body of a flamingo.
(b) Miranda's face on the body of a monkey.
(c) Miranda's face on the body of a Barbie doll.
(d) Miranda's face on the body of a snake.
3. What does Alex request of Andrea in an email in Chapter 12?
(a) That she gets home by 10:00.
(b) That she calls him at 3:30.
(c) That she calls her mother when she gets home.
(d) That she meets him at noon.
4. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Watches her favorite TV show.
(b) Goes drinking with Lily.
(c) Flirts with Christian.
(d) Starts writing a short story.
5. Who else does Andrea buy coffee for on her second trip to the coffee shop?
(b) Homeless people outside.
(d) The security guards.
6. What does Christian tease Andrea about on the phone in Chapter 9?
(a) Her inability to keep track of time.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her coffee addiction.
(d) Her fashion sense.
7. How long will Emily be away from work due to her illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
8. What has Andrea memorized for the evening at the Met?
(a) The names and faces of attendees.
(b) The seating plan.
(c) The speech Miranda is to make.
(d) The names of the works on art on display.
9. Who is Benjamin?
(a) Lily's ex-boyfriend.
(b) A doorman.
(c) A junior editor.
(d) Andrea's cousin.
10. What kind of article does Andrea spend the morning trying to locate for Miranda in Chapter 13?
(a) A film review.
(b) A piece about fashion week.
(c) An op-ed letter.
(d) A restaurant review.
11. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
(a) New York traffic.
(b) Working for Miranda.
(c) The weather.
(d) Her uncomfortable shoes.
12. What did Andrea notice about Miranda while she was at the Met?
(a) Miranda has a lot of friends.
(b) Miranda seemed lonely.
(c) Miranda really admired the art.
(d) Miranda was bored.
13. What has Andrea made arrangements to do at the coffee shop?
(a) Skip the line.
(b) Pick up a copy of the newspaper.
(c) Put her purchases on a tab.
(d) Have a special blend made.
14. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
(a) She drinks.
(b) She sleeps.
(c) She visits Andrea at work.
(d) She goes to the movies.
15. Where does Miranda go for two weeks in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Andrea make for Lily's behavior in Chapter 9?
2. What does Andrea finally decide to do in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Miranda planning a dinner party for in Chapter 11?
4. What job does Miranda ask Emily to line up candidates for in Chapter 12?
5. Why isn't Lily at the apartment when Andrea arrives to move in?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)