Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Illana?
(a) A writer at The New Yorker.
(b) A former assistant to Miranda.
(c) A representative from the Met.
(d) Miranda's sister-in-law.
2. What does Andrea do with the image Illana leaves for Andrea at her apartment?
(a) She pins it on the wall.
(b) She tears it up.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She mails it to Miranda.
3. Where is Miranda holding the dinner party she is planning in Chapter 11?
(a) Carnegie Hall.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) The New York Public Library.
(d) The Museum of Modern Art.
4. Where does Andrea sit alone after speaking to Alex at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) On her balcony.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) On a street corner.
(d) Outside Miranda's office.
5. Why does Andrea toss the lunch she got for Miranda in the trash?
(a) Miranda says Andrea ordered the wrong meal.
(b) Miranda says it looks fattening.
(c) Miranda thinks its too cold.
(d) Miranda had already eaten.
6. What does Alex say he made arrangements for he and Andrea to attend?
(a) A food and wine trade show.
(b) A rock festival.
(d) The World Series final.
7. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
(a) She drinks.
(b) She sleeps.
(c) She goes to the movies.
(d) She visits Andrea at work.
8. Where does the article Miranda wanted Andrea to find end up being?
(a) In The New Yorker magazine.
(b) In the LA Times.
(c) In the Washington Post.
(d) In the Chicago Tribune.
9. Because of Emily's illness, what will Andrea not be able to do with Alex?
(a) Go to homecoming weekend.
(b) Go home for Thanksgiving with him.
(c) Meet him for their weekly Wednesday dinners.
(d) Attend his brother's wedding.
10. Where does Christian invite Andrea to go in Chapter 9?
(a) A new restaurant.
(b) A jazz concert.
(c) An awards dinner for writers.
(d) A book launch party.
11. What amazes Andrea at the event at the Met?
(a) That she actually looks like she fits in.
(b) That Miranda is such a good hostess.
(c) That Miranda commends her for her work.
(d) That there are so many famous people there.
12. What does Andrea get for Miranda at the coffee shop?
(a) A cafe au lait.
(b) An espresso.
(c) A latte.
(d) A regular coffee.
13. Who does Andrea open a letter from in Chapter 13?
(a) A publishing company.
(b) Miranda's lawyer.
(c) Miranda's mother.
(d) A little girl.
14. How long will Emily be away from work due to her illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
15. What does Lily call to tell Andrea as Andrea is making her second trip to the coffee shop?
(a) That Lily can't find her text book.
(b) That Lily has been evicted.
(c) That Lily wants to meet for lunch.
(d) That Lily is sick in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
2. Why is Miranda angry when she calls Andrea in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Miranda go for two weeks in Chapter 12?
4. What does Lily notice when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 12, when does Andrea realize she forgot to do what Alex asked her to?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)