|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Illana?
(a) A writer at The New Yorker.
(b) A representative from the Met.
(c) Miranda's sister-in-law.
(d) A former assistant to Miranda.
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Flirts with Christian.
(b) Goes drinking with Lily.
(c) Starts writing a short story.
(d) Watches her favorite TV show.
3. What is Alex excited about in Chapter 13?
(a) His brother's engagement.
(b) A free trip he won to Atlantic City.
(c) A breakthrough with one of his students.
(d) That Andrea will have three days off.
4. What does Miranda make Andrea do which ruins Andrea's dinner plans in Chapter 14?
(a) Help out at a late night photoshoot.
(b) Attend the party Miranda is throwing that evening.
(c) Clear up a miscommunication at the printing plant.
(d) Catalogue the photos a videos from Miranda's family vacation.
5. After not being able to find the article Miranda ordered her to locate, what does Andrea begin to dread in Chapter 13?
(a) Having to look through dozens more newspapers.
(b) Having to call the newspapers to inquire about it directly.
(c) Having to ask Miranda for more information.
(d) Having to ask Emily to help.
6. What does Andrea take Lily out to celebrate in Chapter 13?
(a) The end of Lily's school semester.
(b) Moving in together.
(c) Lily's new job.
(d) Lily's brithday.
7. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
(a) One that sells vintage kitchenware.
(b) One that sells antique dressers.
(c) One that sells grandfather clocks.
(d) One that sells imported rugs.
8. What is 'the closet'?
(a) The nickname for Miranda's office.
(b) The library where Runway back issues are kept.
(c) The room where clothing for fashion shoots are stored.
(d) The room where Runway's personnel files are kept.
9. Where does Andrea sit alone after speaking to Alex at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Outside Miranda's office.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) On a street corner.
(d) On her balcony.
10. In which month does Emily say she will be going on a trip with Miranda?
11. What does Christian's agent tell Andrea to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Stand up to Miranda.
(b) Start submitting articles to magazines as a freelancer.
(c) Check out a column Christian will have in tomorrow's paper.
(d) Contact him when she's ready to have an agent.
12. What does Lily have to say about Christian kissing Andrea?
(a) That it's no big deal.
(b) That it's a bit forward.
(c) That it's gross.
(d) That it's old fashioned.
13. Why does Andrea toss the lunch she got for Miranda in the trash?
(a) Miranda had already eaten.
(b) Miranda thinks its too cold.
(c) Miranda says it looks fattening.
(d) Miranda says Andrea ordered the wrong meal.
14. What is Miranda's schedule of daily activities called?
(a) The book.
(b) The list.
(c) The bulletin.
(d) The bible.
15. What is the name of the establishment Andrea, Lily and Christian go to in Chapter 13?
(a) The Dragon Boat.
(b) Au Bar.
(d) The Laugh Shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
2. What does Andrea do with the image Illana leaves for Andrea at her apartment?
3. What is Christian's agent's name?
4. What does Lily notice when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
5. What time does Andrea arrive at work at in Chapter 9?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)