|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the article Miranda wanted Andrea to find end up being?
(a) In the LA Times.
(b) In The New Yorker magazine.
(c) In the Washington Post.
(d) In the Chicago Tribune.
2. Because Emily is ill, what must Andrea do in her stead?
(a) Go to Paris.
(b) Deliver The Book to Miranda every night.
(c) Interview girls for the position of nanny to Miranda's daughters.
(d) Pick up Miranda's daughters from school everyday.
3. What has Andrea made arrangements to do at the coffee shop?
(a) Skip the line.
(b) Put her purchases on a tab.
(c) Have a special blend made.
(d) Pick up a copy of the newspaper.
4. What is 'the closet'?
(a) The library where Runway back issues are kept.
(b) The room where Runway's personnel files are kept.
(c) The room where clothing for fashion shoots are stored.
(d) The nickname for Miranda's office.
5. Why does Lily get dumped by her boyfriend?
(a) Her drinking is causing him problems.
(b) Lily stands him up three dates in a row.
(c) Lily refuses to see him until her school term is over.
(d) Another man answered the phone when her boyfriend called.
6. How long will Emily be away from work due to her illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
7. What amazes Andrea at the event at the Met?
(a) That Miranda commends her for her work.
(b) That she actually looks like she fits in.
(c) That Miranda is such a good hostess.
(d) That there are so many famous people there.
8. In Chapter 9, what do multiple times when she is in the office waiting for Miranda to arrive?
(a) Revises Miranda's schedule for the day.
(b) Checks herself in the mirror.
(c) Calls Emily on the phone.
(d) Makes Miranda's breakfast.
9. What time does Andrea arrive at work at in Chapter 9?
(a) At 9:30 AM.
(b) At noon.
(c) Before 7:00 AM.
(d) At 8:00 AM.
10. What does Miranda berate Andrea for after their elevator ride in Chapter 13?
(a) Taking so long when Miranda sends her on errands.
(b) Making personal calls at work.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Dropping Miranda's silk scarf on the floor.
11. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
(a) She goes to the movies.
(b) She visits Andrea at work.
(c) She drinks.
(d) She sleeps.
12. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
(a) One that sells imported rugs.
(b) One that sells antique dressers.
(c) One that sells grandfather clocks.
(d) One that sells vintage kitchenware.
13. What does Alex request of Andrea in an email in Chapter 12?
(a) That she calls him at 3:30.
(b) That she calls her mother when she gets home.
(c) That she gets home by 10:00.
(d) That she meets him at noon.
14. Who else does Andrea buy coffee for on her second trip to the coffee shop?
(b) Homeless people outside.
(c) The security guards.
15. What is Alex excited about in Chapter 13?
(a) A free trip he won to Atlantic City.
(b) His brother's engagement.
(c) That Andrea will have three days off.
(d) A breakthrough with one of his students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrea do with the image Illana leaves for Andrea at her apartment?
2. Why isn't Lily at the apartment when Andrea arrives to move in?
3. What excuse does Andrea make for Lily's behavior in Chapter 9?
4. What does Andrea take Lily out to celebrate in Chapter 13?
5. What does Andrea try to talk to Lily about in Chapter 14?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)