|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what do multiple times when she is in the office waiting for Miranda to arrive?
(a) Calls Emily on the phone.
(b) Makes Miranda's breakfast.
(c) Revises Miranda's schedule for the day.
(d) Checks herself in the mirror.
2. What does Miranda make Andrea do which ruins Andrea's dinner plans in Chapter 14?
(a) Catalogue the photos a videos from Miranda's family vacation.
(b) Clear up a miscommunication at the printing plant.
(c) Attend the party Miranda is throwing that evening.
(d) Help out at a late night photoshoot.
3. What does Lily call to tell Andrea as Andrea is making her second trip to the coffee shop?
(a) That Lily wants to meet for lunch.
(b) That Lily has been evicted.
(c) That Lily can't find her text book.
(d) That Lily is sick in bed.
4. Where does Christian invite Andrea to go in Chapter 9?
(a) A new restaurant.
(b) An awards dinner for writers.
(c) A jazz concert.
(d) A book launch party.
5. Who does Emily ask to convince Miranda that she is very ill?
(a) Emily's mother.
(d) Emily's doctor.
6. What does Lily notice when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) Christian is wearing a ring.
(b) That Christian looks like Alex.
(c) Andrea's attraction to Christian.
(d) Andrea doesn't look happy to see him.
7. Why is Alex unhappy when Andrea meets him in Chapter 9?
(a) Alex has been arguing with Lily.
(b) Andrea forgot it was their anniversary.
(c) Andrea is three hours late.
(d) Lily is drunk.
8. What does Andrea finally decide to do in Chapter 9?
(a) To break up with Alex.
(b) To quit her job.
(c) To start looking for an agent.
(d) To dress in designer clothes.
9. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Watches her favorite TV show.
(b) Flirts with Christian.
(c) Goes drinking with Lily.
(d) Starts writing a short story.
10. Where does the article Miranda wanted Andrea to find end up being?
(a) In the Washington Post.
(b) In The New Yorker magazine.
(c) In the LA Times.
(d) In the Chicago Tribune.
11. What does Lily suggest when she and Andrea run into Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) That they should all go for a drink.
(b) They they should go for some Chinese food.
(c) That they should go get some coffee.
(d) That they should go to a comedy club.
12. What happens when Illana makes a comment about Miranda's behavior?
(a) Andrea starts to cry.
(b) Miranda overhears it.
(c) Andrea defends Miranda.
(d) Andrea laughs.
13. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
(a) Her uncomfortable shoes.
(b) New York traffic.
(c) The weather.
(d) Working for Miranda.
14. What does Andrea take Lily out to celebrate in Chapter 13?
(a) Lily's brithday.
(b) Lily's new job.
(c) Moving in together.
(d) The end of Lily's school semester.
15. After Andrea and Alex argue, what does Alex decide?
(a) That they should move in together.
(b) That they need some time apart.
(c) That Andrea should quit her job.
(d) That they should get engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of article does Andrea spend the morning trying to locate for Miranda in Chapter 13?
2. What does Lily have to say about Christian kissing Andrea?
3. Where does Andrea sit alone after speaking to Alex at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What does Jeffy bring Andrea in Chapter 10?
5. What does Andrea do with the image Illana leaves for Andrea at her apartment?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)