|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Andrea memorized for the evening at the Met?
(a) The speech Miranda is to make.
(b) The seating plan.
(c) The names and faces of attendees.
(d) The names of the works on art on display.
2. What is 'the closet'?
(a) The room where Runway's personnel files are kept.
(b) The room where clothing for fashion shoots are stored.
(c) The nickname for Miranda's office.
(d) The library where Runway back issues are kept.
3. What does Lily have to say about Christian kissing Andrea?
(a) That it's a bit forward.
(b) That it's old fashioned.
(c) That it's no big deal.
(d) That it's gross.
4. Who alerts Andrea to Miranda's impending arrival in Chapter 9?
(a) Miranda herself.
(b) The men at the security desk.
(c) Miranda's driver.
5. What happens when Illana makes a comment about Miranda's behavior?
(a) Andrea defends Miranda.
(b) Andrea laughs.
(c) Andrea starts to cry.
(d) Miranda overhears it.
6. Why isn't Lily at the apartment when Andrea arrives to move in?
(a) She is still at home in bed.
(b) She is out getting breakfast.
(c) She has been arrested.
(d) She is at the hospital.
7. What has Andrea made arrangements to do at the coffee shop?
(a) Pick up a copy of the newspaper.
(b) Put her purchases on a tab.
(c) Have a special blend made.
(d) Skip the line.
8. What does Andrea notice when Miranda goes away in Chapter 12?
(a) The whole Runway office is more relaxed.
(b) Miranda becomes even more demanding.
(c) There is less work to do.
(d) Emily is nicer to Andrea.
9. Where does Andrea sit alone after speaking to Alex at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) On her balcony.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) On a street corner.
(d) Outside Miranda's office.
10. Why is Alex unhappy when Andrea meets him in Chapter 9?
(a) Andrea is three hours late.
(b) Lily is drunk.
(c) Andrea forgot it was their anniversary.
(d) Alex has been arguing with Lily.
11. Who is Miranda planning a dinner party for in Chapter 11?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Runway's CEO.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her husband.
12. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
(a) One that sells antique dressers.
(b) One that sells vintage kitchenware.
(c) One that sells grandfather clocks.
(d) One that sells imported rugs.
13. After hearing about what happened to Lily in Chapter 11, why is Andrea upset?
(a) Lily lied to her.
(b) Lily could go to jail.
(c) Lily didn't call her.
(d) Lily almost died.
14. What image does Illana show to Andrea?
(a) Miranda's face on the body of a flamingo.
(b) Miranda's face on the body of a monkey.
(c) Miranda's face on the body of a snake.
(d) Miranda's face on the body of a Barbie doll.
15. What does Miranda berate Andrea for after their elevator ride in Chapter 13?
(a) Dropping Miranda's silk scarf on the floor.
(b) Taking so long when Miranda sends her on errands.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Making personal calls at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrea take Lily out to celebrate in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Miranda send Andrea to get her another coffee?
3. What does Christian tease Andrea about on the phone in Chapter 9?
4. What does Jeffy bring Andrea in Chapter 10?
5. What is Alex excited about in Chapter 13?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)