|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of Emily's illness, what will Andrea not be able to do with Alex?
(a) Go home for Thanksgiving with him.
(b) Attend his brother's wedding.
(c) Go to homecoming weekend.
(d) Meet him for their weekly Wednesday dinners.
2. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
(a) Her uncomfortable shoes.
(b) The weather.
(c) Working for Miranda.
(d) New York traffic.
3. What does Miranda berate Andrea for after their elevator ride in Chapter 13?
(a) Dropping Miranda's silk scarf on the floor.
(b) Making personal calls at work.
(c) Taking so long when Miranda sends her on errands.
(d) Her shoes.
4. Why is Alex unhappy when Andrea meets him in Chapter 9?
(a) Lily is drunk.
(b) Andrea forgot it was their anniversary.
(c) Andrea is three hours late.
(d) Alex has been arguing with Lily.
5. What amazes Andrea at the event at the Met?
(a) That Miranda is such a good hostess.
(b) That Miranda commends her for her work.
(c) That there are so many famous people there.
(d) That she actually looks like she fits in.
6. Where does Andrea go to buy coffee when she hears Miranda is on her way to the office in Chapter 9?
(a) The Runway cafeteria.
(c) The Coffee Bean.
(d) Café du Monde.
7. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Flirts with Christian.
(b) Watches her favorite TV show.
(c) Goes drinking with Lily.
(d) Starts writing a short story.
8. Because Emily is ill, what must Andrea do in her stead?
(a) Interview girls for the position of nanny to Miranda's daughters.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Pick up Miranda's daughters from school everyday.
(d) Deliver The Book to Miranda every night.
9. In Chapter 9, what kind of shop does Miranda make Andrea look for without giving her much information?
(a) One that sells antique dressers.
(b) One that sells imported rugs.
(c) One that sells grandfather clocks.
(d) One that sells vintage kitchenware.
10. After hearing about what happened to Lily in Chapter 11, why is Andrea upset?
(a) Lily lied to her.
(b) Lily didn't call her.
(c) Lily could go to jail.
(d) Lily almost died.
11. Why is Miranda angry when she calls Andrea in Chapter 9?
(a) Miranda can't find her copy of today's newspaper.
(b) Andrea hasn't put fresh flowers in the office yet.
(c) Andrea is taking too long to fetch Miranda's lunch.
(d) Andrea has forgotten to update Miranda's schedule.
12. What is 'the closet'?
(a) The room where Runway's personnel files are kept.
(b) The room where clothing for fashion shoots are stored.
(c) The nickname for Miranda's office.
(d) The library where Runway back issues are kept.
13. Who is Miranda planning a dinner party for in Chapter 11?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Runway's CEO.
14. What is Miranda's schedule of daily activities called?
(a) The book.
(b) The bible.
(c) The list.
(d) The bulletin.
15. After Andrea and Alex argue, what does Alex decide?
(a) That they should get engaged.
(b) That they need some time apart.
(c) That Andrea should quit her job.
(d) That they should move in together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex say he made arrangements for he and Andrea to attend?
2. What is Christian's agent's name?
3. What does Andrea do with the image Illana leaves for Andrea at her apartment?
4. Where does Emily say she will be going on a trip with Miranda?
5. Where is Miranda holding the dinner party she is planning in Chapter 11?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)