|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrea sit alone after speaking to Alex at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) On her balcony.
(b) Outside Miranda's office.
(c) On a street corner.
(d) In her bedroom.
2. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
(a) She goes to the movies.
(b) She visits Andrea at work.
(c) She sleeps.
(d) She drinks.
3. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Andrea do to take her mind off her troubles?
(a) Flirts with Christian.
(b) Starts writing a short story.
(c) Watches her favorite TV show.
(d) Goes drinking with Lily.
4. After not being able to find the article Miranda ordered her to locate, what does Andrea begin to dread in Chapter 13?
(a) Having to ask Emily to help.
(b) Having to ask Miranda for more information.
(c) Having to look through dozens more newspapers.
(d) Having to call the newspapers to inquire about it directly.
5. What happens when Illana makes a comment about Miranda's behavior?
(a) Andrea laughs.
(b) Andrea defends Miranda.
(c) Andrea starts to cry.
(d) Miranda overhears it.
6. What is Alex excited about in Chapter 13?
(a) His brother's engagement.
(b) A breakthrough with one of his students.
(c) That Andrea will have three days off.
(d) A free trip he won to Atlantic City.
7. What does Andrea do with the image Illana leaves for Andrea at her apartment?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She pins it on the wall.
(d) She mails it to Miranda.
8. Where does Christian kiss Andrea before going to get drinks?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On her neck.
(c) On the lips.
(d) On her cheek.
9. Who is Benjamin?
(a) A junior editor.
(b) Andrea's cousin.
(c) Lily's ex-boyfriend.
(d) A doorman.
10. What does Andrea complain about to Benjamin?
(a) Working for Miranda.
(b) The weather.
(c) New York traffic.
(d) Her uncomfortable shoes.
11. Where does Andrea go after seeing Christian in Chapter 13?
(a) To Alex's apartment.
(b) Miranda's to drop off The Book.
(c) Back to the Runway offices.
(d) Her own apartment.
12. Who is Illana?
(a) A representative from the Met.
(b) A writer at The New Yorker.
(c) A former assistant to Miranda.
(d) Miranda's sister-in-law.
13. Where does Miranda go for two weeks in Chapter 12?
14. What job does Miranda ask Emily to line up candidates for in Chapter 12?
(a) Dog walker.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Nanny to her daughters.
(d) Interior designer.
15. Where does Christian invite Andrea to go in Chapter 9?
(a) A new restaurant.
(b) A jazz concert.
(c) A book launch party.
(d) An awards dinner for writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'the closet'?
2. What does Andrea get for Miranda at the coffee shop?
3. What does Andrea finally decide to do in Chapter 9?
4. What is Miranda's schedule of daily activities called?
5. Where does the article Miranda wanted Andrea to find end up being?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)