|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the police not find at Holmes' hotel?
2. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
3. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
4. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
5. How does an official from the railroad commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Holmes kill Anna?
2. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
3. Describe the first test runs with the Ferris Wheel.
4. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
5. What does Geyer find in Toronto?
6. What eventually happens to Holmes?
7. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
8. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
9. What happens to Chicago after the Exposition is finished?
10. What is Holmes's plan in the Independence Day chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the city of Chicago before the fair to the city of Chicago after the fair. How did the fair affect the city in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
What difference did the fair make to Chicago? Did Chicago need to change? Were there negative effects of the fair as well as positive affects? How can such an event affect the mindset and confidence of a population?
Essay Topic 3
Who were Daniel Burnham and John Root? How influential were Daniel Burnham and John Root in helping to create contemporary Chicago? Why were they chosen as the chief architects?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)