Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state does Minnie have land?
2. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
3. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
4. With how many cars does the Ferris Wheel begin?
5. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
Essay Topic 1
The novel is set mostly in Chicago.
1) What meaning does Chicago bring to the novel? What would you automatically presume about a novel that was set in Chicago?
2) How different do you think today's Chicago is to the Chicago in the novel? How do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's Chicago?
3) How do you think the Chicago settings of the novel contributes to the novel's dark tone?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Larson use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Holmes choose the women he did as his wives? What similar characteristics did they have? What kind of woman would have proven to be Holmes' downfall?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)