Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
2. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
3. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
4. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
5. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to George Ferris?
2. What happens to Millet in the Aboard the Olympic chapter?
3. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
4. Describe the first test runs with the Ferris Wheel.
5. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
6. What difference does the painter Millet make?
7. What does Geyer find in Toronto?
8. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
9. How does Holmes kill Anna?
10. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
Essay Topic 1
What difference did the fair make to Chicago? Did Chicago need to change? Were there negative effects of the fair as well as positive affects? How can such an event affect the mindset and confidence of a population?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Burnham's role in making the Exposition a success.
1) Should Burnham should be regarded as a hero for how he persevered with the Exposition?
2) What role did the other workers play in the success? What do the students think would have happened if Burnham had given up?
3) How important is a leader to such an effort?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways has Chicago always been linked with crime? What other criminals are linked with the city? How is Chicago's reputation for crime influenced through its representation in popular culture? What difference do the students think the Exposition made to crime in the city?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)