|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people die from an explosion?
2. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(b) A tornado
(d) A windstorm
3. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(b) The Columbian Guards
(c) Government officials
(d) Exposition officials
4. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He freezes to death.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He drowns.
5. How many people arrive for Independence Day at the fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body do they find at the end of the chapter?
2. Where does Geyer return to until August?
3. What does a New York editor call for other New York editors to do for Chicago?
4. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
5. What is Burnham not told about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
2. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
3. What is Holmes's plan in the Independence Day chapter?
4. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
5. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
6. What eventually happens to Holmes?
7. What eventually happens to Burnham and his wife?
8. How does Holmes kill Anna?
9. Why does the New York editor want his fellow editors to apologize to Chicago?
10. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)