|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Howard Pitezel
(b) Benjamin Pitezel
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
(d) Ned Connor
2. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(a) Exposition officials
(b) The Columbian Guards
(d) Government officials
3. Where does Geyer begin his search?
(b) El Paso
(d) George Town
4. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
(a) Heavy breathing
(b) The approach of death
(d) God's voice
5. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(a) Open longer
(b) Donate their profits to the fair
(d) Hang out flags and other decorations
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man pick up from Holmes' hotel later that night?
2. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
3. Holmes' hotel always smells of __________________.
4. How many people arrive for Independence Day at the fair?
5. What are the names of the three children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Millet in the Aboard the Olympic chapter?
2. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
3. How does the Exposition influence America?
4. What do the police find in Holmes' hotel?
5. Why does Burnham have to raise attendance?
6. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
7. How does Holmes kill Anna?
8. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
9. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
10. What happens to George Ferris?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)