|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
(a) In a week
(b) An hour
(c) Two hours
(d) Half an hour
2. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
(b) God's voice
(c) The approach of death
(d) Heavy breathing
3. In which state does Minnie have land?
(c) North Carolina
(d) New York
4. On what day does Harrison announce his upcoming marriage?
(a) American Farm Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) Columbus Day
(d) American Cities Day
5. Why did Burnham ignore most of Olmsted's advice?
(a) Olmsted does not know what is really happening.
(b) He wants to keep control.
(c) The advice is awful.
(d) The fair is doing very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the footprint belong?
2. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
3. What does the fact that Prendergast had one chamber in his empty gun show about him?
4. What are the names of the three children?
5. What evidence do the police have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
2. What happens to George Ferris?
3. Why does Burnham have to raise attendance?
4. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
5. In what way can the characters of Burnham and Holmes be compared?
6. Describe the first test runs with the Ferris Wheel.
7. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
8. What do the police find in Holmes' hotel?
9. What happens to Olmstead in the Recessional chapter?
10. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)