|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
2. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
(c) Rotate faster
3. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(b) Donate their profits to the fair
(c) Open longer
(d) Hang out flags and other decorations
4. Whose bodies does Geyer find in Toronto?
(a) Alice and Nellie
(b) Jackie and Emeline
(c) Georgina and Mrs. Lawrence
(d) Howard and Anna
5. How many people arrive for Independence Day at the fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sullivan blame for most of his problems?
2. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
3. Who did Omsted write to say what people thought of the Exposition?
4. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
5. What did Olmsted ask the people he met on his travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Geyer find out about the children in Indianapolis?
2. What happens to George Ferris?
3. In what way can the characters of Burnham and Holmes be compared?
4. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
5. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
6. What is Holmes's plan in the Independence Day chapter?
7. What does Geyer find in Toronto?
8. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
9. Describe Prendergast's visit to the City Hall.
10. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)