|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes take to the hotel with him?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence
(c) Mrs. Burnham
2. Where is Burnham buried?
(a) Horace cemetery in Memphis
(b) Hollywood cemetery in Los Angeles
(c) Graceland cemetery in Chicago
(d) Leper cemetery in Los Angeles
3. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
(a) The HMS Rose
(b) The Daisy Stem
(c) The Olympic
(d) The Titanic
4. On what day does Harrison announce his upcoming marriage?
(a) Independence Day
(b) American Farm Day
(c) Columbus Day
(d) American Cities Day
5. What is Burnham not told about?
(a) An accident on the Ferris Wheel
(b) His son's death
(c) A fire
(d) A profit loss
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the footprint belong?
2. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
3. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
4. Who carries out Holmes' burial instructions?
5. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
2. What eventually happens to Holmes?
3. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
4. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
5. What happens to the Ferris Wheel during the windstorm?
6. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
7. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
8. What do the police find in Holmes' hotel?
9. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
10. Why does the New York editor want his fellow editors to apologize to Chicago?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)