|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
(a) Harrison's funeral
(b) Major elections
(c) Columbus Day
(d) A ball
2. On what day does Harrison announce his upcoming marriage?
(a) American Farm Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) American Cities Day
(d) Columbus Day
3. How many weeks are left to the end of the Exposition?
4. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(a) A specimen
(c) A reincarnation
(d) An exhibit
5. What is the role of the retrenchment committee?
(a) To increase attendance
(b) To investigate expenditure
(c) To cut spending
(d) To investigate health and safety
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
2. What evidence do the police have?
3. Whose World's Fair attendance record does Chicago beat?
4. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
5. To where has the chambermaid moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
2. How does Holmes occupy himself in prison?
3. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
4. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
5. What is Holmes's plan in the Independence Day chapter?
6. What does Geyer find in Toronto?
7. What happens to Olmstead in the Recessional chapter?
8. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
9. How does the Exposition influence America?
10. Describe Prendergast's visit to the City Hall.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)