|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say Anna should start studying?
2. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(b) Donate their profits to the fair
(c) Hang out flags and other decorations
(d) Open longer
3. Who is in charge of finding the three children?
(a) Dr. Holmes
(b) Frank Geyer
(c) Howard Pitezel
(d) Jack Ohio
4. The Royal Emissary looks upon Mrs. Palmer as _______________.
(a) an innkeepers' wife
(b) a blacksmith's wife
(c) a servant
(d) a slave
5. Where does Mrs. Pitezel learn that her children's bodies have been discovered?
(a) A telegram office
(b) On the radio
(c) The police station
(d) In the newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burnham fear the Retrenchment Committee will do?
2. Olsted left the completion of the Exposition to _________.
3. Who does Susan Anthony meet at the fair?
4. Which of the following do the police not find at Holmes' hotel?
5. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
2. What do Minnie and Anna see at the fair?
3. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
4. What happens to the Ferris Wheel during the windstorm?
5. How does Holmes kill Anna?
6. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
7. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
8. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
9. What eventually happens to Holmes?
10. Why does the New York editor want his fellow editors to apologize to Chicago?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)