|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state does Minnie have land?
(a) North Carolina
(c) New York
2. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(a) Open longer
(b) Donate their profits to the fair
(d) Hang out flags and other decorations
3. Whose bodies does Geyer find in Toronto?
(a) Howard and Anna
(b) Jackie and Emeline
(c) Alice and Nellie
(d) Georgina and Mrs. Lawrence
4. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He freezes to death.
(d) He drowns.
5. In which month does the attendance rise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
2. Where does Holmes state that Howard is?
3. Who does Sullivan blame for most of his problems?
4. Who does Burnhan want to lower their rates?
5. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Exposition influence America?
2. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
3. What eventually happens to Burnham and his wife?
4. What happens to Millet in the Aboard the Olympic chapter?
5. What happens to George Ferris?
6. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
7. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
8. What happens in Mr. Chamberlain's office in the Departure chapter?
9. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
10. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)