|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Pitezel learn that her children's bodies have been discovered?
(a) A telegram office
(b) The police station
(c) On the radio
(d) In the newspaper
2. Who carries out Holmes' burial instructions?
(a) His wife
(b) His attorney
(c) John King
(d) His mother
3. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(a) An exhibit
(c) A reincarnation
(d) A specimen
4. To where has the chambermaid moved?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
5. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
2. Why did Burnham ignore most of Olmsted's advice?
3. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
4. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
5. Who does Burnham have to satisfy by keeping the attendance high?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Minnie and Anna see at the fair?
2. What happens to George Ferris?
3. Why does the New York editor want his fellow editors to apologize to Chicago?
4. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
5. What do the police find in Holmes' hotel?
6. How does Holmes kill Anna?
7. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
8. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
9. What happens to Millet in the Aboard the Olympic chapter?
10. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)