|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
(a) The opening of Holmes' hotel
(b) Independence Day celebration
(c) The opening of the Ferris Wheel
(d) Burnham's birthday
2. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
(a) Scrap metal
(c) A tourist attraction
(d) A water mill
3. What evidence do the police have?
(a) Children's toys
(c) Foot prints
4. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(a) A windstorm
(d) A tornado
5. In which month does the attendance rise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
2. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
3. How many people die from an explosion?
4. To whom does the footprint belong?
5. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Olmstead in the Recessional chapter?
2. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
3. What does Geyer find out about the children in Indianapolis?
4. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
5. How does Holmes occupy himself in prison?
6. What eventually happens to Holmes?
7. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
8. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
9. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
10. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)