|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose skeleton do the police find?
(b) Mrs Lawrence's
2. Who does Burnham have to satisfy by keeping the attendance high?
(c) Local businessmen
3. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(a) Donate their profits to the fair
(b) Hang out flags and other decorations
(d) Open longer
4. Where does Geyer begin his search?
(a) George Town
(c) El Paso
5. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man pick up from Holmes' hotel later that night?
2. What did Frank Haven Hall invent?
3. Who is Prendergast introduced to at the City Hall?
4. Where does Holmes state that Howard is?
5. What evidence do the police have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to George Ferris?
2. What happens to Chicago after the Exposition is finished?
3. What happens to the Ferris Wheel during the windstorm?
4. Why does Burnham have to raise attendance?
5. What happens to Olmstead in the Recessional chapter?
6. What happens in Mr. Chamberlain's office in the Departure chapter?
7. Describe Prendergast's visit to the City Hall.
8. Why does Burnham not listen to advice from Olmsted?
9. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
10. What eventually happens to Burnham and his wife?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)