|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(a) Exposition officials
(b) Government officials
(d) The Columbian Guards
2. Whose body do they find at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Pitezel's
(b) Mrs. Lawrence's
3. How many people arrive for Independence Day at the fair?
4. Who attends in place of Ferris?
5. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(a) A tornado
(d) A windstorm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Burnham have to satisfy by keeping the attendance high?
2. To whom does the footprint belong?
3. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
4. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
5. Whose World's Fair attendance record does Chicago beat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Millet in the Aboard the Olympic chapter?
2. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
3. What tragedy occurs in the Rising Wave chapter?
4. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
5. Why does the New York editor want his fellow editors to apologize to Chicago?
6. What eventually happens to Burnham and his wife?
7. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
8. What happens to Chicago after the Exposition is finished?
9. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
10. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)