|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries out Holmes' burial instructions?
(a) John King
(b) His mother
(c) His attorney
(d) His wife
2. The Royal Emissary looks upon Mrs. Palmer as _______________.
(a) a blacksmith's wife
(b) an innkeepers' wife
(c) a slave
(d) a servant
3. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
(a) The City Hall
(b) The White House
(d) The Corporate Counsel
4. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I am the devil
(c) I want my lawyer
(d) I am innocent
5. Who does Susan Anthony meet at the fair?
(a) Wild Bill Cody
(b) D. W Griffiths
(c) Her estranged father
(d) Theodore Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the British navy boat sink?
2. In which city is Holmes' trial?
3. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
4. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
5. How does an official from the railroad commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
2. What happens to Chicago after the Exposition is finished?
3. What does McKim write in his letter in the Departures chapter?
4. What eventually happens to the Ferris wheel?
5. Why does Burnham have to raise attendance?
6. How does Holmes occupy himself in prison?
7. What eventually happens to Holmes?
8. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
9. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
10. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)