|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Aunt Sally
(b) Uncle John
(c) Uncle David
(d) Her father
2. What is the name of this chapter?
(b) World Fair Hotel
(c) Chappell Redux
(d) Cold Blood
3. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
(a) Murder place
(b) The torture chamber
(c) The love den
(d) The castle
4. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
(a) She has been kidnapped.
(b) She has killed herself.
(c) She has been murdered.
(d) She has run away.
5. Emeline is from ___________.
(a) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
2. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
3. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
4. Who is supervising landscape architect?
5. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
2. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
3. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
4. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
5. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
6. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
7. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
8. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
9. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
10. What are Holmes' initial impressions of Chicago?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)