|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the daily attendance up to the end of May?
2. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
3. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
(a) They are better designers
(b) They are better
(c) Chicago is more than cows and pigs
(d) They have money
4. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
5. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Astronomical Clock
(b) The Empire State Building
(c) The Eiffel Tower
(d) Carnary Wharf
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
2. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
3. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
4. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
5. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
2. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
3. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
4. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
5. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
6. Why are the attendances initially low?
7. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
8. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
9. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
10. How does Holmes start making good money?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)