|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what illness is John Root suffering?
2. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
3. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(c) New York
4. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
(a) June 1
(b) May 1
(c) December 15
(d) October 12
5. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason people are not coming to the exposition?
2. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
3. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
4. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
5. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
2. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
3. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
4. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
5. How does Holmes start making good money?
6. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
7. Describe Chicago before the Exposition.
8. Why does Holmes invite Anna to the fair?
9. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
10. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)