|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
2. What is the reason people are not coming to the exposition?
(a) Bad transport
(b) Chicago's crime
(c) The depression
(d) It is unsafe to travel
3. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
(a) On the blade of Holmes' sword
(b) In Holmes' kitchen
(c) On the door of Holmes' kiln
(d) Outside Holmes' walk in freezer
4. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) Chicago Hope
(c) Black CIty
(d) White City
5. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
(a) The American president
(b) Lord Roseberry
(c) D W.Griffiths
(d) The British Queen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
2. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
3. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
4. What is Alfred Trude's job?
5. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
2. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
3. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
4. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
5. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
6. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
7. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
8. Why are the attendances initially low?
9. What problems is Burnham facing in Gauntlet Dropped?
10. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)