|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supervising landscape architect?
(a) Frederick Olmsted
(b) Harry Codman
(c) John Root
(d) James Ellsworth
2. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
3. Who does the fair hire to keep fairgoers safe?
(a) Canadian Rockies
(c) The Columbian Guard
(d) The military
4. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(b) New York
5. What is the reason people are not coming to the exposition?
(a) Bad transport
(b) It is unsafe to travel
(c) Chicago's crime
(d) The depression
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes sell to Ned?
2. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
3. Emeline is from ___________.
4. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
5. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difference does the painter Millet make?
2. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
3. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
4. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
5. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
6. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
7. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
8. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
9. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
10. Why are the attendances initially low?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)