|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
(b) Love sickness
(c) Drug addiction
(d) Sex addiction
2. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) White City
(b) Chicago Hope
(d) Black CIty
3. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Uncle John
(b) Her father
(c) Uncle David
(d) Aunt Sally
4. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
(a) A gas station
(b) A newspaper shop
(c) A sweet shop
(d) A pharmacy
5. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
2. Emeline is from ___________.
3. What was the Exposition celebrating?
4. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
5. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difference does the painter Millet make?
2. Why does Burnham feel he is a failure in the At Last chapter?
3. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
4. What does Geyer find out about the children in Indianapolis?
5. What happens to George Ferris?
6. In what way can the characters of Burnham and Holmes be compared?
7. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
8. How does Holmes kill Anna?
9. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
10. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)