|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) A car engine
(b) The electricity
(c) A roller coaster
(d) The Ferris Wheel
2. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
3. Who does the fair hire to keep fairgoers safe?
(b) Canadian Rockies
(c) The Columbian Guard
(d) The military
4. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
(a) The Exposition
(c) A medical school
(d) The police station
5. What problems are happening in America during this time?
(a) Government corruption
(b) Violent storms
(c) A depression
(d) A war
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
2. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
3. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
4. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
5. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wi the Exposition like at night?
2. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
3. Why are the attendances initially low?
4. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
5. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
6. Why does Holmes invite Anna to the fair?
7. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
8. How does Holmes start making good money?
9. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
10. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)