|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emeline is from ___________.
(b) New York
2. Which character dies in this chapter?
(a) David Olmsted
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) H. H Holmes
(d) John Root
3. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
4. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
(a) If they had money
(b) If they were famous
(c) If they were a child
(d) If the government told them to
5. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
(a) Ned's wife and sister
(c) John Root
(d) Ned's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is now completely insane?
2. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
3. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
4. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
5. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
2. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
3. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
4. Why are the attendances initially low?
5. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
6. Why does Holmes invite Anna to the fair?
7. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
8. What problems is Burnham facing in Gauntlet Dropped?
9. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
10. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)