|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emeline is from ___________.
(d) New York
2. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
(a) The torture chamber
(b) Murder place
(c) The castle
(d) The love den
3. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A saloon bar
(b) A brothel
(c) An Algerian vilage
(d) A Morrocan village
4. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
(a) The Lincoln
(b) The Jackson
(c) The Washington
(d) The Wellington
5. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When she sees a cat
(b) When she sees a dog
(c) When Ned enters the room
(d) When Holmes enters the room
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
2. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
3. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
4. Who does Emeline meet just before Christmas?
5. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gertrude's attitude towards Holmes change in the Cuckolding?
2. How does Holmes kill Anna?
3. In what way can the characters of Burnham and Holmes be compared?
4. What happens to Chicago after the Exposition is finished?
5. Describe the Spanish Royal Emissary's visit to Chicago.
6. What eventually happens to Burnham and his wife?
7. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
8. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
9. Describe Chicago before the Exposition.
10. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)