|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) An Algerian vilage
(b) A saloon bar
(c) A Morrocan village
(d) A brothel
2. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) Jan Habermas
(b) David Worldtrade
(c) Gale Davis
(d) George Ferris
3. What is the reason people are not coming to the exposition?
(a) Chicago's crime
(b) Bad transport
(c) It is unsafe to travel
(d) The depression
4. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) A roller coaster
(b) The Ferris Wheel
(c) The electricity
(d) A car engine
5. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
2. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
3. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
4. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
5. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
2. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
3. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
4. How does Holmes start making good money?
5. What difference does the painter Millet make?
6. Why are the attendances initially low?
7. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
8. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
9. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
10. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)