|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
(a) The police station
(b) A medical school
(c) The Exposition
2. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Chief of construction
(b) Chief accountant
(c) Supervising landscape architect
(d) Supervising architect
3. At what newspaper does Prendergast work?
(a) The InterOcean
(b) The Chicago Times
(c) The Chicago Post
(d) The New York Times
4. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
(a) Drug addiction
(c) Love sickness
(d) Sex addiction
5. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(b) Drug addiction
(c) Sex addictin
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character dies in this chapter?
2. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
3. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
4. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
5. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
2. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
3. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
4. Describe Chicago before the Exposition.
5. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
6. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
7. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
8. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
9. How does Holmes start making good money?
10. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)