|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(b) She likes traveling.
(c) She wants to escape her husband.
(d) She wants to go to the fair.
2. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
(a) Drug addiction
(b) Sex addiction
(c) Love sickness
3. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
4. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When Holmes enters the room
(b) When Ned enters the room
(c) When she sees a dog
(d) When she sees a cat
5. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
(a) To marry her
(b) To keep Minnie on his side
(c) To keep Minnie occupied
(d) To make her less skeptical
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
2. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
3. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
4. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
5. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
2. What wi the Exposition like at night?
3. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
4. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
5. Why does Holmes invite Anna to the fair?
6. What are Holmes' initial impressions of Chicago?
7. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
8. What eventually happens to Burnham and his wife?
9. What difference does the painter Millet make?
10. Why are the attendances initially low?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)