|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) Pop tarts
(d) Juicy Fruit
2. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
3. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
(a) A pharmacy
(b) A sweet shop
(c) A gas station
(d) A newspaper shop
4. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(d) New York
5. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) Christmas Eve
(d) New Year's Day
Short Answer Questions
1. How many workers die from January to April?
2. What does Prendergast send out to influential people?
3. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
4. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
5. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
2. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
3. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
4. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
5. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
6. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
7. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
8. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
9. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
10. What wi the Exposition like at night?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)