|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
2. From what illness is John Root suffering?
3. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(b) Sex addictin
(d) Drug addiction
4. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) The electricity
(b) The Ferris Wheel
(c) A car engine
(d) A roller coaster
5. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
(a) May 1
(b) June 1
(c) October 12
(d) December 15
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emeline meet just before Christmas?
2. Who is the president of the board of architects?
3. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
4. Which character dies in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
2. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
3. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
4. Describe the first test runs with the Ferris Wheel.
5. How does the Exposition influence America?
6. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
7. What does Burnham manage to prove to the world?
8. How does Holmes react to Geyer's finding the bodies?
9. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
10. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)