|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
2. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Corporate counsel
(c) Chief architect
(d) Chief engineer
3. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
4. Emeline is from ___________.
(d) New York
5. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
2. Where do Burnham's wife and children live?
3. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
4. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
5. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wi the Exposition like at night?
2. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
3. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
4. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
5. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
6. What are Holmes' initial impressions of Chicago?
7. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
8. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
9. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
10. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)