|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
2. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
(a) To keep Minnie on his side
(b) To marry her
(c) To make her less skeptical
(d) To keep Minnie occupied
3. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
(a) Ned's wife and sister
(c) John Root
(d) Ned's daughter
4. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) Grover Cleveland
(b) W. F. Cooling
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Daniel Burnham
5. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
2. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
3. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
4. How many workers die from January to April?
5. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
2. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
3. Describe Chicago before the Exposition.
4. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
5. Why are the attendances initially low?
6. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
7. How does Gertrude's attitude towards Holmes change in the Cuckolding?
8. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
9. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
10. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)