|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
(a) The Wellington
(b) The Lincoln
(c) The Washington
(d) The Jackson
2. What does Prendergast send out to influential people?
3. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) Jan Habermas
(b) David Worldtrade
(c) Gale Davis
(d) George Ferris
4. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Eiffel Tower
(b) The Empire State Building
(c) Carnary Wharf
(d) The Astronomical Clock
5. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
(a) John Root
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) H.H. Holmes
(d) Hannah Clarke
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
2. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
3. Which city is second in the vote?
4. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
5. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
2. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
3. Why does Holmes invite Anna to the fair?
4. Describe Chicago before the Exposition.
5. Why are the attendances initially low?
6. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
7. What problems is Burnham facing in Gauntlet Dropped?
8. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
9. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
10. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)