|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(a) New York
2. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
3. What is Alfred Trude's job?
4. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Empire State Building
(b) The Astronomical Clock
(c) The Eiffel Tower
(d) Carnary Wharf
5. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
(a) The Wellington
(b) The Lincoln
(c) The Washington
(d) The Jackson
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
2. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
3. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
4. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
5. Where does Holmes' wife live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
2. What difference does the painter Millet make?
3. What are Holmes' initial impressions of Chicago?
4. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
5. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
6. How does Gertrude's attitude towards Holmes change in the Cuckolding?
7. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
8. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
9. How does Holmes start making good money?
10. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)