|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Frederick Folly
(b) Frank Millet
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Daniel Burnham
2. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
3. From what illness is John Root suffering?
4. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Astronomical Clock
(b) Carnary Wharf
(c) The Eiffel Tower
(d) The Empire State Building
5. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
(a) December 15
(b) May 1
(c) October 12
(d) June 1
Short Answer Questions
1. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
2. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
3. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
4. What does Holmes sell to Ned?
5. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
2. Why are the attendances initially low?
3. What does the Modus Operandi chapter say about Pendergast's desires as a serial killer?
4. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
5. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
6. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
7. What difference does the painter Millet make?
8. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
9. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
10. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)