|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
2. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
(a) Central Park
(b) Lincoln Park
(c) Washington Park
(d) Jackson Park
3. Which character dies in this chapter?
(a) John Root
(b) H. H Holmes
(c) Daniel Burnham
(d) David Olmsted
4. From what illness is John Root suffering?
5. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
(a) Alfred Trude
(c) Carter Harrison
(d) Davis Goddard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
2. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
3. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
4. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
5. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gertrude's attitude towards Holmes change in the Cuckolding?
2. Describe Chicago before the Exposition.
3. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
4. What problems is Burnham facing in Gauntlet Dropped?
5. Why are the attendances initially low?
6. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
7. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
8. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
9. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
10. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)