|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
(a) Drug addiction
(b) Sex addiction
(c) Love sickness
2. Who is now completely insane?
(c) Alfred Trude
3. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
4. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to go to the fair.
(b) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(c) She wants to escape her husband.
(d) She likes traveling.
5. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
(a) Get rid of evidence
(b) Find women
(c) Clean bones
(d) Mop his floors
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
2. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
3. From what illness is John Root suffering?
4. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
5. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
2. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
3. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
4. What difference does the painter Millet make?
5. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
6. Why are the attendances initially low?
7. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
8. What happens between Julia and Holmes in Remains of the Day?
9. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
10. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)