|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
(a) A medical school
(b) The police station
(d) The Exposition
2. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) Black CIty
(b) Chicago Hope
(d) White City
3. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(b) Frank Millet
(c) Frederick Folly
(d) Grover Cleveland
4. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
5. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Sophia Hayden
(b) Daisy Whiner
(c) Janet Burnham
(d) Lily Fangs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city is second in the vote?
2. Emeline is from ___________.
3. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
4. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
5. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
2. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
3. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
4. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
5. What difference does the painter Millet make?
6. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
7. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
8. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
9. What wi the Exposition like at night?
10. Why are the attendances initially low?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)