|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Cigrand
2. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Uncle John
(b) Her father
(c) Aunt Sally
(d) Uncle David
3. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) Jackson Browne
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Glover Cleveland
4. Holmes says he is the son of ______________.
(a) an English lord
(b) a Scottish lord
(c) the Spanish king
(d) an American politician
5. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
2. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
3. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
4. What does Prendergast send out to influential people?
5. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Burnham facing in Gauntlet Dropped?
2. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
3. How does Holmes start making good money?
4. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
5. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
6. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
7. Why are the attendances initially low?
8. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
9. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
10. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)