|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Eiffel Tower
(b) The Empire State Building
(c) Carnary Wharf
(d) The Astronomical Clock
2. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
3. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(b) She wants to go to the fair.
(c) She likes traveling.
(d) She wants to escape her husband.
4. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
5. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Burnham's wife and children live?
2. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
3. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
4. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
5. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
2. What does the Modus Operandi chapter say about Pendergast's desires as a serial killer?
3. What problems is Burnham facing in Gauntlet Dropped?
4. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
5. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
6. What mistake has the structural engineer made in Cold Blooded Fact?
7. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
8. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
9. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
10. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)