|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
(a) Carter Harrison
(c) Alfred Trude
(d) Davis Goddard
2. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(c) New York
3. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A brothel
(b) A saloon bar
(c) A Morrocan village
(d) An Algerian vilage
4. What does Holmes advertise in the local papers?
(a) His horse
(b) His marriage to Minnie
(c) His World's Fair Hotel
(d) His pharmacy
5. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Sophia Hayden
(b) Daisy Whiner
(c) Lily Fangs
(d) Janet Burnham
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
2. From what illness is John Root suffering?
3. From what city do three of the architects come?
4. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
5. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
2. Why does Prendergast want to help Carter Harrison?
3. What does The World's Fair Hotel chapter show about Holmes' lifestyle?
4. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
5. Why are the attendances initially low?
6. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
7. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
8. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police in Chappell Redux?
9. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
10. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)