|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Exposition celebrating?
(a) A new century
(b) Columbus' discovery of America
(d) America's independence
2. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
(a) To make her less skeptical
(b) To keep Minnie occupied
(c) To marry her
(d) To keep Minnie on his side
3. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(b) New York
4. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
5. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
(a) The castle
(b) The torture chamber
(c) The love den
(d) Murder place
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
2. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
3. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
4. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
5. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event does the Chicago Exposition celebrate?
2. What difference does the painter Millet make?
3. How does Holmes prove himself untrustworthy in Hotel for the Fair?
4. What do the architects want to achieve from the Exposition?
5. Why does Holmes invite Anna to the fair?
6. What does Burnham concede in his negotiations with the unions?
7. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
8. Describe the submission sent in by George Ferris.
9. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
10. What problems is Chicago having in the Convocation?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)