|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character dies in this chapter?
(a) David Olmsted
(b) H. H Holmes
(c) John Root
(d) Daniel Burnham
2. Which city is second in the vote?
(c) New York
3. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
(a) The British Queen
(b) Lord Roseberry
(c) The American president
(d) D W.Griffiths
4. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) Jan Habermas
(b) George Ferris
(c) David Worldtrade
(d) Gale Davis
5. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
(a) The cathredral
(b) The Rookery Building
(c) The Ferris Wheel
(d) The Court of Honor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred Trude's job?
2. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
3. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
4. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
5. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wi the Exposition like at night?
2. Why does Holmes send Pitezel to obtain Dr. Kelley's cure for alcoholism?
3. Why are the attendances initially low?
4. Why is Burnham glad Carter Harrison loses the mayoral election?
5. How does Holmes start making good money?
6. What are the two main deadlines for the Exposition?
7. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
8. What is Chicago's attitude toward missing people in the 19th century?
9. What does Pendergast say in the postcard he sends Cooling?
10. How does the death of John Root affect the architects?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)