Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
2. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(b) She wants to escape her husband.
(c) She wants to go to the fair.
(d) She likes traveling.
3. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Cigrand
4. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
(a) Depew and Holmes
(b) Burnham and Holmes
(c) Burnham and Root
(d) Depew and Root
5. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
2. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
3. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
4. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
5. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to George Ferris?
2. What happens to Millet in the Aboard the Olympic chapter?
3. How is Prendergast beginning to show that he is insane?
4. Describe the first test runs with the Ferris Wheel.
5. How does Holmes seduce Georgianna?
6. What difference does the painter Millet make?
7. What does Geyer find in Toronto?
8. How is the city of Chicago preparing for the fair in Dreadful Things Done By Girls?
9. How does Holmes kill Anna?
10. Who does Burnham invite to work on the designs for the World Exposition Fair?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)