|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Burnham charged?
(a) Criminal negligence
(c) Insurance fraud
2. What is Burnham not told about?
(a) An accident on the Ferris Wheel
(b) His son's death
(c) A fire
(d) A profit loss
3. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(a) A specimen
(b) An exhibit
(d) A reincarnation
4. Who attends in place of Ferris?
5. Whose skeleton do the police find?
(c) Mrs Lawrence's
6. Why does McKim leave so early?
(a) He hates the idea of the Exposition ending.
(b) He has an argument with Burnham.
(c) His wife is sick.
(d) He has a new job.
7. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
(c) New York
8. How many weeks are left to the end of the Exposition?
9. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
10. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His memoirs
(b) His short stories
(c) His diary
(d) His poetry
11. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
12. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I want my lawyer
(b) I am innocent
(d) I am the devil
13. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) Half a century
(b) Ten years
(c) A century
(d) 20 years
14. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
(b) Scrap metal
(c) A tourist attraction
(d) A water mill
15. Where does Mrs. Pitezel learn that her children's bodies have been discovered?
(a) The police station
(b) On the radio
(c) A telegram office
(d) In the newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
2. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
3. Who did Omsted write to say what people thought of the Exposition?
4. Whose World's Fair attendance record does Chicago beat?
5. Where does Holmes state that Howard is?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)