|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes state that Howard is?
(a) A homeless shelter
(b) Holmes' mother's house
(c) A boarding house
(d) An institution
2. To whom does the footprint belong?
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
3. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
4. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York
5. What did Olmsted ask the people he met on his travels?
(a) Had they heard of the Exposition
(b) How the Exposition was going
(c) If they had any money
(d) How old were they
6. Why did Burnham ignore most of Olmsted's advice?
(a) He wants to keep control.
(b) The advice is awful.
(c) Olmsted does not know what is really happening.
(d) The fair is doing very well.
7. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(b) A windstorm
(d) A tornado
8. What did Frank Haven Hall invent?
(b) Chewing gum
(c) The telephone
(d) A machine to type braille
9. How many weeks are left to the end of the Exposition?
10. Where does Geyer begin his search?
(a) El Paso
(c) George Town
11. What are the names of the three children?
(a) Alice, Rose and Jim
(b) Alice, Nellie and Howard
(c) Howard, Alice and Jackie
(d) Nellie, James and Alice
12. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
(a) The Chicago Councel
(b) The President
(c) The Exposition Company
(d) The Chicago mayor
13. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
14. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
(a) The White House
(c) The City Hall
(d) The Corporate Counsel
15. On what day does Harrison announce his upcoming marriage?
(a) Columbus Day
(b) American Cities Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) American Farm Day
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state does Minnie have land?
2. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
3. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
4. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
5. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)