|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say Anna should start studying?
2. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(b) Short story
3. Where is Burnham buried?
(a) Hollywood cemetery in Los Angeles
(b) Leper cemetery in Los Angeles
(c) Horace cemetery in Memphis
(d) Graceland cemetery in Chicago
4. Who attends in place of Ferris?
5. Whose skeleton do the police find?
(b) Mrs Lawrence's
6. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
(b) A tourist attraction
(c) Scrap metal
(d) A water mill
7. The Royal Emissary looks upon Mrs. Palmer as _______________.
(a) a servant
(b) a slave
(c) an innkeepers' wife
(d) a blacksmith's wife
8. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
(a) The Chicago mayor
(b) The Chicago Councel
(c) The Exposition Company
(d) The President
9. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(b) Government officials
(c) The Columbian Guards
(d) Exposition officials
10. How long does the first turn of the Ferris wheel take?
(a) 40 minutes
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 30 minutes
(d) 20 minutes
11. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Howard Pitezel
(b) Ned Connor
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
(d) Benjamin Pitezel
12. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
(c) Rotate faster
13. What does American want its cities to be after the fair?
(a) Big and brash
(b) Pretty and clean
(c) Peaceful havens
(d) Exciting, but safe
14. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
(a) God's voice
(c) The approach of death
(d) Heavy breathing
15. Why does McKim leave so early?
(a) He hates the idea of the Exposition ending.
(b) He has a new job.
(c) He has an argument with Burnham.
(d) His wife is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body do they find at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Burnham fear the Retrenchment Committee will do?
3. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
4. Holmes believes he is taking on the characteristics of __________.
5. Who is in charge of finding the three children?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)