|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a New York editor call for other New York editors to do for Chicago?
(a) Advertise the fair for free
(c) Visit the fair
(d) Donate them money
2. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
(a) God's voice
(c) Heavy breathing
(d) The approach of death
3. What does the fact that Prendergast had one chamber in his empty gun show about him?
(a) He did not want to kill himself
(b) He was thinking logically
(c) He could afford enough bullets
(d) He did not mean to kill Harrison
4. With what is Burnham charged?
(a) Insurance fraud
(b) Criminal negligence
5. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
(a) A water mill
(b) A tourist attraction
(d) Scrap metal
6. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I am innocent
(b) I want my lawyer
(c) I am the devil
7. What are the names of the three children?
(a) Alice, Nellie and Howard
(b) Howard, Alice and Jackie
(c) Alice, Rose and Jim
(d) Nellie, James and Alice
8. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
(c) Rotate faster
9. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
(a) The White House
(b) The City Hall
(d) The Corporate Counsel
10. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(a) A tornado
(d) A windstorm
11. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
12. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Benjamin Pitezel
(b) Mrs. Lawrence
(c) Howard Pitezel
(d) Ned Connor
13. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
14. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
(a) The Royal Emissary from Spain
(b) Mark Twain
(c) The American President
(d) The British King
15. Where does Holmes state that Howard is?
(a) An institution
(b) Holmes' mother's house
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) A boarding house
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
2. Which character dies aboard the Titanic?
3. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
4. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
5. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)