|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
(a) New York
2. Who did Omsted write to say what people thought of the Exposition?
3. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
(a) A dog
(b) A toy top
(c) Lead soldiers
(d) A little drummer boy
4. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(a) A reincarnation
(c) An exhibit
(d) A specimen
5. Why does McKim leave so early?
(a) His wife is sick.
(b) He has a new job.
(c) He has an argument with Burnham.
(d) He hates the idea of the Exposition ending.
6. On what day does Harrison announce his upcoming marriage?
(a) American Cities Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) American Farm Day
(d) Columbus Day
7. What is Burnham not told about?
(a) An accident on the Ferris Wheel
(b) His son's death
(c) A fire
(d) A profit loss
8. What does American want its cities to be after the fair?
(a) Exciting, but safe
(b) Pretty and clean
(c) Big and brash
(d) Peaceful havens
9. Holmes believes he is taking on the characteristics of __________.
(b) the devil
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Howard Pitezel
10. What does the fact that Prendergast had one chamber in his empty gun show about him?
(a) He did not mean to kill Harrison
(b) He could afford enough bullets
(c) He did not want to kill himself
(d) He was thinking logically
11. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
(a) God's voice
(c) The approach of death
(d) Heavy breathing
12. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
13. What is Anna's nickname?
(a) The goat
(d) Miss Piggy
14. Who does Burnhan want to lower their rates?
(b) Horse and carriages
(d) Ticket sellers
15. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
(b) Rotate faster
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month does the attendance rise?
2. Who attends in place of Ferris?
3. How long does the first turn of the Ferris wheel take?
4. With what is Burnham charged?
5. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)