|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wind cause the Ferris Wheel to do?
(d) Rotate faster
2. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
(a) A little drummer boy
(b) A toy top
(c) A dog
(d) Lead soldiers
3. In which state does Minnie have land?
(b) New York
(c) North Carolina
4. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His poetry
(b) His memoirs
(c) His diary
(d) His short stories
5. Why did Burnham ignore most of Olmsted's advice?
(a) Olmsted does not know what is really happening.
(b) The fair is doing very well.
(c) He wants to keep control.
(d) The advice is awful.
6. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
(a) He freezes to death.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He is shot.
7. Whose skeleton do the police find?
(a) Mrs Lawrence's
8. Whose World's Fair attendance record does Chicago beat?
(d) New York
9. What is Prendergast's sentence for killing Harrison?
(a) Community service
(b) Life imprisonment
(c) Death by electric chair
(d) Death by hanging
10. Holmes' hotel always smells of __________________.
(a) Burning bodies
(c) Rotting bodies
(d) Chemicals and gas
11. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
12. What does Holmes ask Anna to get from his vault?
(a) His suitcase
13. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
(a) The approach of death
(b) God's voice
(c) Heavy breathing
14. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
15. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
(a) The Titanic
(b) The Daisy Stem
(c) The HMS Rose
(d) The Olympic
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
2. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
3. What does Burnham fear the Retrenchment Committee will do?
4. Where does Geyer begin his search?
5. What does a New York editor call for other New York editors to do for Chicago?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)