|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(d) Short story
2. Who does Burnhan want to lower their rates?
(b) Ticket sellers
(c) Horse and carriages
3. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
(a) Electric chair
4. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
(a) Major elections
(b) A ball
(c) Columbus Day
(d) Harrison's funeral
5. Where does Holmes state that Howard is?
(a) An institution
(b) A boarding house
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) Holmes' mother's house
6. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
7. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
(a) The President
(b) The Chicago Councel
(c) The Exposition Company
(d) The Chicago mayor
8. What does a man pick up from Holmes' hotel later that night?
(a) A car
(b) Two large crates
(c) A horse
(d) A suitcase of money
9. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
10. What is the favorite attraction at the fair?
(a) The Ferris Wheel
(b) The Library
(c) The roller coaster
(d) The Eiffel Tower
11. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
(a) South Carolina
(b) North Carolina
12. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(a) A specimen
(b) A reincarnation
(c) An exhibit
13. What does a New York editor call for other New York editors to do for Chicago?
(a) Visit the fair
(b) Advertise the fair for free
(d) Donate them money
14. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) Half a century
(b) Ten years
(c) 20 years
(d) A century
15. Where is Burnham buried?
(a) Graceland cemetery in Chicago
(b) Leper cemetery in Los Angeles
(c) Horace cemetery in Memphis
(d) Hollywood cemetery in Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
2. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
3. Whose World's Fair attendance record does Chicago beat?
4. What does the fact that Prendergast had one chamber in his empty gun show about him?
5. What does Holmes ask Anna to get from his vault?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)