|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month does the attendance rise?
2. Where does the British navy boat sink?
(a) The Pacific Ocean
(c) The Indian Ocean
(d) The Red Sea
3. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His diary
(b) His poetry
(c) His memoirs
(d) His short stories
4. Who is in charge of finding the three children?
(a) Frank Geyer
(b) Howard Pitezel
(c) Jack Ohio
(d) Dr. Holmes
5. Olsted left the completion of the Exposition to _________.
6. What is the favorite attraction at the fair?
(a) The Library
(b) The roller coaster
(c) The Ferris Wheel
(d) The Eiffel Tower
7. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
8. How does an official from the railroad commit suicide?
(a) Jumps off the Ferris wheel
(b) Stabs himself
(d) Shoots himself
9. Where does Mrs. Pitezel learn that her children's bodies have been discovered?
(a) In the newspaper
(b) On the radio
(c) The police station
(d) A telegram office
10. In which state does Minnie have land?
(a) North Carolina
(b) New York
11. Who does Burnham have to satisfy by keeping the attendance high?
(b) Local businessmen
12. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
13. What did Olmsted ask the people he met on his travels?
(a) How the Exposition was going
(b) How old were they
(c) If they had any money
(d) Had they heard of the Exposition
14. Who of the following is one of the first people to take a ride on the Ferris wheel?
15. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
(a) Jackie Davis
(b) Annie Howard
(c) Lauren Jackal
(d) Joanna Charles
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is Holmes' trial?
2. How many people die from an explosion?
3. Where is Burnham buried?
4. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
5. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)