|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
(a) The HMS Rose
(b) The Olympic
(c) The Titanic
(d) The Daisy Stem
2. What is Prendergast's sentence for killing Harrison?
(a) Life imprisonment
(b) Community service
(c) Death by electric chair
(d) Death by hanging
3. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) Half a century
(b) A century
(c) 20 years
(d) Ten years
4. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(a) Hang out flags and other decorations
(c) Donate their profits to the fair
(d) Open longer
5. Who of the following is one of the first people to take a ride on the Ferris wheel?
6. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(a) New York
(d) Los Angeles
7. With what is Burnham charged?
(a) Criminal negligence
(d) Insurance fraud
8. To whom does the footprint belong?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence
9. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
10. Which character dies aboard the Titanic?
11. On what day does Harrison announce his upcoming marriage?
(a) American Cities Day
(b) Columbus Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) American Farm Day
12. What is the favorite attraction at the fair?
(a) The Ferris Wheel
(b) The roller coaster
(c) The Eiffel Tower
(d) The Library
13. Who did Omsted write to say what people thought of the Exposition?
14. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(a) Short story
15. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
(a) Independence Day celebration
(b) The opening of the Ferris Wheel
(c) Burnham's birthday
(d) The opening of Holmes' hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's nickname?
2. In which month does the attendance rise?
3. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
4. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
5. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)