|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the retrenchment committee?
(a) To increase attendance
(b) To cut spending
(c) To investigate health and safety
(d) To investigate expenditure
2. To whom does the footprint belong?
(b) Mrs. Lawrence
3. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(b) I want my lawyer
(c) I am the devil
(d) I am innocent
4. What does Holmes do when Anna enters the vault?
(a) Enters with her
(b) Seals the door
(c) Turns on poisonous gas
(d) Shoots her
5. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
6. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
7. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
8. Which of the following do the police not find at Holmes' hotel?
(a) A dissection table
(c) An iron maiden
(d) A kiln
9. Who attends in place of Ferris?
10. Holmes believes he is taking on the characteristics of __________.
(a) Howard Pitezel
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) the devil
11. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His short stories
(b) His diary
(c) His memoirs
(d) His poetry
12. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
(a) Major elections
(b) Columbus Day
(c) A ball
(d) Harrison's funeral
13. What is Anna's nickname?
(a) The goat
(c) Miss Piggy
14. The Royal Emissary looks upon Mrs. Palmer as _______________.
(a) a blacksmith's wife
(b) a slave
(c) an innkeepers' wife
(d) a servant
15. Who carries out Holmes' burial instructions?
(a) John King
(b) His wife
(c) His mother
(d) His attorney
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
2. Who does Burnhan want to lower their rates?
3. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
4. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
5. Where does the British navy boat sink?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)