|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Geyer begin his search?
(a) George Town
(c) El Paso
2. Where does the British navy boat sink?
(a) The Indian Ocean
(b) The Pacific Ocean
(d) The Red Sea
3. To whom does the footprint belong?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence
4. Who of the following is one of the first people to take a ride on the Ferris wheel?
5. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(a) Exposition officials
(c) Government officials
(d) The Columbian Guards
6. Who is Prendergast introduced to at the City Hall?
7. What does Holmes say Anna should start studying?
8. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(a) A reincarnation
(b) A specimen
(c) An exhibit
9. Holmes' hotel always smells of __________________.
(a) Rotting bodies
(b) Chemicals and gas
(d) Burning bodies
10. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(a) New York
(c) Los Angeles
11. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
(a) The opening of Holmes' hotel
(b) The opening of the Ferris Wheel
(c) Independence Day celebration
(d) Burnham's birthday
12. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(d) Short story
13. In which city is Holmes' trial?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) New York
14. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
(a) Annie Howard
(b) Jackie Davis
(c) Lauren Jackal
(d) Joanna Charles
15. Who does Susan Anthony meet at the fair?
(a) Her estranged father
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) D. W Griffiths
(d) Wild Bill Cody
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
2. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
3. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
4. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
5. What are the names of the three children?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)