|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
(a) Jackie Davis
(b) Annie Howard
(c) Joanna Charles
(d) Lauren Jackal
2. To where has the chambermaid moved?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
3. Where does Mrs. Pitezel learn that her children's bodies have been discovered?
(a) The police station
(b) On the radio
(c) In the newspaper
(d) A telegram office
4. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
(a) Two hours
(b) Half an hour
(c) In a week
(d) An hour
5. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
(a) Scrap metal
(c) A water mill
(d) A tourist attraction
6. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) Ten years
(b) A century
(c) 20 years
(d) Half a century
7. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
8. What evidence do the police have?
(a) Children's toys
(d) Foot prints
9. The Royal Emissary looks upon Mrs. Palmer as _______________.
(a) a servant
(b) a blacksmith's wife
(c) an innkeepers' wife
(d) a slave
10. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I am the devil
(b) I am innocent
(d) I want my lawyer
11. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(a) Open longer
(c) Donate their profits to the fair
(d) Hang out flags and other decorations
12. What is Prendergast's sentence for killing Harrison?
(a) Death by hanging
(b) Community service
(c) Death by electric chair
(d) Life imprisonment
13. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(b) Short story
14. In which city is Holmes' trial?
(a) New York
(d) Los Angeles
15. What does a man pick up from Holmes' hotel later that night?
(a) A horse
(b) A car
(c) A suitcase of money
(d) Two large crates
Short Answer Questions
1. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
2. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
3. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
4. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
5. Where does the British navy boat sink?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)