|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Frank Haven Hall invent?
(b) The telephone
(c) A machine to type braille
(d) Chewing gum
2. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
(a) The opening of Holmes' hotel
(b) Burnham's birthday
(c) Independence Day celebration
(d) The opening of the Ferris Wheel
3. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Ned Connor
(b) Howard Pitezel
(c) Benjamin Pitezel
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
4. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I am the devil
(b) I am innocent
(c) I want my lawyer
5. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(a) New York
(b) Los Angeles
6. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(b) Government officials
(c) Exposition officials
(d) The Columbian Guards
7. Who does Susan Anthony meet at the fair?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt
(b) Her estranged father
(c) Wild Bill Cody
(d) D. W Griffiths
8. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
(b) Electric chair
9. What does Holmes ask Anna to get from his vault?
(a) His suitcase
10. To whom does the footprint belong?
(b) Mrs. Lawrence
11. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
(a) New York
12. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
13. How long does the first turn of the Ferris wheel take?
(a) 20 minutes
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 40 minutes
(d) 30 minutes
14. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
(a) The Chicago Councel
(b) The Exposition Company
(c) The Chicago mayor
(d) The President
15. What evidence do the police have?
(b) Children's toys
(c) Foot prints
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
2. What is the role of the retrenchment committee?
3. Who is Prendergast introduced to at the City Hall?
4. What is Holmes trying to get published?
5. Holmes' hotel always smells of __________________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)