|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does McKim leave so early?
(a) He has a new job.
(b) His wife is sick.
(c) He hates the idea of the Exposition ending.
(d) He has an argument with Burnham.
2. Which of the following do Anna and Minnie not see at the fair?
(a) Electric chair
3. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(b) Open longer
(c) Donate their profits to the fair
(d) Hang out flags and other decorations
4. In which city is Holmes' trial?
(b) Los Angeles
(d) New York
5. What is the role of the retrenchment committee?
(a) To cut spending
(b) To investigate health and safety
(c) To investigate expenditure
(d) To increase attendance
6. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I am the devil
(b) I want my lawyer
(d) I am innocent
7. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(c) Short story
8. Olsted left the completion of the Exposition to _________.
9. Whose World's Fair attendance record does Chicago beat?
(a) New York
10. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
(a) A toy top
(b) A dog
(c) Lead soldiers
(d) A little drummer boy
11. What did Frank Haven Hall invent?
(a) Chewing gum
(b) The telephone
(c) A machine to type braille
12. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His short stories
(b) His diary
(c) His poetry
(d) His memoirs
13. What is Prendergast's sentence for killing Harrison?
(a) Death by electric chair
(b) Community service
(c) Life imprisonment
(d) Death by hanging
14. Where is Burnham buried?
(a) Graceland cemetery in Chicago
(b) Horace cemetery in Memphis
(c) Hollywood cemetery in Los Angeles
(d) Leper cemetery in Los Angeles
15. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Benjamin Pitezel
(b) Howard Pitezel
(c) Ned Connor
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
2. What is the favorite attraction at the fair?
3. Who did Omsted write to say what people thought of the Exposition?
4. What did Olmsted ask the people he met on his travels?
5. What is Burnham not told about?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)