|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Pitezel learn that her children's bodies have been discovered?
(a) A telegram office
(b) The police station
(c) On the radio
(d) In the newspaper
2. With what is Burnham charged?
(a) Criminal negligence
(c) Insurance fraud
3. What evidence do the police have?
(b) Children's toys
(d) Foot prints
4. Whose body do they find at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Pitezel's
(d) Mrs. Lawrence's
5. In which month does the attendance rise?
6. Who does Holmes take to the hotel with him?
(b) Mrs. Burnham
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
7. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
(a) The Daisy Stem
(b) The Titanic
(c) The HMS Rose
(d) The Olympic
8. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(c) A windstorm
(d) A tornado
9. What did Frank Haven Hall invent?
(a) The telephone
(b) A machine to type braille
(d) Chewing gum
10. What is the role of the retrenchment committee?
(a) To increase attendance
(b) To investigate expenditure
(c) To investigate health and safety
(d) To cut spending
11. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Ned Connor
(b) Howard Pitezel
(c) Benjamin Pitezel
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
12. Who does Susan Anthony meet at the fair?
(a) D. W Griffiths
(b) Her estranged father
(c) Theodore Roosevelt
(d) Wild Bill Cody
13. Who did Omsted write to say what people thought of the Exposition?
14. How does an official from the railroad commit suicide?
(a) Shoots himself
(c) Jumps off the Ferris wheel
(d) Stabs himself
15. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
2. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
3. Who carries out Holmes' burial instructions?
4. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
5. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)