|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes do when Anna enters the vault?
(a) Turns on poisonous gas
(b) Shoots her
(c) Seals the door
(d) Enters with her
2. To where has the chambermaid moved?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
3. What is Prendergast's sentence for killing Harrison?
(a) Life imprisonment
(b) Death by hanging
(c) Community service
(d) Death by electric chair
4. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(c) A tornado
(d) A windstorm
5. How many weeks are left to the end of the Exposition?
6. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
(c) North Carolina
(d) South Carolina
7. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
8. Who does Sullivan blame for most of his problems?
(a) John Root
(d) His wife
9. Holmes' hotel always smells of __________________.
(a) Burning bodies
(b) Chemicals and gas
(c) Rotting bodies
10. What did Olmsted ask the people he met on his travels?
(a) Had they heard of the Exposition
(b) If they had any money
(c) How old were they
(d) How the Exposition was going
11. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) Half a century
(b) A century
(c) 20 years
(d) Ten years
12. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
(a) He freezes to death.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He drowns.
13. What does a man pick up from Holmes' hotel later that night?
(a) A car
(b) Two large crates
(c) A horse
(d) A suitcase of money
14. What does American want its cities to be after the fair?
(a) Exciting, but safe
(b) Peaceful havens
(c) Big and brash
(d) Pretty and clean
15. Why did Burnham ignore most of Olmsted's advice?
(a) He wants to keep control.
(b) The fair is doing very well.
(c) The advice is awful.
(d) Olmsted does not know what is really happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes ask Anna to get from his vault?
2. Whose bodies does Geyer find in Toronto?
3. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
4. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
5. How many people arrive for Independence Day at the fair?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)