|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is Holmes' trial?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York
2. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(b) Hang out flags and other decorations
(c) Donate their profits to the fair
(d) Open longer
3. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
(a) A toy top
(b) A dog
(c) Lead soldiers
(d) A little drummer boy
4. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
(a) South Carolina
(d) North Carolina
5. Who does Holmes take to the hotel with him?
(b) Mrs. Lawrence
(d) Mrs. Burnham
6. How long does the first turn of the Ferris wheel take?
(a) 30 minutes
(b) 20 minutes
(c) 10 minutes
(d) 40 minutes
7. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
8. Whose body do they find at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Pitezel's
(d) Mrs. Lawrence's
9. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
(a) The American President
(b) Mark Twain
(c) The Royal Emissary from Spain
(d) The British King
10. With how many cars does the Ferris Wheel begin?
11. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(d) Short story
12. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
13. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
(a) Jackie Davis
(b) Lauren Jackal
(c) Joanna Charles
(d) Annie Howard
14. How does an official from the railroad commit suicide?
(a) Stabs himself
(c) Shoots himself
(d) Jumps off the Ferris wheel
15. For what is the Ferris wheel eventually used?
(a) Scrap metal
(b) A tourist attraction
(c) A water mill
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
2. Who does Burnhan want to lower their rates?
3. Where is Burnham buried?
4. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
5. What is Holmes trying to get published?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)