|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Burnham have to satisfy by keeping the attendance high?
(d) Local businessmen
2. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
(a) The Olympic
(b) The HMS Rose
(c) The Daisy Stem
(d) The Titanic
3. What does Holmes not want to become when he dies?
(b) A specimen
(c) A reincarnation
(d) An exhibit
4. With what is the closing ceremony replaced?
(a) Harrison's funeral
(b) Columbus Day
(c) A ball
(d) Major elections
5. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I want my lawyer
(b) I am innocent
(d) I am the devil
6. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
(b) A tornado
(d) A windstorm
7. With how many cars does the Ferris Wheel begin?
8. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His poetry
(b) His diary
(c) His memoirs
(d) His short stories
9. In which city is Holmes' trial?
(b) Los Angeles
(d) New York
10. Of whose murder is Holmes convicted?
(a) Howard Pitezel
(b) Benjamin Pitezel
(c) Ned Connor
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
11. Where does Geyer return to until August?
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
12. Why did Burnham ignore most of Olmsted's advice?
(a) The fair is doing very well.
(b) The advice is awful.
(c) Olmsted does not know what is really happening.
(d) He wants to keep control.
13. What does a New York editor call for other New York editors to do for Chicago?
(a) Visit the fair
(b) Advertise the fair for free
(c) Donate them money
14. Where does the British navy boat sink?
(a) The Pacific Ocean
(b) The Indian Ocean
(c) The Red Sea
15. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character dies aboard the Titanic?
2. Who is Prendergast introduced to at the City Hall?
3. Which small town outside Indianapolis does Geyer visit?
4. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
5. Holmes believes he is taking on the characteristics of __________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)