|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
(a) He freezes to death.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He kills himself.
2. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
(a) An hour
(b) Two hours
(c) In a week
(d) Half an hour
3. Where is the Ferris Wheel reconstructed?
(b) New York
4. Who of the following is one of the first people to take a ride on the Ferris wheel?
5. What is the role of the retrenchment committee?
(a) To increase attendance
(b) To investigate expenditure
(c) To cut spending
(d) To investigate health and safety
6. To where has the chambermaid moved?
(c) New Orleans
(d) New York
7. How many people arrive for Independence Day at the fair?
8. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) A century
(b) Half a century
(c) Ten years
(d) 20 years
9. Where is Burnham buried?
(a) Hollywood cemetery in Los Angeles
(b) Horace cemetery in Memphis
(c) Graceland cemetery in Chicago
(d) Leper cemetery in Los Angeles
10. What does Holmes ask Anna to get from his vault?
(c) His suitcase
11. To whom does the footprint belong?
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
12. What does Burnham fear the Retrenchment Committee will do?
(a) Lay off workers
(b) Destroy the buildings
(c) End the fair
(d) Take away his control
13. What is the name of the asylum to which Olmsted is admitted?
14. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
15. Who attends in place of Ferris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olsted left the completion of the Exposition to _________.
2. Who is in charge of finding the three children?
3. In which city is Holmes' trial?
4. Where does Prendergast go in the Prendergast chapter?
5. The Royal Emissary looks upon Mrs. Palmer as _______________.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)