|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Burnham get later in his life?
2. How many weeks are left to the end of the Exposition?
3. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(a) Short story
4. What ceremony takes place in the At Last chapter?
(a) The opening of the Ferris Wheel
(b) Independence Day celebration
(c) Burnham's birthday
(d) The opening of Holmes' hotel
5. Who does Burnhan want to lower their rates?
(a) Ticket sellers
(c) Horse and carriages
6. What is the name of the ship on which Burnham is a passenger?
(a) The Titanic
(b) The Olympic
(c) The HMS Rose
(d) The Daisy Stem
7. Who does Sullivan blame for most of his problems?
(a) His wife
(b) John Root
8. Olsted left the completion of the Exposition to _________.
9. What is Prendergast's sentence for killing Harrison?
(a) Death by hanging
(b) Life imprisonment
(c) Community service
(d) Death by electric chair
10. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
11. How much longer does Harrison say he will live?
(a) Ten years
(b) A century
(c) 20 years
(d) Half a century
12. With whom does Millet promise the midway women could dance?
(a) Exposition officials
(b) Government officials
(d) The Columbian Guards
13. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
(a) North Carolina
(c) South Carolina
14. How does Millet die aboard the Titanic?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He freezes to death.
15. What is Holmes trying to get published?
(a) His memoirs
(b) His poetry
(c) His diary
(d) His short stories
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man pick up from Holmes' hotel later that night?
2. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
3. How many days early does Groneau want to open the Ferris Wheel?
4. What does Holmes seek to hear in his victims?
5. Who is in charge of finding the three children?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)