|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month does the attendance rise?
2. Who refuses to give the Retrenchment Committee control of expenditure?
(a) The President
(b) The Chicago Councel
(c) The Exposition Company
(d) The Chicago mayor
3. When is Prendergast told to arrive back at Harrison's house?
(a) In a week
(b) Two hours
(c) Half an hour
(d) An hour
4. What country does Geyer travel to in The Tenant chapter?
5. What is Anna's nickname?
(c) Miss Piggy
(d) The goat
6. Of what does Holmes write three different versions?
(b) Short story
7. Where does the British navy boat sink?
(a) The Red Sea
(b) The Indian Ocean
(d) The Pacific Ocean
8. Who does Holmes take to the hotel with him?
(c) Mrs. Burnham
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
9. Where does Geyer think Howard died?
(a) South Carolina
(b) North Carolina
10. What does Pitezel buy his son at the fair?
(a) A dog
(b) Lead soldiers
(c) A toy top
(d) A little drummer boy
11. Holmes' hotel always smells of __________________.
(a) Chemicals and gas
(c) Rotting bodies
(d) Burning bodies
12. Holmes believes he is taking on the characteristics of __________.
(a) Howard Pitezel
(b) the devil
(d) Abraham Lincoln
13. Who leaves before the closing ceremony?
14. In which city is Holmes' trial?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) New York
15. What does Holmes say when questioned by Barlow?
(a) I am the devil
(b) I am innocent
(d) I want my lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Harrison is marrying?
2. Who does Burnham have to satisfy by keeping the attendance high?
3. By whose visit is the opening of the Ferris Wheel overshadowed?
4. What hits the Ferris Wheel?
5. Who is Prendergast introduced to at the City Hall?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)