|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
2. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
3. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
(a) Hannah Clarke
(b) John Root
(c) H.H. Holmes
(d) Daniel Burnham
4. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
5. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
6. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Independence Day
(b) Christmas Eve
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Christmas Day
7. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
(a) She has been kidnapped.
(b) She has killed herself.
(c) She has been murdered.
(d) She has run away.
8. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
(a) Jackson Park
(b) Washington Park
(c) Lincoln Park
(d) Central Park
9. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
10. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When Holmes enters the room
(b) When she sees a dog
(c) When she sees a cat
(d) When Ned enters the room
11. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
12. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
13. What is the name of Ned's wife?
14. Who is the president of the board of architects?
15. How many workers die from January to April?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
2. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
3. Who is supervising landscape architect?
4. What is the name of this chapter?
5. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)