|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes sell to Ned?
(a) His pharmarcy
(b) His car
(c) His hotel
(d) His horse
2. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
(a) The Bootle building
(b) The City Hall
(c) The City Church
(d) The Rookery building
3. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Frank Millet
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Frederick Folly
4. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When Holmes enters the room
(b) When Ned enters the room
(c) When she sees a cat
(d) When she sees a dog
5. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She did not like Emeline.
(c) Holmes is watching her.
(d) They never respond.
6. Who is the president of the board of architects?
7. What is the name of Ned's wife?
8. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Empire State Building
(b) Carnary Wharf
(c) The Astronomical Clock
(d) The Eiffel Tower
9. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
(a) If the government told them to
(b) If they were a child
(c) If they were famous
(d) If they had money
10. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
11. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
(a) Drug addiction
(b) Love sickness
(c) Sex addiction
12. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
(b) The Exposition
(c) A medical school
(d) The police station
13. Which character dies in this chapter?
(a) David Olmsted
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) H. H Holmes
(d) John Root
14. Holmes says he is the son of ______________.
(a) the Spanish king
(b) a Scottish lord
(c) an English lord
(d) an American politician
15. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Sophia Hayden
(b) Lily Fangs
(c) Daisy Whiner
(d) Janet Burnham
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sol Bloom open?
2. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
3. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
4. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
5. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)