|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the president of the board of architects?
2. What does Prendergast send out to influential people?
3. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
(a) A pharmacy
(b) A gas station
(c) A newspaper shop
(d) A sweet shop
4. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) W. F. Cooling
(b) Jesse Jackson
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Daniel Burnham
5. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
(a) The Exposition
(b) The police station
(d) A medical school
6. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
(d) Mrs. Cigrand
7. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(c) New York
8. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to go to the fair.
(b) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(c) She likes traveling.
(d) She wants to escape her husband.
9. Who does the fair hire to keep fairgoers safe?
(a) The Columbian Guard
(b) Canadian Rockies
(d) The military
10. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Janet Burnham
(b) Lily Fangs
(c) Daisy Whiner
(d) Sophia Hayden
11. What does Holmes sell to Ned?
(a) His pharmarcy
(b) His horse
(c) His hotel
(d) His car
12. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
(a) The Lincoln
(b) The Washington
(c) The Jackson
(d) The Wellington
13. Emeline's family is from what state?
(a) New York
14. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
15. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A saloon bar
(b) An Algerian vilage
(c) A brothel
(d) A Morrocan village
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
2. Who is supervising landscape architect?
3. Which city is second in the vote?
4. Which character dies in this chapter?
5. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)