|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
(a) They never respond.
(b) She did not like Emeline.
(c) Holmes is watching her.
(d) She is frightened.
2. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Sophia Hayden
(b) Lily Fangs
(c) Daisy Whiner
(d) Janet Burnham
3. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
4. Which city is second in the vote?
(b) New York
5. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
6. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
(a) To keep Minnie on his side
(b) To make her less skeptical
(c) To marry her
(d) To keep Minnie occupied
7. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
8. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Grover Cleveland
(b) Frank Millet
(c) Daniel Burnham
(d) Frederick Folly
9. From what illness is John Root suffering?
10. Emeline is from ___________.
(c) New York
11. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
12. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Uncle David
(b) Aunt Sally
(c) Uncle John
(d) Her father
13. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
14. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
15. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
(a) H. H Holmes
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) Carter Harrison
(d) Alfred Trude
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
2. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
3. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
4. What is the reason people are not coming to the exposition?
5. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)