|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Burnham's wife and children live?
2. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
3. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Aunt Sally
(b) Uncle David
(c) Her father
(d) Uncle John
4. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) Pop tarts
(b) Juicy Fruit
5. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Chief accountant
(b) Chief of construction
(c) Supervising architect
(d) Supervising landscape architect
6. What is the only reason the police would have for finding a missing person?
(a) If they had money
(b) If they were a child
(c) If the government told them to
(d) If they were famous
7. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
(a) D W.Griffiths
(b) Lord Roseberry
(c) The American president
(d) The British Queen
8. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
(a) The Bootle building
(b) The Rookery building
(c) The City Church
(d) The City Hall
9. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
10. Who is the president of the board of architects?
11. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) George Ferris
(b) Gale Davis
(c) David Worldtrade
(d) Jan Habermas
12. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Chief architect
(b) Chief engineer
(d) Corporate counsel
13. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
14. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
(a) Outside Holmes' walk in freezer
(b) On the door of Holmes' kiln
(c) On the blade of Holmes' sword
(d) In Holmes' kitchen
15. Emeline is from ___________.
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What problems are happening in America during this time?
2. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
3. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
4. Who is supervising landscape architect?
5. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)