|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city is second in the vote?
(c) New York
2. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
(a) She has killed herself.
(b) She has been murdered.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She has been kidnapped.
3. From what illness is John Root suffering?
4. What is Alfred Trude's job?
5. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Astronomical Clock
(b) The Empire State Building
(c) The Eiffel Tower
(d) Carnary Wharf
6. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) World Fair Hotel
(c) Chappell Redux
(d) Cold Blood
7. Holmes says he is the son of ______________.
(a) the Spanish king
(b) a Scottish lord
(c) an American politician
(d) an English lord
8. Who does Emeline meet just before Christmas?
(b) Daniel Burnham
(d) Mrs. Lawrence
9. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
10. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) An Algerian vilage
(b) A Morrocan village
(c) A saloon bar
(d) A brothel
11. What is the daily attendance up to the end of May?
12. What is the name of Ned's wife?
13. Who is now completely insane?
(c) Alfred Trude
14. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
(a) Lord Roseberry
(b) The American president
(c) D W.Griffiths
(d) The British Queen
15. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
(a) The cathredral
(b) The Rookery Building
(c) The Court of Honor
(d) The Ferris Wheel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
2. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
3. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
4. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
5. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)