|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
(a) To keep Minnie occupied
(b) To marry her
(c) To keep Minnie on his side
(d) To make her less skeptical
2. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
3. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
4. Emeline is from ___________.
(b) New York
5. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
6. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When Ned enters the room
(b) When Holmes enters the room
(c) When she sees a cat
(d) When she sees a dog
7. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
8. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to go to the fair.
(b) She wants to escape her husband.
(c) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(d) She likes traveling.
9. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
10. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
(a) H. H Holmes
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) Alfred Trude
(d) Carter Harrison
11. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
12. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
13. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) Juicy Fruit
(d) Pop tarts
14. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
15. Who is supervising landscape architect?
(a) John Root
(b) James Ellsworth
(c) Harry Codman
(d) Frederick Olmsted
Short Answer Questions
1. How many workers die from January to April?
2. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
3. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
4. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
5. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)