|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
2. From what city do three of the architects come?
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
3. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) Black CIty
(b) White City
(d) Chicago Hope
4. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(b) H. H Holmes
(c) Alfred Trude
(d) Carter Harrison
5. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
6. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) David Worldtrade
(b) George Ferris
(c) Jan Habermas
(d) Gale Davis
7. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A saloon bar
(b) An Algerian vilage
(c) A Morrocan village
(d) A brothel
8. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
9. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) They never respond.
(c) Holmes is watching her.
(d) She did not like Emeline.
10. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
(a) She has killed herself.
(b) She has been murdered.
(c) She has been kidnapped.
(d) She has run away.
11. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
12. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
13. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(c) New York
14. Which city is second in the vote?
(d) New York
15. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Independence Day
(b) Christmas Eve
(c) Christmas Day
(d) New Year's Day
Short Answer Questions
1. Emeline's family is from what state?
2. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
3. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
4. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
5. Emeline is from ___________.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)