|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(c) New York
2. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
(a) The cathredral
(b) The Rookery Building
(c) The Court of Honor
(d) The Ferris Wheel
3. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
(a) Burnham and Holmes
(b) Depew and Root
(c) Burnham and Root
(d) Depew and Holmes
4. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
(a) The Rookery building
(b) The City Church
(c) The Bootle building
(d) The City Hall
5. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(a) Drug addiction
(c) Sex addictin
6. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
7. Where do Burnham's wife and children live?
8. What is the daily attendance up to the end of May?
9. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
(a) Ned's wife and sister
(b) Ned's daughter
(c) John Root
10. What does Prendergast send out to influential people?
11. What is the name of this chapter?
(b) Chappell Redux
(c) Cold Blood
(d) World Fair Hotel
12. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
(a) On the door of Holmes' kiln
(b) On the blade of Holmes' sword
(c) In Holmes' kitchen
(d) Outside Holmes' walk in freezer
13. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
14. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) David Worldtrade
(b) George Ferris
(c) Jan Habermas
(d) Gale Davis
15. From what city do three of the architects come?
(b) New Orleans
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
2. Who is the president of the board of architects?
3. What is the name of Ned's wife?
4. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
5. Who is supervising landscape architect?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)