|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city is second in the vote?
(a) New York
2. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
3. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
(a) She did not like Emeline.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) They never respond.
(d) Holmes is watching her.
4. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) Chicago Hope
(b) White City
(d) Black CIty
5. What type of bureau is the police force going to establish?
(a) A mysterious disappearance department
(b) A serial killer department
(c) Crimes against the Exposition department
(d) A fire department
6. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Glover Cleveland
(c) Jackson Browne
(d) Richard Nixon
7. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(a) New York
8. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
(a) They are better
(b) They have money
(c) Chicago is more than cows and pigs
(d) They are better designers
9. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
(a) The City Church
(b) The Bootle building
(c) The City Hall
(d) The Rookery building
10. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
11. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) Jan Habermas
(b) Gale Davis
(c) David Worldtrade
(d) George Ferris
12. Holmes says he is the son of ______________.
(a) an American politician
(b) an English lord
(c) a Scottish lord
(d) the Spanish king
13. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Corporate counsel
(b) Chief architect
(c) Chief engineer
14. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
(a) Clean bones
(b) Get rid of evidence
(c) Find women
(d) Mop his floors
15. What is the reason people are not coming to the exposition?
(a) The depression
(b) Bad transport
(c) Chicago's crime
(d) It is unsafe to travel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
2. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
3. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
4. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
5. What does Holmes advertise in the local papers?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)