|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Her father
(b) Uncle David
(c) Aunt Sally
(d) Uncle John
2. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
3. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
(a) On the blade of Holmes' sword
(b) On the door of Holmes' kiln
(c) In Holmes' kitchen
(d) Outside Holmes' walk in freezer
4. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Daisy Whiner
(b) Lily Fangs
(c) Sophia Hayden
(d) Janet Burnham
5. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
(a) They are better
(b) Chicago is more than cows and pigs
(c) They have money
(d) They are better designers
6. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
7. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
8. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) Chappell Redux
(b) World Fair Hotel
(d) Cold Blood
9. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
(a) June 1
(b) May 1
(c) December 15
(d) October 12
10. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) Christmas Eve
(c) Independence Day
(d) Christmas Day
11. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
12. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
13. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
14. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(a) New York
15. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) A roller coaster
(b) A car engine
(c) The Ferris Wheel
(d) The electricity
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes' wife live?
2. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
3. Which city is second in the vote?
4. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
5. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)