|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Glover Cleveland
(c) Richard Nixon
(d) Jackson Browne
2. What does Holmes advertise in the local papers?
(a) His pharmacy
(b) His World's Fair Hotel
(c) His horse
(d) His marriage to Minnie
3. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
4. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Chief of construction
(b) Supervising architect
(c) Chief accountant
(d) Supervising landscape architect
5. Who is now completely insane?
(c) Alfred Trude
6. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
(a) May 1
(b) December 15
(c) October 12
(d) June 1
7. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) Chappell Redux
(c) Cold Blood
(d) World Fair Hotel
8. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Chief engineer
(b) Chief architect
(d) Corporate counsel
9. Which character dies in this chapter?
(a) H. H Holmes
(b) David Olmsted
(c) John Root
(d) Daniel Burnham
10. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
11. What type of bureau is the police force going to establish?
(a) Crimes against the Exposition department
(b) A fire department
(c) A serial killer department
(d) A mysterious disappearance department
12. Who is the president of the board of architects?
13. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
14. From what illness is John Root suffering?
15. How many workers die from January to April?
Short Answer Questions
1. What problems are happening in America during this time?
2. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
3. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
4. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
5. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)