|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
2. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(b) She wants to escape her husband.
(c) She wants to go to the fair.
(d) She likes traveling.
3. Who tells Emeline to get away from Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Cigrand
4. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
(a) Depew and Holmes
(b) Burnham and Holmes
(c) Burnham and Root
(d) Depew and Root
5. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(b) New York
6. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
7. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
8. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Supervising architect
(b) Chief of construction
(c) Chief accountant
(d) Supervising landscape architect
9. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(a) Drug addiction
(d) Sex addictin
10. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
11. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) W. F. Cooling
(b) Grover Cleveland
(c) Daniel Burnham
(d) Jesse Jackson
12. From what city do three of the architects come?
(b) New York
(d) New Orleans
13. Which city is second in the vote?
(d) New York
14. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Empire State Building
(b) The Astronomical Clock
(c) Carnary Wharf
(d) The Eiffel Tower
15. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
(a) They never respond.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) Holmes is watching her.
(d) She did not like Emeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
2. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
3. What is the name of Ned's wife?
4. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
5. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)