|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Glover Cleveland
(b) Richard Nixon
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Jackson Browne
2. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
3. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
(a) She wants to meet Dr. Holmes.
(b) She likes traveling.
(c) She wants to go to the fair.
(d) She wants to escape her husband.
4. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
(a) H. H Holmes
(b) Carter Harrison
(c) Alfred Trude
(d) Daniel Burnham
5. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
(a) The Ferris Wheel
(b) The Rookery Building
(c) The cathredral
(d) The Court of Honor
6. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
7. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Frank Millet
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Frederick Folly
8. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
(a) Washington Park
(b) Central Park
(c) Jackson Park
(d) Lincoln Park
9. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
10. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(a) Drug addiction
(c) Sex addictin
11. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
(a) The Bootle building
(b) The City Church
(c) The City Hall
(d) The Rookery building
12. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
13. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
14. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
15. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
(a) The Exposition
(c) The police station
(d) A medical school
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city is second in the vote?
2. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
3. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
4. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
5. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)