|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emeline meet just before Christmas?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
2. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
3. Who is supervising landscape architect?
(a) Frederick Olmsted
(b) James Ellsworth
(c) Harry Codman
(d) John Root
4. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
5. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
(a) Davis Goddard
(b) Carter Harrison
(c) Alfred Trude
6. What does Holmes sell to Ned?
(a) His pharmarcy
(b) His car
(c) His hotel
(d) His horse
7. Who is now completely insane?
(c) Alfred Trude
8. Why does Mrs. Lawrence not go to the police?
(a) She did not like Emeline.
(b) Holmes is watching her.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) They never respond.
9. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
10. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Christmas Eve
(b) New Year's Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) Christmas Day
11. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
12. Which city is second in the vote?
(d) New York
13. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
(a) Depew and Holmes
(b) Burnham and Holmes
(c) Depew and Root
(d) Burnham and Root
14. What problems are happening in America during this time?
(a) A depression
(b) Government corruption
(c) A war
(d) Violent storms
15. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
2. What is the name of this chapter?
3. What was the Exposition celebrating?
4. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
5. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)