|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Supervising architect
(b) Chief of construction
(c) Chief accountant
(d) Supervising landscape architect
2. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) Juicy Fruit
(d) Pop tarts
3. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Eiffel Tower
(b) The Empire State Building
(c) Carnary Wharf
(d) The Astronomical Clock
4. Where does Holmes' wife live?
(c) New York
5. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Aunt Sally
(b) Uncle John
(c) Her father
(d) Uncle David
6. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A brothel
(b) A saloon bar
(c) A Morrocan village
(d) An Algerian vilage
7. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
8. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
(a) The love den
(b) The torture chamber
(c) The castle
(d) Murder place
9. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(b) Chicago Hope
(c) White City
(d) Black CIty
10. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
11. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Richard Nixon
(c) Glover Cleveland
(d) Jackson Browne
12. What was the Exposition celebrating?
(a) America's independence
(b) A new century
(d) Columbus' discovery of America
13. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
14. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(b) Carter Harrison
(c) Alfred Trude
(d) H. H Holmes
15. From what city do three of the architects come?
(a) New Orleans
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
2. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
3. What does Holmes advertise in the local papers?
4. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
5. What is Alfred Trude's job?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)