|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
2. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Daisy Whiner
(b) Lily Fangs
(c) Sophia Hayden
(d) Janet Burnham
3. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
(a) H.H. Holmes
(b) John Root
(c) Hannah Clarke
(d) Daniel Burnham
4. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
5. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
6. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(b) Frederick Folly
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Frank Millet
7. What does Holmes advertise in the local papers?
(a) His horse
(b) His pharmacy
(c) His marriage to Minnie
(d) His World's Fair Hotel
8. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
9. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
(a) Alfred Trude
(b) Carter Harrison
(c) Davis Goddard
10. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When she sees a dog
(b) When she sees a cat
(c) When Holmes enters the room
(d) When Ned enters the room
11. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
12. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(b) Drug addiction
(d) Sex addictin
13. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
(a) Lincoln Park
(b) Jackson Park
(c) Central Park
(d) Washington Park
14. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
15. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what illness is John Root suffering?
2. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
3. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
4. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
5. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)