|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
2. At what newspaper does Prendergast work?
(a) The InterOcean
(b) The Chicago Times
(c) The Chicago Post
(d) The New York Times
3. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
(a) A sweet shop
(b) A gas station
(c) A pharmacy
(d) A newspaper shop
4. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) W. F. Cooling
5. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(d) New York
6. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
7. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
(a) The castle
(b) Murder place
(c) The love den
(d) The torture chamber
8. Emeline's family is from what state?
(d) New York
9. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
(a) The Ferris Wheel
(b) The Rookery Building
(c) The Court of Honor
(d) The cathredral
10. Who is the president of the board of architects?
11. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
12. What is the name of Holmes' wife?
13. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Frederick Folly
(b) Frank Millet
(c) Daniel Burnham
(d) Grover Cleveland
14. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
15. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Eiffel Tower
(b) The Empire State Building
(c) The Astronomical Clock
(d) Carnary Wharf
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the daily attendance up to the end of May?
2. From what city do three of the architects come?
3. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
4. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
5. Where does Holmes' wife live?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)