|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Eiffel Tower
(b) The Astronomical Clock
(c) The Empire State Building
(d) Carnary Wharf
2. How many workers die from January to April?
3. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
(a) Burnham and Root
(b) Depew and Holmes
(c) Depew and Root
(d) Burnham and Holmes
4. Who is supervising landscape architect?
(a) John Root
(b) Frederick Olmsted
(c) Harry Codman
(d) James Ellsworth
5. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(b) New York
6. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) Chicago Hope
(b) Black CIty
(c) White City
7. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(b) W. F. Cooling
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Grover Cleveland
8. Who does Holmes ask Minnie to invite to the fair?
9. Who is the president of the board of architects?
10. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Chief engineer
(b) Corporate counsel
(d) Chief architect
11. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
12. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) George Ferris
(b) David Worldtrade
(c) Jan Habermas
(d) Gale Davis
13. What is the name of Holmes' new woman?
14. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
15. In what building do Burnham and John Root sit?
(a) The Rookery building
(b) The City Hall
(c) The City Church
(d) The Bootle building
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
2. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
3. Why does Anna accept the invitation?
4. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
5. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)