|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Chicago win the vote to hold the Exposition?
2. What is the daily attendance up to the end of May?
3. Which character dies in this chapter?
(a) David Olmsted
(b) H. H Holmes
(c) Daniel Burnham
(d) John Root
4. Who does the fair hire to keep fairgoers safe?
(a) The military
(c) The Columbian Guard
(d) Canadian Rockies
5. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Chief engineer
(b) Corporate counsel
(c) Chief architect
6. What was the Exposition celebrating?
(b) America's independence
(c) Columbus' discovery of America
(d) A new century
7. What is the name of Ned's wife?
8. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Aunt Sally
(b) Uncle John
(c) Her father
(d) Uncle David
9. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Christmas Eve
(b) Independence Day
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Christmas Day
10. Holmes says he is the son of ______________.
(a) an English lord
(b) the Spanish king
(c) an American politician
(d) a Scottish lord
11. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
(a) Black CIty
(b) Chicago Hope
(d) White City
12. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) The electricity
(b) A car engine
(c) A roller coaster
(d) The Ferris Wheel
13. Emeline's family is from what state?
(c) New York
14. What does Dr. Kelley cure?
(a) Sex addiction
(c) Drug addiction
(d) Love sickness
15. Where does Holmes' wife live?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
2. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
3. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
4. Who does Prendergast want to become his assistant?
5. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)