|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
(a) Find women
(b) Get rid of evidence
(c) Mop his floors
(d) Clean bones
2. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) New Year's Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) Christmas Eve
3. When does Gertrude become uneasy?
(a) When she sees a dog
(b) When Holmes enters the room
(c) When she sees a cat
(d) When Ned enters the room
4. At what newspaper does Prendergast work?
(a) The Chicago Times
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Chicago Post
(d) The InterOcean
5. Who is now completely insane?
(a) Alfred Trude
6. What does Holmes sell to Ned?
(a) His car
(b) His horse
(c) His hotel
(d) His pharmarcy
7. How many carriages carry the dignitaries to the park?
8. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
9. Who does Emeline meet just before Christmas?
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
(d) Daniel Burnham
10. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
11. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
(a) The Lincoln
(b) The Washington
(c) The Wellington
(d) The Jackson
12. What is the name of the husband of the family that moves into Holmes' hotel?
13. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
14. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Chief of construction
(b) Supervising architect
(c) Supervising landscape architect
(d) Chief accountant
15. Where would Emeline's footprint later be discovered?
(a) On the door of Holmes' kiln
(b) On the blade of Holmes' sword
(c) Outside Holmes' walk in freezer
(d) In Holmes' kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
2. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
3. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
4. For whom is Prendergast campaigning?
5. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)