|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A Morrocan village
(b) A saloon bar
(c) A brothel
(d) An Algerian vilage
2. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
3. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) The Ferris Wheel
(b) A car engine
(c) The electricity
(d) A roller coaster
4. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Christmas Eve
(b) Independence Day
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Christmas Day
5. From what city do three of the architects come?
(a) New York
(d) New Orleans
6. How much does the murder rate rise in America as the economy falls?
7. Where does Holmes meet Minnie?
(c) New York
8. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Chief accountant
(b) Supervising landscape architect
(c) Supervising architect
(d) Chief of construction
9. What are Burnham and Root's jobs?
10. Who is given the job of increasing attendance?
(a) Daniel Burnham
(b) Frederick Folly
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Frank Millet
11. What is the name of Minnie's sister?
12. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(a) Corporate counsel
(c) Chief architect
(d) Chief engineer
13. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Janet Burnham
(b) Sophia Hayden
(c) Daisy Whiner
(d) Lily Fangs
14. At what newspaper does Prendergast work?
(a) The InterOcean
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Chicago Times
(d) The Chicago Post
15. Where do Burnham's wife and children live?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Holmes sell the articulated skeleton?
2. What does Prendergast send out to influential people?
3. Who is the secretary of the board of architects?
4. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
5. Who is running for his fifth term as mayor?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)