|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
2. Where does Holmes' wife live?
(a) New York
3. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
(a) The American president
(b) Lord Roseberry
(c) The British Queen
(d) D W.Griffiths
4. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
5. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
(a) A pharmacy
(b) A gas station
(c) A newspaper shop
(d) A sweet shop
6. Which structure do the architects want to do better?
(a) The Eiffel Tower
(b) The Astronomical Clock
(c) Carnary Wharf
(d) The Empire State Building
7. What does Holmes' Silver Ash Institute support?
(b) Drug addiction
(c) Sex addictin
8. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) A car engine
(b) The electricity
(c) A roller coaster
(d) The Ferris Wheel
9. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
10. Where do Burnham's wife and children live?
11. How many workers die from January to April?
12. From what city do three of the architects come?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
13. Where does Holmes promise to take Emeline on their honeymoon?
14. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Glover Cleveland
(d) Jackson Browne
15. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the fair hire to keep fairgoers safe?
2. What is the name of Ned's wife?
3. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
4. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
5. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)