|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the president of the board of architects?
2. Who does Emeline meet just before Christmas?
(c) Mrs. Lawrence
(d) Daniel Burnham
3. At what newspaper does Prendergast work?
(a) The InterOcean
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Chicago Times
(d) The Chicago Post
4. What is the name of Ned's daughter?
5. What is the name of Ned's wife?
6. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) Jackson Browne
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Glover Cleveland
7. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(b) Chief engineer
(c) Corporate counsel
(d) Chief architect
8. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
9. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
(a) The Ferris Wheel
(b) The Rookery Building
(c) The cathredral
(d) The Court of Honor
10. What do the the police think Holmes placed on the floor by his kiln?
11. What is the name of the woman who designs the Women's Building?
(a) Sophia Hayden
(b) Daisy Whiner
(c) Lily Fangs
(d) Janet Burnham
12. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
(a) Chicago is more than cows and pigs
(b) They are better designers
(c) They have money
(d) They are better
13. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) David Worldtrade
(b) Gale Davis
(c) Jan Habermas
(d) George Ferris
14. Which of the following is an exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) Pop tarts
(c) Juicy Fruit
15. Which of the following famous people is going to the opening ceremony?
(a) The American president
(b) The British Queen
(c) D W.Griffiths
(d) Lord Roseberry
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bureau is the police force going to establish?
2. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
3. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
4. Emeline's family is from what state?
5. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)