|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
(a) Get rid of evidence
(b) Mop his floors
(c) Clean bones
(d) Find women
2. What is the name of the hotel where Hut is staying?
(a) The Jackson
(b) The Washington
(c) The Wellington
(d) The Lincoln
3. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
(a) They have money
(b) Chicago is more than cows and pigs
(c) They are better
(d) They are better designers
4. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
5. Where does Holmes say Julia has gone?
6. What does Mrs. Lawrence think has happened to Emeline?
(a) She has been kidnapped.
(b) She has been murdered.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She has killed herself.
7. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
(a) Hannah Clarke
(b) John Root
(c) H.H. Holmes
(d) Daniel Burnham
8. What color eyes does Herman Mudgett have?
9. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) W. F. Cooling
(c) Grover Cleveland
(d) Daniel Burnham
10. Who is president of the United States in 1893?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) Jackson Browne
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Glover Cleveland
11. What does Sol Bloom open?
(a) A brothel
(b) A Morrocan village
(c) An Algerian vilage
(d) A saloon bar
12. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
13. Emeline's family is from what state?
(b) New York
14. What does the President turn on at the opening ceremony?
(a) A roller coaster
(b) The electricity
(c) A car engine
(d) The Ferris Wheel
15. What is the title of Burnham's official job?
(a) Chief accountant
(b) Supervising landscape architect
(c) Chief of construction
(d) Supervising architect
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
2. What was the Exposition's unofficial name?
3. How many workers die from January to April?
4. Where does Holmes' wife live?
5. Why does Dr. Holmes want Anna to come to Chicago?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)