|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chappell Redux | Part 2, The Cold-Blooded Fact.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bureau is the police force going to establish?
(a) Crimes against the Exposition department
(b) A serial killer department
(c) A mysterious disappearance department
(d) A fire department
2. What is the name of the engineer who is awarded the concession?
(a) Jan Habermas
(b) David Worldtrade
(c) George Ferris
(d) Gale Davis
3. Where does Holmes' wife live?
(b) New York
4. What was the Exposition celebrating?
(b) America's independence
(c) A new century
(d) Columbus' discovery of America
5. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
(a) A sweet shop
(b) A pharmacy
(c) A gas station
(d) A newspaper shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
2. What is Alfred Trude's job?
3. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
4. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
5. What is Holmes' building nicknamed by the locals?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)