|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Landscape of Regret | Part 1, Vanishing Point.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disembarks from a train in this chapter?
(a) Hannah Clarke
(b) H.H. Holmes
(c) Daniel Burnham
(d) John Root
2. Who are the lead architects of the Exposition?
(a) Depew and Root
(b) Depew and Holmes
(c) Burnham and Root
(d) Burnham and Holmes
3. What was the Exposition celebrating?
(b) America's independence
(c) A new century
(d) Columbus' discovery of America
4. At what newspaper does Prendergast work?
(a) The Chicago Post
(b) The New York Times
(c) The InterOcean
(d) The Chicago Times
5. How many architects does Burnham invite to work on the designs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Chicago in the late 1880's?
2. Who is supervising landscape architect?
3. What do they decide is the best site for the exposition?
4. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
5. What type of bureau is the police force going to establish?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)