|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Landscape of Regret | Part 1, Vanishing Point.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Chicago architects want to show their Eastern counterparts?
(a) Chicago is more than cows and pigs
(b) They are better
(c) They are better designers
(d) They have money
2. What was the Exposition celebrating?
(a) Columbus' discovery of America
(b) America's independence
(d) A new century
3. Which member of Myrta's family does Holmes meet?
(a) Her father
(b) Aunt Sally
(c) Uncle David
(d) Uncle John
4. Who is Holmes paying attention to in this chapter?
(a) Ned's wife and sister
(b) John Root
(d) Ned's daughter
5. Where was the Exposition of 1893 held?
(a) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. For what day is the opening ceremony scheduled?
2. What kind of shop does Holmes buy?
3. How many years have passed since the Exposition?
4. Which city is second in the vote?
5. What does the author state that Chicago has a lot of during this time?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)