|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Toward Triumph | Part 3, Departures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Holmes say he will perform the abortion?
(a) Christmas Eve
(b) Independence Day
(c) Christmas Day
(d) New Year's Day
2. Prendergast thinks he is about to be appointed as ________________.
(b) Chief architect
(c) Corporate counsel
(d) Chief engineer
3. To whom does Prendergast send a postcard?
(a) Grover Cleveland
(b) Daniel Burnham
(c) W. F. Cooling
(d) Jesse Jackson
4. Why does McKim leave so early?
(a) His wife is sick.
(b) He has a new job.
(c) He hates the idea of the Exposition ending.
(d) He has an argument with Burnham.
5. What does Carter Harrison urge businesses to do on Chicago Day?
(a) Open longer
(b) Hang out flags and other decorations
(c) Donate their profits to the fair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes pay Charles Chappell to do?
2. What is the name of the new family that moves into Holmes' apartment?
3. How many weeks are left to the end of the Exposition?
4. In which state does Minnie have land?
5. What is the biggest attraction at the Exposition?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)