Part 1, Prologue | Part 1, The Black City
• 19 years have passed since the the World's Exposition of 1893 hosted by Chicago.
• Daniel Burnham, the chief architect, is aboard a ship bound for Europe. He thinks about the murders that are discovered after the Exposition.
• Burnham casts his mind back to Chicago in the late 1880's.
• H.H Holmes steps off a train and immediately decides Chicago is the place for him to settle for awhile.
Part 1, The Trouble Has Just Begun | Part 1, The Necessary Supply
• It is Monday, February 24, 1890, and people are standing outside Chicago's major newspaper offices, waiting to find out if the city has won the vote to host the next World Fair.
• Chicago wins the vote to host the World Fair and Daniel Burnham is one of the architects asked to redesign the city.
• Dr. Holmes and a friend plan a way to make money from insurance fraud...
This section contains 2,034 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)