|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sandy have her first ever orgasm?
(a) On her and Carl's wedding night.
(b) She has never had an orgasm.
(c) The first time she and Carl pick up a man for sex.
(d) When making pornographic films in California.
2. What does Arvin first note about Carl and Sandy?
(a) Their lack of hygiene.
(b) Their inability to carry on a conversation.
(c) Their indifference.
(d) Their accents.
3. Why is Teagardin crying when talking to Arvin?
(a) He is not crying.
(b) He is sorry for hurting Lenora.
(c) He realizes Arvin is going to kill him.
(d) He is sorry Lenora kills herself.
4. With whom does Arvin go to live after his father's death?
(a) No one.
(c) His aunt.
(d) A foster home.
5. Who is Pastor Teagardin?
(a) A fake minister who never went to seminary.
(b) The new preacher.
(c) The old pastor who is retiring.
(d) A man who got the name in the military when he'd preach to all his fellow soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl wait for to go to his box of photos?
2. What career does Carl try to break into in California?
3. Who do Carl and Sandy pick up after their fourth young man?
4. What does Teagardin do to "help" Lenora being bullied?
5. Where does Arvin visit the next day after his encounter with Carl and Sandy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Carl start hanging out and what is his reaction one night to a conversation between two Republicans?
2. How does Lenora accidentally commit suicide?
3. What does Arvin ask Earskell about during Arvin's birthday celebration and why does Arvin request asking the question?
4. What are Roy and Theodore now doing?
5. Who do Sandy and Carl pick up next and what happens?
6. What is Sandy's actions after Arvin kills Carl?
7. What does Carl want to do and what is Sandy's response?
8. What does Arvin notice about the new pastor?
9. Describe Teagardin's seduction of Lenora.
10. What does Joe tell Sandy when he visits her at the bar one day and what is her reaction?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)