|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pastor Teagardin?
(a) A fake minister who never went to seminary.
(b) A man who got the name in the military when he'd preach to all his fellow soldiers.
(c) The new preacher.
(d) The old pastor who is retiring.
2. Of what is Arvin aware concerning Pastor Teagardin?
(a) The man has a twitch in his left hand.
(b) The man has a twitch in his left eye.
(c) The man is excited at the arrival of two young, pretty girls.
(d) The man seems to have trouble concentrating.
3. What does Carl wait for to go to his box of photos?
(a) Lee to leave them alone.
(b) Lee to pick up Sandy to take her to the doctor's.
(c) Sandy to fall asleep.
(d) Sandy to go to her job.
4. For how long did Roy and Theodore travel in the South?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. Why is Teagardin crying when talking to Arvin?
(a) He realizes Arvin is going to kill him.
(b) He is not crying.
(c) He is sorry Lenora kills herself.
(d) He is sorry for hurting Lenora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carl end up after cruising?
2. What does Arvin do as he gets out of the car?
3. What career does Carl try to break into in California?
4. What does Arvin do when the car comes to a halt?
5. What does Jamie think of Sandy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arvin notice about the new pastor?
2. Why does Arvin beat up three local boys?
3. What does Carl want to do and what is Sandy's response?
4. How does Carl prepare for his and Sandy's next hunt?
5. Where do Theodore and Roy move and how is Theodore?
6. Where does Carl take Sandy to teach her to shoot and how does the land owner almost lose his life?
7. What does Pastor Sykes announce and what does he not tell his congregation?
8. What does Carl get Sandy and what is her reaction?
9. What does Arvin sense when Carl stops the car and what does Arvin do as Arvin gets out of the car?
10. Describe Teagardin's seduction of Lenora.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)