|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sandy want to do laundry?
(a) She says Carl stinks.
(b) She wants a feeling of normalcy.
(c) She wants to pass word to her brother at a pay phone.
(d) She wants to try to get away from Carl.
2. Why does Carl's mood change on the way home?
(a) They come across a young man hitchhiking.
(b) He believes after the last kill he is cured.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He manages to have sex with Sandy.
3. Where does Sandy put her money?
(a) In a shoebox.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the freezer.
(d) In a jar.
4. What do Roy and Theodore accuse the other of being?
(b) The worse abomination unto God.
(c) Bad dressers.
(d) Bad lovers.
5. What happens to their fourth "model"?
(a) He is not quite dead when Carl puts him in the grave.
(b) He can't perform so Carl lets him go.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He turns a gun on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl get for Sandy?
2. With whom does Arvin go to live after his father's death?
3. What is one thing Theodore dreams?
4. About what do three older boys taunt Lenora?
5. Why is Teagardin crying when talking to Arvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Arvin go to live and with whom does he develop a friendship?
2. What happens with the fourth "model" Sandy and Carl pick up?
3. Where do Theodore and Roy move and how is Theodore?
4. How does Lenora accidentally commit suicide?
5. Describe Teagardin's seduction of Lenora.
6. What are Roy and Theodore now doing?
7. What does Carl think about when he goes to eat at the White Cow Diner?
8. Where does Carl start hanging out and what is his reaction one night to a conversation between two Republicans?
9. What does Pastor Sykes announce and what does he not tell his congregation?
10. What does Arvin ask Earskell about during Arvin's birthday celebration and why does Arvin request asking the question?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)