|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arvin get into fights at school?
(a) He is defending himself against a group of bullies.
(b) He is practicing to become a boxer.
(c) He is defending Lenora.
(d) He is defending Emma.
2. With what does Teagardin struggle?
(a) Feeling worthy of his calling.
(b) Feeling compassion.
(c) Feeling good about having a young wife.
(d) Reconciling his faith in Jesus with his lust for women.
3. About what does Sandy complain?
(a) That Carl never wants her anymore.
(b) Her arthritis.
(c) Rude customers.
(d) Her brother's corruption in his position as Sheriff.
4. What is the season at the opening to Chapter 25?
5. Who is pictured as thin and pale in an unbecoming bonnet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arvin do as he gets out of the car?
2. What is one thing Theodore dreams?
3. What reminds Carl of his time in California with Sandy?
4. What does Sandy do after the pick up their next man?
5. What does Arvin turn toward the wall in the motel room where he stays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arvin notice about the new pastor?
2. What does Pastor Sykes announce and what does he not tell his congregation?
3. Why does Arvin beat up three local boys?
4. How does Lenora accidentally commit suicide?
5. What does Joe tell Sandy when he visits her at the bar one day and what is her reaction?
6. Where do Theodore and Roy move and how is Theodore?
7. What happens with the fourth "model" Sandy and Carl pick up?
8. Who do Carl and Sandy pick up after Roy and what does each person in the car think as they are riding?
9. What does Carl think about when he goes to eat at the White Cow Diner?
10. Who do Sandy and Carl pick up next and what happens?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)