|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arvin expect of his father after hearing the statement about Charlotte?
(a) To respond in some way.
(b) To congratulate the speaker.
(c) To go to town after Charlotte immediately.
(d) To ignore the statement.
2. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
(a) A soldier who is skinned and crucified.
(b) A soldier who is smashed under a tank.
(c) A young boy who has lost the lower half of his body.
(d) A soldier who is fatally wounded by a grenade.
3. What does Carl store in his glove box?
(a) Chocolate bars.
(b) A .38 pistol.
(c) Enough pills to kill himself.
(d) Porn pictures of Sandy having sex.
4. What does Willard tells Arvin when Willard comes to the clearing?
(a) Charlotte is well.
(b) Charlotte wants to speak to Arvin.
(c) Charlotte is dead.
(d) Willard is sorry for killing Arvin's dog.
5. Where is Willard going?
(a) Differ, West Virginia.
(b) Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
(c) Coal Creek, Virginia.
(d) Wakeman, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Dunlap hint among his friends?
2. What does Carl believe he is doing?
3. How old is Arvin when Willard decides to move?
4. About what is Hank fantasizing?
5. What is Hank Bell closing up in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willard exact his revenge on the hunters later, and what does he say to Arvin about the incident?
2. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
3. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
4. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
5. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
6. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
7. Where is Arvin joining his father?
8. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
9. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
10. What happens to the young, attractive soldier that Carl and Sandy pick up?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)