|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what are Arvin and his father seated?
(a) On top of a hay bale.
(b) They are standing on mounting blocks to reach the back of the horses.
(c) A maple bench.
(d) An oak log.
2. What type of gun does Willard own?
(a) A double-barrel shotgun.
(b) A Remington .30 rifle.
(c) A Colt .45.
(d) A German Luger.
3. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
(c) As greedy.
4. What does Lee ask Arvin?
(a) If Arvin wants to ride in the police car.
(b) If Arvin wants to wait until later to take Lee out to his house.
(c) If Arvin is making up stories.
(d) If Arvin is a runaway.
5. What is Henry Dunlap's profession?
(a) A police chief.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
2. What do Willard and Arvin do for hours each day?
3. What happens despite the sacrifice of the lawyer?
4. What does Arvin secretly wish?
5. Where is Hank Bell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
2. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
3. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
4. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
5. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
6. Why does Carl wake up drenched in sweat?
7. How does Roy end up killing Helen?
8. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
9. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
10. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)