|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willard end up renting a house for his family?
(a) Spring Valley.
(b) Mud Hollow.
(c) Mitchell Flats.
(d) Dunlap's Cove.
2. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
(a) He is cheating a scoundrel who deserves it.
(b) It is sometimes necessary to choose the time and place to fight back.
(c) His mother wants to go to her niece's wedding looking nicely.
(d) He wants to increase the cow herd so Willard has some inheritance.
3. Where does Willard put the animal carcasses?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the field to warn off the other animals from the garden.
(c) In the prayer clearing.
(d) He burns them.
4. About what is Hank fantasizing?
(a) Going to Cincinnati for a baseball game.
(b) Playing for the Cincinnati Reds.
(c) Asking a certain girl out for a date.
(d) Owning the local flower shop.
5. Who greets Willard when he arrives home?
(a) His mother and his two sisters.
(b) No one.
(c) His mother and uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun does Willard own?
2. How does Arvin feel about his father's reaction to the statement about Charlotte?
3. Who is Edith?
4. What is said about Charlotte?
5. What does Willard realize is not working to help Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
2. What does Roy do that causes the crowd to panic?
3. At what does Dunlap hint to Willard one day when Willard goes to pay his rent?
4. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
5. Where is Arvin joining his father?
6. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
7. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
8. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
9. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
10. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)