|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Carl have faith?
2. What does Arvin do for hours one night when his father sends him to the prayer log?
(a) Curses his father.
(c) Shouts his prayers.
(d) Sleeps on the blood soaked ground.
3. What does Theodore say he once did?
(a) Hit his mother.
(b) Tried to kill himself.
(c) Tried to get out of the draft.
(d) Tried to kill his brother.
4. About what is Sandy confused?
(a) Why Carl wants her to abstain from sex.
(b) Where the hitchhiker went.
(c) Why Carl is so good to her now after beating her.
(d) How she got where she is.
5. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
(a) Be as tough as his dad.
(b) Not tell his mother about the incident.
(c) Learn to be more forgiving than his father.
(d) Get his mother a bracelet to wear with the silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl store in his glove box?
2. What does Roy say God did for Roy?
3. How does Arvin think he is viewed by others in the area?
4. What does Carl believe he is doing?
5. How old is Arvin when Charlotte is diagnosed with cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willard exact his revenge on the hunters later, and what does he say to Arvin about the incident?
2. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
3. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
4. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
5. What does Willard decide to do as Charlotte's health deteriorates?
6. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
7. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
8. What does Roy do that causes the crowd to panic?
9. What does Bodecker learn when he visits the bar where Sandy works?
10. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)