|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Arvin feeds Jack?
(b) Willard promises Arvin Jack will be safe.
(c) Willard comes home and shoots Jack.
(d) Willard knocks Arvin across the room for feeding stray children.
2. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
(a) Realize that others just are jealous of his brilliance and take it as a compliment.
(b) Start saying no.
(c) To stop thinking so highly of himself.
(d) Stand up for himself.
3. Who is Jack?
(a) A gentle dog Arvin adopted.
(b) Charlotte's brother who comes to visit.
(c) Arvin's best friend.
(d) A neighbor who is getting suspicious of Willard's activities.
4. What type of gun does Willard own?
(a) A Remington .30 rifle.
(b) A Colt .45.
(c) A German Luger.
(d) A double-barrel shotgun.
5. What does Bodecker recall about a night he passed out drunk?
(a) Sandy tells him about her and Carl's trip.
(b) Sandy takes his money.
(c) Sandy tells him she is going to kill herself.
(d) Sandy drives him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Willard and Arvin do for hours each day?
2. What does Arvin secretly wish?
3. How is Charlotte's funeral described?
4. About what does Dunlap hint among his friends?
5. How does Arvin respond to Willard's action?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
2. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
3. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
4. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
5. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
6. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
7. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
8. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
9. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
10. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)