|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Willard become obsessed after learning of Charlotte's illness?
(a) Buying the house for Charlotte.
(b) Making Charlotte's last year wonderful.
(c) Saving Charlotte through prayer.
(d) Getting the best medical care for Charlotte.
2. What is Sandy's relation to Lee Bodecker?
(d) They are not related.
3. How does Willard account for the large amount of blood in the clearing when he kills Dunlap?
(a) He does not say anything to anyone about it.
(b) Says he killed a wolf.
(c) Says he killed a groundhog.
(d) Says he killed a young calf.
4. Why doesn't Arvin's father respond how Arvin expected?
(a) Arvin's father has fallen asleep.
(b) Arvin's father thinks his brother has too many children already but would not say so.
(c) Arvin's father is too deeply into praying.
(d) Arvin's father does not hear well and heard something different.
5. Upon what are Arvin and his father seated?
(a) A maple bench.
(b) On top of a hay bale.
(c) An oak log.
(d) They are standing on mounting blocks to reach the back of the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Carl have faith?
2. What does Theodore bring to a church revival?
3. How does Arvin feel about his father's reaction to the statement about Charlotte?
4. Where is Hank Bell?
5. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arvin read about in the paper and who does he recognize in the article?
2. Why is Bodecker nervous and excited as he goes to find Arvin?
3. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
4. What are Roy and Theodore now doing?
5. Why does Sandy ask Carl to teach her to use the gun he bought her?
6. At what does Dunlap hint to Willard one day when Willard goes to pay his rent?
7. What happens with the fourth "model" Sandy and Carl pick up?
8. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
9. What does Joe tell Sandy when he visits her at the bar one day and what is her reaction?
10. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)