|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee ask Arvin?
(a) If Arvin is a runaway.
(b) If Arvin wants to ride in the police car.
(c) If Arvin is making up stories.
(d) If Arvin wants to wait until later to take Lee out to his house.
2. What does Carl believe he is doing?
(a) He is saving his wife's soul.
(b) He is helping the population explosion.
(c) He is educating Sandy about the great United States.
(d) He is on a religious mission.
3. What does Carl do after Sandy falls asleep?
(a) Writes a man in prison and describes his crimes.
(d) Takes pictures of her nude body.
4. What does Arvin find in the prayer clearing after waking?
(a) His father dead of suicide.
(b) His father and another man fighting.
(c) His father crying.
(d) The prayer clearing cleaned up and his father sitting despondent.
5. Who does Willard's mother promise God to marry Willard off to if he survived the war?
(a) Helen Hatton.
(b) Helen Willoughby.
(c) Isabella Fernandez.
(d) Charlotte Willoughby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willard start killing animals?
2. About what is Sandy confused?
3. How old is Arvin when Willard decides to move?
4. What does Arvin secretly wish?
5. Why doesn't Arvin's father respond how Arvin expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
2. What does Roy do that causes the crowd to panic?
3. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
4. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
5. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
6. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
7. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
8. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
9. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
10. What happens to the young, attractive soldier that Carl and Sandy pick up?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)