|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Theodore sing?
2. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
(a) It was gratifying to know his father was looking out for Willard.
(b) It was enlightening.
(c) It is the best time he ever had with his father.
(d) He realizes his father has a soft side.
3. Why does Willard decide to move?
(a) To get Arvin out of the city.
(b) To find a better doctor for Emma.
(c) To take up farming again.
(d) To buy a bigger house for the growing familly.
4. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
(a) No one.
5. About what is Sandy confused?
(a) Why Carl is so good to her now after beating her.
(b) Why Carl wants her to abstain from sex.
(c) Where the hitchhiker went.
(d) How she got where she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bus make a stop on Willard's way home?
2. How does Sandy think she got a venereal disease?
3. With whom is it rumored that Edith is involved sexually?
4. Who greets Willard when he arrives home?
5. Who does Theodore manipulate Roy into killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
2. Why is Bodecker nervous and excited as he goes to find Arvin?
3. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
4. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
5. What does Arvin sense when Carl stops the car and what does Arvin do as Arvin gets out of the car?
6. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
7. How does Roy end up killing Helen?
8. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
9. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
10. What does Carl get Sandy and what is her reaction?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)