|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theodore say he once did?
(a) Tried to kill his brother.
(b) Tried to kill himself.
(c) Hit his mother.
(d) Tried to get out of the draft.
2. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
(a) No one.
3. Who is Lee Bodecker?
(a) A sheriff's deputy.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A coronor.
4. What is said about Charlotte?
(a) That Charlotte is going to be hard to get married off being so plain.
(b) That Charlotte is keeping company with the wrong sort.
(c) That Charlotte is expecting again.
(d) That Charlotte is the prettiest woman he'd ever seen.
5. What does Carl store in his glove box?
(a) Enough pills to kill himself.
(b) Chocolate bars.
(c) A .38 pistol.
(d) Porn pictures of Sandy having sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
2. What does Arvin find in the prayer clearing after waking?
3. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
4. What is Hank Bell closing up in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
2. What happens one night when Willard wakes Arvin?
3. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
4. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
5. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
6. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
7. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
8. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
9. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
10. Where is Arvin joining his father?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)