|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
(c) As greedy.
2. About what does Dunlap taunt Willard?
(a) The disparity in the two men's incomes.
(b) That Arvin is small for his age.
(c) That Dunlap will never sell the house to a loser.
(d) That Willard's wife has her eye on Dunlap.
3. What is the year of the opening of the first chapter?
4. In what does Carl have faith?
5. What does Roy say God did for Roy?
(a) Took away Roy's fear of spiders.
(b) Gave him wealth.
(c) Taught him compassion.
(d) Gave him his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
2. How does Arvin think he is viewed by others in the area?
3. What does Carl store in his glove box?
4. What does Sandy do with the first hitchhiker mentioned?
5. Who is Lee Bodecker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Arvin joining his father?
2. What happens one night when Willard wakes Arvin?
3. How does Willard exact his revenge on the hunters later, and what does he say to Arvin about the incident?
4. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
5. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
6. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
7. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
8. What do the two hunters loudly discuss and what is Willard's reaction?
9. Why does Carl wake up drenched in sweat?
10. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)