|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willard start killing animals?
(a) He is keeping them out of the flower garden which Charlotte enjoys.
(b) He is teaching Arvin how to hunt.
(c) He is angry at God.
(d) He is convinced that blood sacrifices will save Charlotte.
2. How old is Arvin when Charlotte is diagnosed with cancer?
3. How does Sandy think she got a venereal disease?
(a) From her husband.
(b) From having sex with an Iowa farm boy.
(c) From having sex with an old drunk.
(d) From having sex with a soldier.
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Arvin's oldest sister.
(b) Arvin's younger sister.
(c) Arvin's mother.
(d) Arvin's aunt who is married to the uncle who stops by.
5. What does Sandy do with the first hitchhiker mentioned?
(a) Initiates sex.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Shoots her.
(d) Gives her some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first hitchhiker mentioned in Chapter 10?
2. About whom does Theodore sing?
3. Upon what are Arvin and his father seated?
4. What does Lee ask Arvin?
5. Who is Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
2. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
3. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
4. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
5. What does Willard decide to do as Charlotte's health deteriorates?
6. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
7. Where is Arvin joining his father?
8. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
9. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
10. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)