|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arvin say does not work?
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Nothing works.
(d) Being good.
2. Who greets Willard when he arrives home?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother and his two sisters.
(c) No one.
(d) His mother and uncle.
3. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
(a) Be as tough as his dad.
(b) Get his mother a bracelet to wear with the silk.
(c) Not tell his mother about the incident.
(d) Learn to be more forgiving than his father.
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Arvin's oldest sister.
(b) Arvin's aunt who is married to the uncle who stops by.
(c) Arvin's younger sister.
(d) Arvin's mother.
5. What does Arvin watch Willard do?
(a) Buys Arvin's mother a bolt of silk.
(b) Cheats a man out of some money.
(c) Buys the farmer's extra bull.
(d) Savagely beat the man who admired Willard's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic mentioned about Carl?
2. Where does Arvin join his father?
3. What is one characteristic mentioned about Sandy Henderson?
4. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
5. What is the result of how others in the area see Arvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willard decide to do as Charlotte's health deteriorates?
2. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
3. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
4. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
5. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
6. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
7. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
8. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
9. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
10. How does Roy end up killing Helen?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)