|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Arvin's younger sister.
(b) Arvin's aunt who is married to the uncle who stops by.
(c) Arvin's oldest sister.
(d) Arvin's mother.
2. What does Arvin find in the prayer clearing after waking?
(a) The prayer clearing cleaned up and his father sitting despondent.
(b) His father crying.
(c) His father and another man fighting.
(d) His father dead of suicide.
3. What does Theodore say he once did?
(a) Hit his mother.
(b) Tried to kill his brother.
(c) Tried to kill himself.
(d) Tried to get out of the draft.
4. For what does Willard ask God regularly?
(a) His wife to become pregnant again.
(b) Patience with Dunlap.
(c) His son to get bigger.
(d) The strength not to kill Dunlap.
5. How does Willard account for the large amount of blood in the clearing when he kills Dunlap?
(a) He does not say anything to anyone about it.
(b) Says he killed a wolf.
(c) Says he killed a young calf.
(d) Says he killed a groundhog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl believe he is doing?
2. Where is Willard going?
3. What is Henry Dunlap's profession?
4. What does Hank give Arvin?
5. Who is the first hitchhiker mentioned in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
2. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
3. What does Roy do that causes the crowd to panic?
4. Where is Arvin joining his father?
5. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
6. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
7. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
8. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
9. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
10. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)