|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Willard become obsessed after learning of Charlotte's illness?
(a) Getting the best medical care for Charlotte.
(b) Making Charlotte's last year wonderful.
(c) Buying the house for Charlotte.
(d) Saving Charlotte through prayer.
2. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
(a) It was enlightening.
(b) It was gratifying to know his father was looking out for Willard.
(c) He realizes his father has a soft side.
(d) It is the best time he ever had with his father.
3. What does Carl do after Sandy falls asleep?
(a) Writes a man in prison and describes his crimes.
(d) Takes pictures of her nude body.
4. What does Carl believe he is doing?
(a) He is saving his wife's soul.
(b) He is educating Sandy about the great United States.
(c) He is helping the population explosion.
(d) He is on a religious mission.
5. What is the year of the opening of the first chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard nail to a cross in the prayer clearing?
2. What happens after Arvin feeds Jack?
3. Where does Arvin join his father?
4. What does Hank give Arvin?
5. What does Carl make hitchhikers think?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bodecker learn when he visits the bar where Sandy works?
2. Why is Bodecker nervous and excited as he goes to find Arvin?
3. What does Joe tell Sandy when he visits her at the bar one day and what is her reaction?
4. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
5. How does Carl prepare for his and Sandy's next hunt?
6. Who do Carl and Sandy pick up after Roy and what does each person in the car think as they are riding?
7. Where does Carl start hanging out and what is his reaction one night to a conversation between two Republicans?
8. Where does Arvin go to live and with whom does he develop a friendship?
9. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
10. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)