|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arvin think he is viewed by others in the area?
(a) As a kind floormat.
(b) As an outsider.
(c) As a brilliant student.
(d) As arrogant.
2. Why doesn't Arvin's father respond how Arvin expected?
(a) Arvin's father does not hear well and heard something different.
(b) Arvin's father has fallen asleep.
(c) Arvin's father is too deeply into praying.
(d) Arvin's father thinks his brother has too many children already but would not say so.
3. What is one characteristic mentioned about Sandy Henderson?
4. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
(a) He realizes his father has a soft side.
(b) It is the best time he ever had with his father.
(c) It was gratifying to know his father was looking out for Willard.
(d) It was enlightening.
5. What does Carl do with the first hitchhiker?
(a) Forces him to have sex with Carl.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Forces him strip and leave that way.
(d) Forces her to have sex with Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Charlotte's funeral described?
2. Who does Willard's mother promise God to marry Willard off to if he survived the war?
3. What does Theodore say he once did?
4. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
5. What does Emma learn about Willard that makes her believe God has truly forgiven her for breaking her bargain with God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willard exact his revenge on the hunters later, and what does he say to Arvin about the incident?
2. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
3. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
4. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
5. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
6. What happens to the young, attractive soldier that Carl and Sandy pick up?
7. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
8. Why does Carl wake up drenched in sweat?
9. What does Roy do that causes the crowd to panic?
10. At what does Dunlap hint to Willard one day when Willard goes to pay his rent?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)