|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
(a) It is the best time he ever had with his father.
(b) It was gratifying to know his father was looking out for Willard.
(c) It was enlightening.
(d) He realizes his father has a soft side.
2. Why is Willard's mother relieved at what she learns about Roy?
(a) That Willard is free.
(b) That Roy will take care of Theodore.
(c) That God is not going to hold her to her bargain.
(d) That God has found the right person for Roy to marry.
3. What does Arvin expect of his father after hearing the statement about Charlotte?
(a) To congratulate the speaker.
(b) To ignore the statement.
(c) To respond in some way.
(d) To go to town after Charlotte immediately.
4. What does Hank give Arvin?
(b) A free soda.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A bag of licorice.
5. What does Arvin watch Willard do?
(a) Buys Arvin's mother a bolt of silk.
(b) Buys the farmer's extra bull.
(c) Savagely beat the man who admired Willard's wife.
(d) Cheats a man out of some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Sandy confused?
2. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
3. In what does Carl have faith?
4. What happens after Arvin feeds Jack?
5. What is said about Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bodecker learn when he visits the bar where Sandy works?
2. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
3. How does Roy end up killing Helen?
4. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
5. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
6. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
7. Why does Carl wake up drenched in sweat?
8. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
9. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
10. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)