|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Arvin feeds Jack?
(a) Willard knocks Arvin across the room for feeding stray children.
(c) Willard promises Arvin Jack will be safe.
(d) Willard comes home and shoots Jack.
2. What does Arvin find in the prayer clearing after waking?
(a) The prayer clearing cleaned up and his father sitting despondent.
(b) His father crying.
(c) His father and another man fighting.
(d) His father dead of suicide.
3. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
(a) Get his mother a bracelet to wear with the silk.
(b) Not tell his mother about the incident.
(c) Learn to be more forgiving than his father.
(d) Be as tough as his dad.
4. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
(a) No one.
5. About whom does Theodore sing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard nail to a cross in the prayer clearing?
2. What does Carl believe he is doing?
3. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
4. About what is Sandy confused?
5. What does Willard begin doing again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willard decide to do as Charlotte's health deteriorates?
2. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
3. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
4. What does Bodecker learn when he visits the bar where Sandy works?
5. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
6. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
7. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
8. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
9. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
10. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)