|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is it rumored that Edith is involved sexually?
(a) The preacher who is married.
(b) The principal at the school.
(c) A black handyman.
(d) The town's general contractor.
2. How old is Arvin when Charlotte is diagnosed with cancer?
3. Who greets Willard when he arrives home?
(a) His mother and uncle.
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother and his two sisters.
4. Who is the first hitchhiker mentioned in Chapter 10?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A soldier.
(c) An old drunk.
(d) A hippie.
5. What does Arvin secretly wish?
(a) His mother would just die.
(b) His father would send Arvin away for good.
(c) His mother would hurry and get well so Arvin could have a dog.
(d) His mother would get well but his father would die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
2. About what does Dunlap taunt Willard?
3. What does Arvin find in the prayer clearing after waking?
4. What does Willard realize is not working to help Charlotte?
5. Where is Hank Bell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pastor Sykes announce and what does he not tell his congregation?
2. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
3. Why does Sandy ask Carl to teach her to use the gun he bought her?
4. What does Arvin ask Earskell about during Arvin's birthday celebration and why does Arvin request asking the question?
5. What happens to Lenora at school and how does Arvin intervene?
6. Who do Carl and Sandy pick up after Roy and what does each person in the car think as they are riding?
7. Where do Theodore and Roy move and how is Theodore?
8. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
9. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
10. How does Carl prepare for his and Sandy's next hunt?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)