|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Willard's mother relieved at what she learns about Roy?
(a) That God is not going to hold her to her bargain.
(b) That Willard is free.
(c) That God has found the right person for Roy to marry.
(d) That Roy will take care of Theodore.
2. What is the year of the opening of the first chapter?
3. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
(a) Stand up for himself.
(b) Start saying no.
(c) Realize that others just are jealous of his brilliance and take it as a compliment.
(d) To stop thinking so highly of himself.
4. What is one characteristic mentioned about Sandy Henderson?
5. What happens despite the sacrifice of the lawyer?
(a) Willard cannot buy the house the lawyer used to own.
(b) Arvin's health begins to fail.
(c) Willard is not happy.
(d) Charlotte's condition worsens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willard doing?
2. How does Arvin respond to Willard's action?
3. What is Henry Dunlap's profession?
4. What does Bodecker recall about a night he passed out drunk?
5. Why does Willard decide to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bodecker get a call about and what does Bodecker start to wonder about Arvin?
2. What happens to the young, attractive soldier that Carl and Sandy pick up?
3. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
4. How does Lenora accidentally commit suicide?
5. With whom is Henry's wife committing adultery and with whom does Henry say he'd like to commit adultery?
6. What is the phone call about that Bodecker receives and what does Bodecker conclude?
7. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
8. What does Joe tell Sandy when he visits her at the bar one day and what is her reaction?
9. What does Teagardin contemplate that night after the potluck dinner?
10. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)