|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Arvin when Charlotte is diagnosed with cancer?
2. With what does Willard become obsessed after learning of Charlotte's illness?
(a) Saving Charlotte through prayer.
(b) Making Charlotte's last year wonderful.
(c) Getting the best medical care for Charlotte.
(d) Buying the house for Charlotte.
3. How is Charlotte's funeral described?
(a) As sparsely attended.
(b) Willard does not have a funeral.
(c) As highly attended.
(d) As lavishly done.
4. What does Emma learn about Willard that makes her believe God has truly forgiven her for breaking her bargain with God?
(a) That Helen is happy.
(b) That Charlotte is the daughter of a preacher.
(c) That Willard has a good job.
(d) That Willard's wife just gave birth to a boy.
5. What is Sandy's relation to Lee Bodecker?
(a) They are not related.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard begin doing again?
2. What does Arvin watch Willard do?
3. At what does Dunlap hint to Willard one day?
4. Where does Willard end up renting a house for his family?
5. What is the year of the opening of the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what does Dunlap hint to Willard one day when Willard goes to pay his rent?
2. Who is closing Maude's Store, and about what is he fantasizing?
3. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
4. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
5. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
6. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
7. What do the two hunters loudly discuss and what is Willard's reaction?
8. What happens one night when Willard wakes Arvin?
9. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
10. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)