|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Arvin's father respond how Arvin expected?
(a) Arvin's father is too deeply into praying.
(b) Arvin's father thinks his brother has too many children already but would not say so.
(c) Arvin's father has fallen asleep.
(d) Arvin's father does not hear well and heard something different.
2. For what does Willard ask God regularly?
(a) Patience with Dunlap.
(b) His wife to become pregnant again.
(c) His son to get bigger.
(d) The strength not to kill Dunlap.
3. Who does Theodore manipulate Roy into killing?
(c) No one.
4. What does Willard tells Arvin when Willard comes to the clearing?
(a) Charlotte is well.
(b) Charlotte wants to speak to Arvin.
(c) Willard is sorry for killing Arvin's dog.
(d) Charlotte is dead.
5. How old is Arvin when Charlotte is diagnosed with cancer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theodore say he once did?
2. What does Arvin say does not work?
3. How does Sandy think she got a venereal disease?
4. What does Willard begin doing again?
5. How does Willard account for the large amount of blood in the clearing when he kills Dunlap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
3. Where is Arvin joining his father?
4. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
5. Describe the church revival Willard attends with Emma.
6. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
7. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
8. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
9. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
10. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)