|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arvin secretly wish?
(a) His mother would get well but his father would die.
(b) His mother would hurry and get well so Arvin could have a dog.
(c) His mother would just die.
(d) His father would send Arvin away for good.
2. What is one characteristic mentioned about Carl?
(d) Much younger than Sandy.
3. What does Hank give Arvin?
(b) A free soda.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A bag of licorice.
4. Who is Lee Bodecker?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A coronor.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A sheriff's deputy.
5. Who is Edith?
(a) Dunlap's wife.
(b) Arvin's teacher at school.
(c) Willard's sister.
(d) Charlotte's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
2. Where is Hank Bell?
3. Where does Willard end up renting a house for his family?
4. Where does Willard put the animal carcasses?
5. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
Short Essay Questions
1. From whom does Willard rent a house and how does the man verbally abuse Willard?
2. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
3. How does Willard exact his revenge on the hunters later, and what does he say to Arvin about the incident?
4. What do the two hunters loudly discuss and what is Willard's reaction?
5. What happens to the young, attractive soldier that Carl and Sandy pick up?
6. How does Carl convince young men to have sex with Sandy and what does Carl do after they have sex?
7. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
9. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
10. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)