|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willard end up renting a house for his family?
(a) Dunlap's Cove.
(b) Mud Hollow.
(c) Spring Valley.
(d) Mitchell Flats.
2. Upon what are Arvin and his father seated?
(a) An oak log.
(b) They are standing on mounting blocks to reach the back of the horses.
(c) On top of a hay bale.
(d) A maple bench.
3. Where does Arvin join his father?
(a) Cutting hay in the west field.
(b) At his father's regular evening prayer.
(c) Having a drink at a pub.
(d) Grooming the horses.
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Arvin's oldest sister.
(b) Arvin's younger sister.
(c) Arvin's mother.
(d) Arvin's aunt who is married to the uncle who stops by.
5. With whom is it rumored that Edith is involved sexually?
(a) The principal at the school.
(b) A black handyman.
(c) The preacher who is married.
(d) The town's general contractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
2. What does Carl believe he is doing?
3. What does Bodecker recall about a night he passed out drunk?
4. What does Sandy do with the first hitchhiker mentioned?
5. What does Willard realize is not working to help Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bodecker get a call about and what does Bodecker start to wonder about Arvin?
2. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
3. Who do Sandy and Carl pick up next and what happens?
4. How does Willard exact his revenge on the hunters later, and what does he say to Arvin about the incident?
5. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
6. Where does Carl start hanging out and what is his reaction one night to a conversation between two Republicans?
7. What does Arvin notice about the new pastor?
8. What do the two hunters loudly discuss and what is Willard's reaction?
9. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
10. What does Carl think about when he goes to eat at the White Cow Diner?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)