|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willard tells Arvin when Willard comes to the clearing?
(a) Willard is sorry for killing Arvin's dog.
(b) Charlotte is well.
(c) Charlotte wants to speak to Arvin.
(d) Charlotte is dead.
2. What is the result of how others in the area see Arvin?
(a) Others avoid Arvin.
(b) Arvin is bullied.
(c) Arvin is envied.
(d) Others take advantage of him.
3. What makes Carl wake up in a cold sweat?
(a) Worried about an article he reads in Minnesota.
(b) Thinking that the last victim wasn't really dead.
(c) Thinking that Lee is on to them.
(d) Thinking Sandy is going to turn herself and him in.
4. What does Arvin watch Willard do?
(a) Buys the farmer's extra bull.
(b) Savagely beat the man who admired Willard's wife.
(c) Buys Arvin's mother a bolt of silk.
(d) Cheats a man out of some money.
5. Why is Willard's mother relieved at what she learns about Roy?
(a) That Roy will take care of Theodore.
(b) That God has found the right person for Roy to marry.
(c) That God is not going to hold her to her bargain.
(d) That Willard is free.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Willard ask God regularly?
2. What is Henry Dunlap's profession?
3. Upon what are Arvin and his father seated?
4. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
5. What does Theodore bring to a church revival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roy end up killing Helen?
2. What does Willard do after Charlotte's funeral?
3. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
4. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
5. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
6. What happens when Arvin turns ten and how does Willard plan to fix it?
7. About what does Deputy Sheriff Bodecker fantasize?
8. What do the two hunters loudly discuss and what is Willard's reaction?
9. Where is Willard going and what is he thinking about as he travels in Chapter 1?
10. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)