|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Theodore sing?
2. What is said about Charlotte?
(a) That Charlotte is expecting again.
(b) That Charlotte is the prettiest woman he'd ever seen.
(c) That Charlotte is going to be hard to get married off being so plain.
(d) That Charlotte is keeping company with the wrong sort.
3. Where does Willard later take Arvin?
(a) To the docks to buy merchandise.
(b) To visit the farmer next to their property.
(c) To the dry goods store.
(d) To the local bar.
4. What does Arvin say does not work?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Being good.
(c) Nothing works.
5. What is one characteristic mentioned about Carl?
(b) Much younger than Sandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Willard become obsessed after learning of Charlotte's illness?
2. Why is Willard's mother relieved at what she learns about Roy?
3. What is Willard doing?
4. Why does Willard start killing animals?
5. What is one characteristic mentioned about Sandy Henderson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carl wake up drenched in sweat?
2. Why does Willard decide to move his family and how does Charlotte feel about the idea?
3. How does Roy end up killing Helen?
4. What does Willard confess to Emma and what is Emma's reaction?
5. What does Willard do one day that greatly upsets Arvin?
6. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
7. Why does Emma believe God will not hold her to her bargain about Willard?
8. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
9. Who are Sandy and Carl and what are they doing?
10. What interrupts Hank Bell's daydreaming?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)