|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prophet and the Picker?
(a) The name of Roy and Theodore's act.
(b) A book Roy writes.
(c) A pamphlet that Emma reads daily.
(d) A book Theodore finds and becomes obsessed about.
2. Where does Sandy put her money?
(a) In a shoebox.
(b) In the freezer.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a jar.
3. Who is Pastor Teagardin?
(a) The old pastor who is retiring.
(b) The new preacher.
(c) A fake minister who never went to seminary.
(d) A man who got the name in the military when he'd preach to all his fellow soldiers.
4. What does Joe ask Carl and Sandy?
(a) To take his picture.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To watch his cat.
(d) About their plans.
5. How does Teagardin view Cynthia?
(a) As a friend more than sexual partner.
(b) As a sex slave.
(c) As a illiterate ignoramus.
(d) As a equal partner.
6. Where does Carl cruise after dropping Sandy off at work?
(a) The closed train station.
(b) Downtown Meade.
(c) The old quarry.
(d) The State Park.
7. Who do Carl and Sandy pick up after their fourth young man?
(c) No one.
8. What happens to their fourth "model"?
(a) He can't perform so Carl lets him go.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is not quite dead when Carl puts him in the grave.
(d) He turns a gun on them.
9. What do Roy and Theodore accuse the other of being?
(a) The worse abomination unto God.
(b) Bad dressers.
(d) Bad lovers.
10. Who does Lenora want to be like?
11. Why is Teagardin crying when talking to Arvin?
(a) He is sorry Lenora kills herself.
(b) He is sorry for hurting Lenora.
(c) He realizes Arvin is going to kill him.
(d) He is not crying.
12. What does Earskill suggest about the Luger?
(a) Arvin give it to Lenora for protection.
(b) Arvin learn how to use it correctly.
(c) Arvin put it away for a while.
(d) Arvin give it back to Earskill.
13. What does Teagardin do to "help" Lenora being bullied?
(a) Talks to the boys' parents.
(b) Says he will pray for her.
(c) Talks to a school official.
(d) Takes away her virginity.
14. About what do three older boys taunt Lenora?
(a) Being smelly.
(b) Being an orphan.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Being an illegitimate baby.
15. About what does Sandy fantasize?
(a) Killing herself after killing Carl.
(b) Letting Arvin live.
(c) Arvin falling in love with her.
(d) Shooting Carl and taking off with Arvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy do after the pick up their next man?
2. Who is pictured as thin and pale in an unbecoming bonnet?
3. What does Bodecker have for the first time in a year?
4. Who does Arvin put in the hospital?
5. With whom does Arvin go to live after his father's death?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)