|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma feel about Teagardin's spontaneous sermon?
2. How does Lenora see Teagardin?
(a) As piggish.
(b) As self-righteous.
(c) As holy.
(d) As kind.
3. For how long did Roy and Theodore travel in the South?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
4. How old is Arvin when he gets Willard's Luger?
5. How is Theodore?
(a) His health is deteriorating rapidly.
(b) He is about the same as always.
(c) His death is imminent.
(d) He is getting stronger.
6. About what does Jamie joke when Carl pulls over to a field?
(a) Getting paid to help Carl.
(b) Taking both of them on sexually.
(c) The way Sandy seems so experienced.
(d) Changing his mind.
7. What does Sandy do after the pick up their next man?
(a) Refuses to do what Carl says.
(b) Starts undressing.
(c) Asks the preacher to give her absolution.
8. What does Arvin take out of the glove box?
(a) Another pistol.
(b) A knife.
(c) A letter.
(d) Several canisters of film.
9. What does Carl watch Sandy do when she gets home?
(b) Count her tips.
(d) Take a shower.
10. What does Arvin find on Carl's body?
(a) Several thousand dollars.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A check from the sheriff.
(d) A photo.
11. What picture does Carl put in his wallet?
(a) The young soldier just before he comes into Sandy.
(b) Sandy cradling the head of the model.
(c) Sandy nude and tied spread eagled.
(d) His mother dying.
12. Where does Carl end up after cruising?
(a) The White Cow Diner.
(b) The White Pig Diner.
(c) The Happy Diner.
(d) The Take Out Chicken place.
13. What does Teagardin use to illustrate a sermon on honoring the poor?
(b) Loaves of bread.
(c) Chicken livers.
(d) A penny.
14. About what does Sandy complain?
(a) Her brother's corruption in his position as Sheriff.
(b) Her arthritis.
(c) Rude customers.
(d) That Carl never wants her anymore.
15. What job does Arvin get after high school graduation?
(a) On a fishing boat.
(b) In the fruit orchards.
(c) With the forestry department.
(d) On a road crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Carl of his time in California with Sandy?
2. What does Carl wait for to go to his box of photos?
3. What does Carl put in Sandy's gun?
4. Why does Carl's mood change on the way home?
5. With whom does Arvin go to live after his father's death?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)