|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Lenora fantasize concerning Roy?
(a) Him taking her to a better life.
(c) He getting rid of Theodore.
(d) Him building her a house next to Emma's home.
2. Who is Pastor Teagardin?
(a) A man who got the name in the military when he'd preach to all his fellow soldiers.
(b) The old pastor who is retiring.
(c) The new preacher.
(d) A fake minister who never went to seminary.
3. Who is Cynthia?
(a) Roy's sister.
(b) The waitress at the White Cow.
(c) Theodore's sister.
(d) Pastor Teagardin's wife.
4. Why does Sandy want to do laundry?
(a) She wants to pass word to her brother at a pay phone.
(b) She says Carl stinks.
(c) She wants a feeling of normalcy.
(d) She wants to try to get away from Carl.
5. Who visits Sandy at her work?
6. Of what is Arvin aware concerning Pastor Teagardin?
(a) The man has a twitch in his left hand.
(b) The man seems to have trouble concentrating.
(c) The man is excited at the arrival of two young, pretty girls.
(d) The man has a twitch in his left eye.
7. What does Sandy's film agreement in California involve?
(a) A comercial.
(c) Playing the roles of extras.
(d) She does not have any film agreement.
8. What reminds Carl of his time in California with Sandy?
(a) A conversation with a waitress.
(b) Seeing a picture on the wall of the eating place.
(c) Hearing the name of one of the towns mentioned on the news.
(d) Eating fried pork rinds like he had in California.
9. About what do three older boys taunt Lenora?
(a) Being an illegitimate baby.
(b) Being smelly.
(c) Being an orphan.
(d) Being ugly.
10. What is the phone call about to Bodecker?
(a) The death of Emma.
(b) Finding Teagardin's corpse.
(c) Finding Arvin's body.
(d) The burning of the house where Arvin used to live.
11. Where does Sandy put her money?
(a) In the freezer.
(b) In a jar.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a shoebox.
12. What does Jamie think of Sandy?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is afraid of Carl.
(c) She is unattractive.
(d) She is good looking.
13. What does Arvin do when the car comes to a halt?
(a) Puts his gun to Sandy's head.
(b) Tells Carl to put the gun down.
(c) Readies his Luger.
(d) Calls the sheriff on his cell phone.
14. Where does Arvin visit the next day after his encounter with Carl and Sandy?
(a) The White Cow.
(b) The Wooden Spoon.
(c) The Wooden Mermaid.
(d) The church.
15. About what does Sandy fantasize?
(a) Shooting Carl and taking off with Arvin.
(b) Letting Arvin live.
(c) Arvin falling in love with her.
(d) Killing herself after killing Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carl cruise after dropping Sandy off at work?
2. How is Theodore?
3. What does Arvin first note about Carl and Sandy?
4. What does Teagardin do to "help" Lenora being bullied?
5. With whom is Roy having an affair?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)