|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl put in Sandy's gun?
2. What does Sandy do after the pick up their next man?
(a) Asks the preacher to give her absolution.
(b) Refuses to do what Carl says.
(d) Starts undressing.
3. What does Arvin take out of the glove box?
(a) A knife.
(b) Another pistol.
(c) A letter.
(d) Several canisters of film.
4. What does Arvin do when the car comes to a halt?
(a) Tells Carl to put the gun down.
(b) Puts his gun to Sandy's head.
(c) Calls the sheriff on his cell phone.
(d) Readies his Luger.
5. What does Jamie plan to do when he is with Carl and Sandy?
(a) Blackmail them.
(b) Steal some money from them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Steal their car.
6. What does Sandy's film agreement in California involve?
(a) Playing the roles of extras.
(c) A comercial.
(d) She does not have any film agreement.
7. What does Carl get for Sandy?
(a) A new car.
(b) A gun.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A diamond ring.
8. Who is pictured as thin and pale in an unbecoming bonnet?
9. How is Theodore?
(a) His health is deteriorating rapidly.
(b) He is about the same as always.
(c) He is getting stronger.
(d) His death is imminent.
10. Who is Cynthia?
(a) Pastor Teagardin's wife.
(b) The waitress at the White Cow.
(c) Theodore's sister.
(d) Roy's sister.
11. Where does Arvin visit the next day after his encounter with Carl and Sandy?
(a) The White Cow.
(b) The Wooden Mermaid.
(c) The Wooden Spoon.
(d) The church.
12. What does Arvin turn toward the wall in the motel room where he stays?
(a) A picture of Jesus.
(b) A cross.
(c) A picture of a girl that reminds him of Lenora.
(d) A picture of a man that reminds him of his father.
13. What does Bodecker have for the first time in a year?
(a) A drink.
(b) A snort of cocaine.
(c) A handful of painkillers.
14. What does Earskill suggest about the Luger?
(a) Arvin learn how to use it correctly.
(b) Arvin give it to Lenora for protection.
(c) Arvin give it back to Earskill.
(d) Arvin put it away for a while.
15. Of what is Arvin aware concerning Pastor Teagardin?
(a) The man has a twitch in his left eye.
(b) The man is excited at the arrival of two young, pretty girls.
(c) The man has a twitch in his left hand.
(d) The man seems to have trouble concentrating.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Teagardin struggle?
2. About what do three older boys taunt Lenora?
3. Where does Sandy put her money?
4. What job does Arvin get after high school graduation?
5. What does Carl watch Sandy do when she gets home?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)