|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to their fourth "model"?
(a) He turns a gun on them.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He can't perform so Carl lets him go.
(d) He is not quite dead when Carl puts him in the grave.
2. What reminds Carl of his time in California with Sandy?
(a) Seeing a picture on the wall of the eating place.
(b) Eating fried pork rinds like he had in California.
(c) A conversation with a waitress.
(d) Hearing the name of one of the towns mentioned on the news.
3. Where is Pastor Teagardin meeting his parishioners?
(a) While sitting in the diner.
(b) At a potluck dinner.
(c) At a beach party.
(d) At the parrish hall after church.
4. Where does Carl end up after cruising?
(a) The White Cow Diner.
(b) The Take Out Chicken place.
(c) The Happy Diner.
(d) The White Pig Diner.
5. How does Teagardin view Cynthia?
(a) As a friend more than sexual partner.
(b) As a illiterate ignoramus.
(c) As a sex slave.
(d) As a equal partner.
6. What does Arvin do when the car comes to a halt?
(a) Readies his Luger.
(b) Calls the sheriff on his cell phone.
(c) Puts his gun to Sandy's head.
(d) Tells Carl to put the gun down.
7. What does Arvin turn toward the wall in the motel room where he stays?
(a) A picture of Jesus.
(b) A picture of a man that reminds him of his father.
(c) A cross.
(d) A picture of a girl that reminds him of Lenora.
8. Why is Teagardin crying when talking to Arvin?
(a) He is not crying.
(b) He is sorry Lenora kills herself.
(c) He realizes Arvin is going to kill him.
(d) He is sorry for hurting Lenora.
9. With what does Teagardin struggle?
(a) Feeling good about having a young wife.
(b) Feeling compassion.
(c) Reconciling his faith in Jesus with his lust for women.
(d) Feeling worthy of his calling.
10. What does Bodecker have for the first time in a year?
(a) A snort of cocaine.
(c) A handful of painkillers.
(d) A drink.
11. What does Jamie think of Sandy?
(a) She is afraid of Carl.
(b) She is unattractive.
(c) She is odd.
(d) She is good looking.
12. Where does Sandy put her money?
(a) In a jar.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the freezer.
(d) In a shoebox.
13. What does the visitor tell Sandy?
(a) About Lenora's need for a job.
(b) About Joe's unpopularity.
(c) About Lee's problems with drugs
(d) About Carl's activities while she's working.
14. About what does Jamie joke when Carl pulls over to a field?
(a) Changing his mind.
(b) Getting paid to help Carl.
(c) The way Sandy seems so experienced.
(d) Taking both of them on sexually.
15. Who wants to be near the water?
(b) Paster Teagardin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Carl and Sandy?
2. Who is Cynthia?
3. With whom does Arvin develop a close friendship?
4. With whom does Arvin go to live after his father's death?
5. What is one thing Theodore dreams?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)