|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of how others in the area see Arvin?
(a) Arvin is bullied.
(b) Others take advantage of him.
(c) Arvin is envied.
(d) Others avoid Arvin.
2. About what is Hank fantasizing?
(a) Going to Cincinnati for a baseball game.
(b) Playing for the Cincinnati Reds.
(c) Owning the local flower shop.
(d) Asking a certain girl out for a date.
3. How does Arvin feel about his father's reaction to the statement about Charlotte?
(a) Arvin is outraged that his father is not listening.
(b) Arvin is disappointed.
(c) Arvin admires his father's calmness.
(d) Arvin is certain his father will do something when it's appropriate to do so.
4. About what does Dunlap taunt Willard?
(a) That Arvin is small for his age.
(b) The disparity in the two men's incomes.
(c) That Dunlap will never sell the house to a loser.
(d) That Willard's wife has her eye on Dunlap.
5. Who is Lee Bodecker?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A coronor.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A sheriff's deputy.
6. What does Carl store in his glove box?
(a) Porn pictures of Sandy having sex.
(b) Chocolate bars.
(c) Enough pills to kill himself.
(d) A .38 pistol.
7. What does Roy empty over his head?
(a) A bottle of beer.
(b) A jar of snakes.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A jar of spiders.
8. Who is the first hitchhiker mentioned in Chapter 10?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An old drunk.
(c) A hippie.
(d) A soldier.
9. How does Arvin respond to Willard's action?
(a) He was relieved that they did not have to read the Bible every night.
(b) He agrees with his father.
(c) He is now aware of what happened to the lawyer.
(d) He is deeply disturbed.
10. Where has Sandy been driving?
(a) In the Pacific Northwest.
(b) Across the Midwest.
(c) Across the South.
(d) In the New England States.
11. Who is Jack?
(a) Charlotte's brother who comes to visit.
(b) Arvin's best friend.
(c) A neighbor who is getting suspicious of Willard's activities.
(d) A gentle dog Arvin adopted.
12. Where is Hank Bell?
(a) In Knockemstiff.
(b) In Dunlap's Flat.
(c) In Mitchell's Flat.
(d) In Remockstaff.
13. Of what does a woman accuse Sandy?
(a) Of stealing some money.
(b) Of stealing some books from the library.
(c) Of being a whore.
(d) Of coming on to her children.
14. What is Sandy's relation to Lee Bodecker?
(b) They are not related.
15. How old is Arvin when Willard decides to move?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by where Arvin and his father are?
2. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
3. What does Willard realize is not working to help Charlotte?
4. What does Willard begin doing again?
5. In what does Carl have faith?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)