|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hank Bell?
(a) In Mitchell's Flat.
(b) In Knockemstiff.
(c) In Dunlap's Flat.
(d) In Remockstaff.
2. What does Carl store in his glove box?
(a) Enough pills to kill himself.
(b) Chocolate bars.
(c) A .38 pistol.
(d) Porn pictures of Sandy having sex.
3. What does Arvin say does not work?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Being good.
(c) Nothing works.
4. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
(b) As greedy.
5. About what do some of Dunlap's friends warn him?
(a) Charlotte's fidelity.
(b) That he'd be getting the current State Senator as an enemy.
(c) That he's told too many people about the law partner and the suspicion would fall on Dunlap.
(d) Willard's temper.
6. Of what does a woman accuse Sandy?
(a) Of stealing some money.
(b) Of stealing some books from the library.
(c) Of coming on to her children.
(d) Of being a whore.
7. What does Theodore say he once did?
(a) Tried to kill himself.
(b) Tried to get out of the draft.
(c) Tried to kill his brother.
(d) Hit his mother.
8. What does Bodecker recall about a night he passed out drunk?
(a) Sandy tells him she is going to kill herself.
(b) Sandy tells him about her and Carl's trip.
(c) Sandy takes his money.
(d) Sandy drives him home.
9. What does Emma learn about Willard that makes her believe God has truly forgiven her for breaking her bargain with God?
(a) That Willard has a good job.
(b) That Helen is happy.
(c) That Willard's wife just gave birth to a boy.
(d) That Charlotte is the daughter of a preacher.
10. What does Arvin do for hours one night when his father sends him to the prayer log?
(a) Sleeps on the blood soaked ground.
(c) Shouts his prayers.
(d) Curses his father.
11. What is the year of the opening of the first chapter?
12. What does Carl do with the first hitchhiker?
(a) Forces him to have sex with Carl.
(b) Forces him strip and leave that way.
(c) Forces her to have sex with Carl.
(d) Kills him.
13. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
(a) It is sometimes necessary to choose the time and place to fight back.
(b) His mother wants to go to her niece's wedding looking nicely.
(c) He is cheating a scoundrel who deserves it.
(d) He wants to increase the cow herd so Willard has some inheritance.
14. What is one characteristic mentioned about Sandy Henderson?
15. Who stops by where Arvin and his father are?
(a) Two hunters.
(b) One of Arvin's uncles.
(c) The pastor.
(d) The game warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have decayed teeth?
2. What does Theodore bring to a church revival?
3. What is Henry Dunlap's profession?
4. What does Willard tells Arvin when Willard comes to the clearing?
5. What does Hank give Arvin?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)