|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy say God did for Roy?
(a) Gave him wealth.
(b) Took away Roy's fear of spiders.
(c) Taught him compassion.
(d) Gave him his wife.
2. What does Carl make hitchhikers think?
(a) That Carl will kill them if they don't have sex with his wife.
(b) That Carl thinks of them like a father.
(c) That Sandy is going to kill herself if she does not have sex soon.
(d) That Carl is impotent.
3. With whom is it rumored that Edith is involved sexually?
(a) The principal at the school.
(b) A black handyman.
(c) The preacher who is married.
(d) The town's general contractor.
4. How does Arvin think he is viewed by others in the area?
(a) As an outsider.
(b) As a brilliant student.
(c) As arrogant.
(d) As a kind floormat.
5. About what does Dunlap hint among his friends?
(a) That he hired a man to kill his law partner.
(b) That he'd like to run for State Senate.
(c) That he'd like to move to the city.
(d) That he'd like to have sex with Charlotte.
6. What is the result of how others in the area see Arvin?
(a) Arvin is bullied.
(b) Arvin is envied.
(c) Others take advantage of him.
(d) Others avoid Arvin.
7. What does Willard begin doing again?
(a) Sacrificing animals.
(b) Giving Charlotte quake medicines to try to help her.
(c) Making Arvin stay home from school to pray.
(d) Making Arvin stay with his grandmother during the week days.
8. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
(a) To stop thinking so highly of himself.
(b) Realize that others just are jealous of his brilliance and take it as a compliment.
(c) Start saying no.
(d) Stand up for himself.
9. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
(a) Learn to be more forgiving than his father.
(b) Get his mother a bracelet to wear with the silk.
(c) Be as tough as his dad.
(d) Not tell his mother about the incident.
10. What does Carl store in his glove box?
(a) Enough pills to kill himself.
(b) Chocolate bars.
(c) A .38 pistol.
(d) Porn pictures of Sandy having sex.
11. How does Arvin respond to Willard's action?
(a) He is deeply disturbed.
(b) He agrees with his father.
(c) He was relieved that they did not have to read the Bible every night.
(d) He is now aware of what happened to the lawyer.
12. What does Emma learn about Willard that makes her believe God has truly forgiven her for breaking her bargain with God?
(a) That Willard's wife just gave birth to a boy.
(b) That Charlotte is the daughter of a preacher.
(c) That Helen is happy.
(d) That Willard has a good job.
13. Where does the bus make a stop on Willard's way home?
(a) The Tingley crossroad.
(b) The Wooden Indian truck stop.
(c) The Wooden Spoon Diner.
(d) The Greasy Spoon Cafe.
14. What does Carl do with the first hitchhiker?
(a) Forces him strip and leave that way.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Forces him to have sex with Carl.
(d) Forces her to have sex with Carl.
15. Why is Willard's mother relieved at what she learns about Roy?
(a) That Roy will take care of Theodore.
(b) That God is not going to hold her to her bargain.
(c) That Willard is free.
(d) That God has found the right person for Roy to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Charlotte?
2. At what does Dunlap hint to Willard one day?
3. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
4. How is Reverend Sykes characterized?
5. What does Hank give Arvin?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)