|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one characteristic mentioned about Carl?
(b) Much younger than Sandy.
2. What is Henry Dunlap's profession?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A police chief.
3. Where does Willard put the animal carcasses?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) He burns them.
(c) In the prayer clearing.
(d) In the field to warn off the other animals from the garden.
4. Who is Edith?
(a) Arvin's teacher at school.
(b) Charlotte's sister.
(c) Dunlap's wife.
(d) Willard's sister.
5. What does Arvin do for hours one night when his father sends him to the prayer log?
(a) Curses his father.
(b) Shouts his prayers.
(d) Sleeps on the blood soaked ground.
6. Where does the bus make a stop on Willard's way home?
(a) The Tingley crossroad.
(b) The Wooden Indian truck stop.
(c) The Greasy Spoon Cafe.
(d) The Wooden Spoon Diner.
7. Where does Arvin join his father?
(a) At his father's regular evening prayer.
(b) Having a drink at a pub.
(c) Grooming the horses.
(d) Cutting hay in the west field.
8. About what is Sandy confused?
(a) Why Carl is so good to her now after beating her.
(b) Where the hitchhiker went.
(c) Why Carl wants her to abstain from sex.
(d) How she got where she is.
9. What does Willard begin doing again?
(a) Sacrificing animals.
(b) Giving Charlotte quake medicines to try to help her.
(c) Making Arvin stay with his grandmother during the week days.
(d) Making Arvin stay home from school to pray.
10. How old is Arvin when Willard decides to move?
11. What is one characteristic mentioned about Sandy Henderson?
12. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
(a) Start saying no.
(b) Realize that others just are jealous of his brilliance and take it as a compliment.
(c) Stand up for himself.
(d) To stop thinking so highly of himself.
13. What does Sandy do with the first hitchhiker mentioned?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Initiates sex.
(c) Gives her some money.
(d) Shoots her.
14. In what does Carl have faith?
15. What does Arvin secretly wish?
(a) His father would send Arvin away for good.
(b) His mother would just die.
(c) His mother would get well but his father would die.
(d) His mother would hurry and get well so Arvin could have a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by where Arvin and his father are?
2. How is Charlotte's funeral described?
3. What does Arvin expect of his father after hearing the statement about Charlotte?
4. About what does Willard's mother ask Willard to pray?
5. How old is Arvin when Charlotte is diagnosed with cancer?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)