|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Sandy been driving?
(a) Across the South.
(b) Across the Midwest.
(c) In the Pacific Northwest.
(d) In the New England States.
2. What does Carl believe he is doing?
(a) He is educating Sandy about the great United States.
(b) He is helping the population explosion.
(c) He is on a religious mission.
(d) He is saving his wife's soul.
3. What does Willard tells Arvin when Willard comes to the clearing?
(a) Charlotte is well.
(b) Willard is sorry for killing Arvin's dog.
(c) Charlotte wants to speak to Arvin.
(d) Charlotte is dead.
4. How old is Arvin when Willard decides to move?
5. How does Arvin respond to Willard's action?
(a) He was relieved that they did not have to read the Bible every night.
(b) He is now aware of what happened to the lawyer.
(c) He agrees with his father.
(d) He is deeply disturbed.
6. What does Arvin watch Willard do?
(a) Cheats a man out of some money.
(b) Buys Arvin's mother a bolt of silk.
(c) Buys the farmer's extra bull.
(d) Savagely beat the man who admired Willard's wife.
7. Who is Edith?
(a) Dunlap's wife.
(b) Willard's sister.
(c) Charlotte's sister.
(d) Arvin's teacher at school.
8. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
(a) It is sometimes necessary to choose the time and place to fight back.
(b) His mother wants to go to her niece's wedding looking nicely.
(c) He wants to increase the cow herd so Willard has some inheritance.
(d) He is cheating a scoundrel who deserves it.
9. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
(d) No one.
10. About what does Dunlap taunt Willard?
(a) That Willard's wife has her eye on Dunlap.
(b) That Dunlap will never sell the house to a loser.
(c) The disparity in the two men's incomes.
(d) That Arvin is small for his age.
11. Where is Hank Bell?
(a) In Mitchell's Flat.
(b) In Remockstaff.
(c) In Dunlap's Flat.
(d) In Knockemstiff.
12. In what does Carl have faith?
13. What does Lee ask Arvin?
(a) If Arvin is a runaway.
(b) If Arvin wants to wait until later to take Lee out to his house.
(c) If Arvin wants to ride in the police car.
(d) If Arvin is making up stories.
14. What does Willard nail to a cross in the prayer clearing?
(a) The lawyer's rotting skeleton.
(b) The pages from a Bible.
(c) The miscarried baby Charlotte had the year before.
(d) Jack's carcass.
15. What does Sandy do with the first hitchhiker mentioned?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Gives her some money.
(c) Shoots her.
(d) Initiates sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first hitchhiker mentioned in Chapter 10?
2. About what does Dunlap hint among his friends?
3. What do Willard and Arvin do for hours each day?
4. What happens despite the sacrifice of the lawyer?
5. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)