|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank give Arvin?
(a) A bag of licorice.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A free soda.
2. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
(a) A soldier who is smashed under a tank.
(b) A soldier who is skinned and crucified.
(c) A soldier who is fatally wounded by a grenade.
(d) A young boy who has lost the lower half of his body.
3. What is the result of how others in the area see Arvin?
(a) Arvin is envied.
(b) Others take advantage of him.
(c) Arvin is bullied.
(d) Others avoid Arvin.
4. How old is Arvin when Willard decides to move?
5. About whom does Theodore sing?
6. What does Carl store in his glove box?
(a) Enough pills to kill himself.
(b) A .38 pistol.
(c) Chocolate bars.
(d) Porn pictures of Sandy having sex.
7. What does Arvin do for hours one night when his father sends him to the prayer log?
(a) Sleeps on the blood soaked ground.
(b) Shouts his prayers.
(c) Curses his father.
8. Of what does a woman accuse Sandy?
(a) Of stealing some books from the library.
(b) Of being a whore.
(c) Of stealing some money.
(d) Of coming on to her children.
9. Why does Willard decide to move?
(a) To buy a bigger house for the growing familly.
(b) To take up farming again.
(c) To get Arvin out of the city.
(d) To find a better doctor for Emma.
10. What does Willard nail to a cross in the prayer clearing?
(a) The miscarried baby Charlotte had the year before.
(b) Jack's carcass.
(c) The lawyer's rotting skeleton.
(d) The pages from a Bible.
11. In what does Carl have faith?
12. About what do some of Dunlap's friends warn him?
(a) That he'd be getting the current State Senator as an enemy.
(b) Charlotte's fidelity.
(c) Willard's temper.
(d) That he's told too many people about the law partner and the suspicion would fall on Dunlap.
13. Who says she is going to marry Roy?
(b) No one.
14. What does Lee ask Arvin?
(a) If Arvin wants to ride in the police car.
(b) If Arvin is a runaway.
(c) If Arvin is making up stories.
(d) If Arvin wants to wait until later to take Lee out to his house.
15. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
(a) His mother wants to go to her niece's wedding looking nicely.
(b) It is sometimes necessary to choose the time and place to fight back.
(c) He is cheating a scoundrel who deserves it.
(d) He wants to increase the cow herd so Willard has some inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by where Arvin and his father are?
2. Where does the bus make a stop on Willard's way home?
3. Why does Willard start killing animals?
4. Who is the first hitchhiker mentioned in Chapter 10?
5. With whom is it rumored that Edith is involved sexually?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)