Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue
1. Where is Arvin joining his father?
2. What would keep Willard from coming out to the prayer clearing and what does Arvin think of either activity?
3. How long have the Russells lived in Mitchell Flats and how does that affect the townpeople's attitude towards them and Arvin's time at school?
4. What does Arvin start to do when he hears someone nearby and what is his father's reaction? How does Arvin feel what his father tells him to do?
5. What do the two hunters loudly discuss...
This section contains 928 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)